Freeman WILL debut this year!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

DJ Higgins
Club Player

Re: Freeman WILL debut this year!

I think people forget that he has been in the system for a while now and others have gone passed him. I hope he gets at least one AFL game with us this year especially if finals are off the table but if you watch a Sandy game this year you will see others shine brighter.

Drake Huggins
Club Player

I hope Nathan Freeman plays in round one and plays every game. The boy has great ability. It would be tragic if he doesn't play a single game of AFL. As for the tiresome Jaxons v Tony74, why do the usual suspects continue to fuel the fire? I suppose the concept of irony is lost on them. It's a Sophie's choice. You'll always have a favourite. Quite frankly, any tidbit of info in this boring phase of the year is welcome.

"Is this the right room for an argument?"
"I told you once."
"No, you didn't."
"Yes, I did."
"Listen, an argument isn't just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says, it's a series of statements designed to support a particular conclusion."
"No, it isn't."
"Oh, I've had enough of this."
"No you haven't"
"Oh shut up."
loris
Saintsational Legend

Drake Huggins wrote:I hope Nathan Freeman plays in round one and plays every game. The boy has great ability. It would be tragic if he doesn't play a single game of AFL. As for the tiresome Jaxons v Tony74, why do the usual suspects continue to fuel the fire? I suppose the concept of irony is lost on them. It's a Sophie's choice. You'll always have a favourite. Quite frankly, any tidbit of info in this boring phase of the year is welcome.
I wouldn’t be surprised to see him playing in the T20 version of the game....... what’s it called AFLX? Now that will test his hammies out don’t you think DH? He’ll be our X Factor in the X game. I’ll be x’ing my fingers that his hammies hold up :wink:

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

loris wrote:
Drake Huggins wrote:I hope Nathan Freeman plays in round one and plays every game. The boy has great ability. It would be tragic if he doesn't play a single game of AFL. As for the tiresome Jaxons v Tony74, why do the usual suspects continue to fuel the fire? I suppose the concept of irony is lost on them. It's a Sophie's choice. You'll always have a favourite. Quite frankly, any tidbit of info in this boring phase of the year is welcome.
I wouldn’t be surprised to see him playing in the T20 version of the game....... what’s it called AFLX? Now that will test his hammies out don’t you think DH? He’ll be our X Factor in the X game. I’ll be x’ing my fingers that his hammies hold up :wink:

Feb 15, the day after Valentine's Day :P

I think you might be right, it's only 10 minute quarters or something.
Some of the keener long-term supporters (like Matoots47 on twitter- 47 years consecutively, and a sponsor of the once-brave-but-now-bitter-Mav)
would be pushing for Freezer to get a taste of it in the colours, albeit in a silly schoolyard-style kick and giggle...
This would generate so much interest, were the club to get him onto the park

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

tony74 wrote:
jaxons wrote:This forum has really degenerated into squabbling fools of late.

This thread is about Freeman, yet 3 pages of garbage and eating our own has followed the post about Freeman breaking down or injuring his hamstring again.

We should be talking about Freeman and the footy club, yet pages and pages of utter tripe which is just a waste of both the writers and readers time.

People we all love the Saints, let's focus on the footy club, the players and winning matches, and most importantly sticking together as fellow Sainters.

It is the one thing we all have in common, let's use it as a strength, because if we can't can't do it as supporters how can you expect our players to deliver the same?
+1. FQF
Yeah thanks to you both
I Get miffed that "some/same" people think they have some kind of ownership over this bbs and actively pursue and harangue posters they dont like
As for freeman and the x game debut
really don't think the club would risk him on a ground that will be tight and explosive game style
Especially as he is recovering from a hamstring tear

Seeya
DJ Higgins
Club Player

Gershwin
Club Player

"His speed is now as high as it's been in two years, so he's starting to back himself and trust his legs," Richardson told AFL.com.au.

"He's had a really good run at it in the period leading up to Christmas and post-Christmas, so he'll now join in.

"He's in really good shape and mentally he's still really positive. I've never met someone as strong as him mentally."

So when was the problem ???

summertime and the living is easy ........
loris
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote:
As for freeman and the x game debut
really don't think the club would risk him on a ground that will be tight and explosive game style
Especially as he is recovering from a hamstring tear
REALLY!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

'twas a Joke Joyce!!!!!! My post to Drake Huggins about Freeman playing in the AFLX was definitely made with 'my tongue firmly planted in my cheek'.

I shakes my head in disbelief, to think posters would seriously pick up and run with my fanciful proposition. Oh well.....................

