Ben Long?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

Re: Ben Long?

This damn kid has played 4 games. He has transitioned from the NT as an indigenous kid and been on an AFL list for 1 year. I think its a great achievement he played senior footy at all and he showed enough. He is definately not out of his depth.

The negativity coming from some posters surrounding his ability and the sort of player he will turn into is ridiculous. Get a clue.

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

parkeysainter wrote:This damn kid has played 4 games. He has transitioned from the NT as an indigenous kid and been on an AFL list for 1 year. I think its a great achievement he played senior footy at all and he showed enough. He is definately not out of his depth.

The negativity coming from some posters surrounding his ability and the sort of player he will turn into is ridiculous. Get a clue.
Agree.
He only just turned 20.
Was 19 last season.
Give him a bit of time.

DJ Higgins
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:
parkeysainter wrote:This damn kid has played 4 games. He has transitioned from the NT as an indigenous kid and been on an AFL list for 1 year. I think its a great achievement he played senior footy at all and he showed enough. He is definately not out of his depth.

Agree.
He only just turned 20.
Was 19 last season.
Give him a bit of time.
And he was cooked last year . VFL season, then NT/Darwin season. then preseason (part there of) then Nab cup or whatever it is now.
I m tired just typing it. He can play, kick goals, tackle and is as hard as a catshead. Give him a chance

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

Agreed. We can all properly judge him in 2-3 years time.

I really liked the look of Long. Watched him in the Collingwood game and I thought this kid has it. Very sure the coaches are putting alot of development into him at this point. He will suprise alot of people.

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Weren’t the Bulldogs going to recruit him if we didn’t? They seem to have a recent good record of spotting young talent.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Impossible for some. :D

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:Weren’t the Bulldogs going to recruit him if we didn’t? They seem to have a recent good record of spotting young talent.
That doesn't make anything right

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote:
SaintPav wrote:Weren’t the Bulldogs going to recruit him if we didn’t? They seem to have a recent good record of spotting young talent.
Of course not and I didn't say that.

If another club or two were thinking of recruiting Ben, it was not such a terrible decision, AT THE TIME.

This has yet to play out, and no one knows what's going to happen; to pretend otherwise is arrogant and hubristic.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
magnifisaint wrote:

If another club or two were thinking of recruiting Ben, it was not such a terrible decision, AT THE TIME.

This has yet to play out, and no one knows what's going to happen; to pretend otherwise is arrogant and hubristic.
A lot of my English grammar has been learnt on this site.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
magnifisaint wrote:

I assume you're being facetious.

Where's the grammatical error/s?

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
magnifisaint wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
magnifisaint wrote:

I assume you're being facetious.

Where's the grammatical error/s?
Not at all. There are a lot of words in there that I need to look up for there correct meaning. I have an idea but sometimes I'm not sure of the context of them.