Saints take flight

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

Saints take flight

http://m.saints.com.au/news/2018-02-06/ ... ake-flight

Top vid again from the digital media team. There was at least 2-3 mil of wages riding in that chopper from what I assume was Moorabbin airport. How times have changed. The new Moorabbin is looking good too. Exciting times!!

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
outside66
Club Player

Re: Saints take flight

Bit of a shame that there was no heads-up to the members so that people could actually be at Moorabbin for this. All well and good to do a video but it would have been a nice gesture to actually include the people who would've made a fair contribution to that chopper flight!

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

outside66 wrote:Bit of a shame that there was no heads-up to the members so that people could actually be at Moorabbin for this. All well and good to do a video but it would have been a nice gesture to actually include the people who would've made a fair contribution to that chopper flight!

You would have gone down for a few players to jump out of a chopper and watch a press conference?

Not sure if what you're wanting is feasible. The club would have to email every member for a very very very very very small uptake - but then make sure they are catered for appropriately and safely at what is still a construction site? Is it still or have we moved in?

Regardless. Bang for buck - not emailing the members is a good thing IMO

Thought it was great publicity myself, hit the heraldsun, was different, exciting and prob got way more exposure than the boring usual leadership accouncements.

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

outside66 wrote:Bit of a shame that there was no heads-up to the members so that people could actually be at Moorabbin for this. All well and good to do a video but it would have been a nice gesture to actually include the people who would've made a fair contribution to that chopper flight!
Hopefully Lethlean paid for it! :D

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
outside66
Club Player

Spinner wrote:

You would have gone down for a few players to jump out of a chopper and watch a press conference?

Not sure if what you're wanting is feasible. The club would have to email every member for a very very very very very small uptake - but then make sure they are catered for appropriately and safely at what is still a construction site? Is it still or have we moved in?

Thought it was great publicity myself, hit the heraldsun, was different, exciting and prob got way more exposure than the boring usual leadership accouncements.
I would've actually. I work in Moorabbin and I'm sure there would've been some people able to make it. All it would've taken is one facebook post. An email to all members doesn't take very long either, as members would be in one big email group. Also, Moorabbin has plenty of standing space - you can pop in and walk around at the moment whenever you want. unfortunately it's another opportunity lost to connect with the fans imo

outside66
Club Player

Spinner wrote:

I would've actually. I work in Moorabbin and I'm sure there would've been some people able to make it. All it would've taken is one facebook post. An email to all members doesn't take very long either, as members would be in one big email group. Also, Moorabbin has plenty of standing space - you can pop in and walk around at the moment whenever you want. unfortunately it's another opportunity lost to connect with the fans imo

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Not much excitement in watching four blokes get out of a helicopter. If you want to connect with the players, family day is coming up on March 9th at Frankston.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
parkeysainter
SS Life Member

kosifantutti wrote:Not much excitement in watching four blokes get out of a helicopter. If you want to connect with the players, family day is coming up on March 9th at Frankston.
Make sure everyone packs their crash helmets for Frankanistan.