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Sounds promising - but Richo's hardly about to say he's struggling. Still I prefer reading that he's up and about. Fingers crossed for him and for us. We need him

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

When I hear the words "Broken Down" in a sporting context I think green screen + shotgun + PETA

Freeman = Besanko??

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
coopergrech
Club Player

How's that fake news from the so called itks that's know it all...Freeman is injured again they said...knew it was false Richo said he is fine!

On track to play JLT he said....

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

coopergrech wrote:How's that fake news from the so called itks that's know it all...Freeman is injured again they said...knew it was false Richo said he is fine!

On track to play JLT he said....
Richo said he is going.to join the main group shortly off a modified program.
Hardly fine for a 5th year player.

tony74
SS Hall of Fame

They’re having a pretty big hit out this morning. Freezer wasn’t allowed to participate in last weeks match sim so I’ll give you more later. He definitely had a slight setback a couple of weeks ago.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote:
tony74 wrote:
jaxons wrote:This forum has really degenerated into squabbling fools of late.

This thread is about Freeman, yet 3 pages of garbage and eating our own has followed the post about Freeman breaking down or injuring his hamstring again.

We should be talking about Freeman and the footy club, yet pages and pages of utter tripe which is just a waste of both the writers and readers time.

People we all love the Saints, let's focus on the footy club, the players and winning matches, and most importantly sticking together as fellow Sainters.

It is the one thing we all have in common, let's use it as a strength, because if we can't can't do it as supporters how can you expect our players to deliver the same?
+1. FQF
Yeah thanks to you both
I Get miffed that "some/same" people think they have some kind of ownership over this bbs and actively pursue and harangue posters they dont like

Pot, kettle ,black. :roll:

saynta
Saintsational Legend

tony74 wrote:They’re having a pretty big hit out this morning. Freezer wasn’t allowed to participate in last weeks match sim so I’ll give you more later. He definitely had a slight setback a couple of weeks ago.

A slight setback hardly equates to "broken down" IMHO, with some taking the later to mean a much worse injury, a tear even.

Sorry you got embroiled in this crappy thread though.

the dome
Club Player

G o o d L u c k F r e e m a n

"He's had a really good run at it in the period leading up to Christmas and post-Christmas, so he'll now join in.
"He's in really good shape and mentally he's still really positive. I've never met someone as strong as him mentally."

Richo is up-beat & impressed with what's happening above the shoulders with Freeman. My fingers are definately crossed for the free-man getting an AFL game under his belt.
Good luck to him.

tony74
SS Hall of Fame

saynta wrote:
tony74 wrote:They’re having a pretty big hit out this morning. Freezer wasn’t allowed to participate in last weeks match sim so I’ll give you more later. He definitely had a slight setback a couple of weeks ago.

A slight setback hardly equates to "broken down" IMHO, with some taking the later to mean a much worse injury, a tear even.

Got through the match sim at Sandringham. Phew!!!

DJ Higgins
Club Player

tony74 wrote:
saynta wrote:
Who impressed you the most?

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote:When I hear the words "Broken Down" in a sporting context I think green screen + shotgun + PETA

Freeman = Besanko??
He's managed to dodge that bullet over the last four years

Seeya
saynta
Saintsational Legend

tony74 wrote:
saynta wrote:

Good to hear. :D :D :D

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend

DJ Higgins wrote:
tony74 wrote:
saynta wrote:
Was there public access to this.?

Seeya
tony74
SS Hall of Fame

sunsaint wrote:
DJ Higgins wrote:
tony74 wrote:
saynta wrote:
Probably Skunk impressed me the most. Played well and Jake was on him so that was even more impressive. As for public access you could just walk up but as the match was scheduled for Seaford and then changed to Sandy quite late it wasn’t possible to advertise. And as for the reporter talking about a calf strain for our favourite. Don’t always believe the press.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

tony74 wrote:
sunsaint wrote:
DJ Higgins wrote:
tony74 wrote:
saynta wrote:
Probably Skunk impressed me the most. Played well and Jake was on him so that was even more impressive. As for public access you could just walk up but as the match was scheduled for Seaford and then changed to Sandy quite late it wasn’t possible to advertise. And as for the reporter talking about a calf strain for our favourite. Don’t always believe the press.
Thanks for the reports mate. They are always appreciated.

From saints.com.

"After making a damaging start, Jack Billings was rested for the final two periods. Nathan Freeman and Darren Minchington were injected into the game at that stage and both made an impact across the final two periods. "

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Tone - I assume we won’t see Freezer in the AFLX gimmick games.

Well, that’s what I’d do - why play someone who is vulnerable in a 7 a side rectangular pitch game?

I’d save Freezer for the more traditional JLT games instead.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend

Careful SP touchy subject
And tony74 do you think it was 3/4 pace?

Seeya