Henry Playfair

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

Henry Playfair

http://m.saints.com.au/news/2018-01-12/ ... rk-already

Nice endorsement. Playfair might end up being our no 1 recruit this off season. A few good tweaks, additions and subtractions to the game plan from a knowledgeable assistant could do the Saints wonders in 2018.

I like what I'm hearing about Playfair and he appears to be a top pickup. Wonder what his nickname is. :D

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
8bloggs
Club Player

Re: Henry Playfair

It's also interesting that Kingsley's new role is to do with overall ball movement and strategy. I feel has been a weak point for too long, particularly the transition into the forward line where there has been indecision, high bombing and not hitting targets either due to being under too much pressure or poor execution..

Vazelos
Club Player

Agreed I thought some of the Swans tactical set ups and structures are top class when I have seen them live the last two years.
Marking contests to carrying the ball through the channels with speed and possession very effective.
We have had problems with some teams in this area when we have stopped running and our half backs start kicking to contests.
I look forward to seeing his influence, we needed some new IP from the current coaches.

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

Agree that Henry looks like a great pick-up. We were sadly in need of new IP and some strong tactical input.

The Swans are a very professional outfit and Henry's knowledge should prove invaluable this year, as long as our players improve their ability to deliver with some decent and accurate kicking.