Saints in trouble Rd 1

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

Saints in trouble Rd 1

With the Bears (sorry Lions) winning their AFLX comp and the Saints not even making their GF... then surely we are going in as the under dogs for Rd 1. Apparantly 2 x 10 ten minutes halves of AFLX is an indicator of how the Saints and its players seasons will turn out...so quick everyone...get a bet on now while the Saints odds will be high!! :D :roll:

BTW, in all seriousness though, I think Rd 1 could be a tough game.

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Re: Saints in trouble Rd 1

Historically there are usually a few upsets in round 1 as there is no base line, game plans etc to go. Some teams are also ”gettable” early in the season until they settle into their groove.

I think this game will be tougher than most people think.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
parkeysainter
SS Life Member

SaintPav wrote:Historically there are usually a few upsets in round 1 as there is no base line, game plans etc to go. Some teams are also ”gettable” early in the season until they settle into their groove.

I think this game will be tougher than most people think.
Agreed SP, we "should" win by 3-6 goals but it might be a tough game for 3 quarters. I've noticed the experts and commentators are talking the Lions up a bit.

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Round 1 is always a bit of a lottery, so any win is a good win
We could be rustier than them, hard to know.

Wish we were playing the Filth we De Goey out due to being a Bloody Idiot, he wasn’t just “a little bit over” either

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
spert
Saintsational Legend

The AFL and associated media will doing everything to talk up Brisbane as the game is struggling up there with poor seasons from Brisbane and GC- the locals will be looking elsewhere for entertainment.

Drake Huggins
Club Player

A definite banana skin, this one. They have improved under Fagan and appear to be up and about. The first two rounds against them and Norf are must wins. They gave us trouble last year at Etihad as well. Not as straightforward as it should be.

"Is this the right room for an argument?"
"I told you once."
"No, you didn't."
"Yes, I did."
"Listen, an argument isn't just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says, it's a series of statements designed to support a particular conclusion."
"No, it isn't."
"Oh, I've had enough of this."
"No you haven't"
"Oh shut up."
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Oh it will be a clash for the ages, get ya tickets early !

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Remember a few times in the 80s we were looking good in the praccie matches, then we played someone we were expected to have a good show of beating; Melbourne at VFL Park, Swans at Moorabbin, or Fitzroy at Princes Park, and we'd get done like a dinner. Brisbane are like we were then.
Brisbane have a few really good players and expect them to take it up to us early, but we'll win easily. We have a physically bigger side than them, and I think we are a far more even team than we have been in the past, with no real bottom six who aren't quite up to it.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
Trump

First game brisbane and then i believe north. Those two games are gonna be huge for saints. If we go well its a great sign. I think brissie freo carlton essendon bulkdogs will improve too so big year for our re build.

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:The AFL and associated media will doing everything to talk up Brisbane as the game is struggling up there with poor seasons from Brisbane and GC- the locals will be looking elsewhere for entertainment.
the locals will be too busy with the CW games - poor old Suns have been booted literally. they play in cairns, melbourne, perth (twice in a row), adelaide, ballarat, heck even china - before their first game at metricon in round 11! Season over before it even began.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

desertsaint wrote:
spert wrote:The AFL and associated media will doing everything to talk up Brisbane as the game is struggling up there with poor seasons from Brisbane and GC- the locals will be looking elsewhere for entertainment.
the locals will be too busy with the CW games - poor old Suns have been booted literally. they play in cairns, melbourne, perth (twice in a row), adelaide, ballarat, heck even china - before their first game at metricon in round 11! Season over before it even began.
Yeah but it’s only the Suns minus Gally so no one gives a stuff about them. It’s karma time for the AFL for setting up a team in a stupid location

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

saintspremiers wrote:
desertsaint wrote:
Yeah but it’s only the Suns minus Gally so no one gives a stuff about them. It’s karma time for the AFL for setting up a team in a stupid location

Yep agree, absolutely ridiculous decision to base two teams in Sth East Qld, Dimwits master plan was based on his huge ego leaving its mark