Matt young son

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Matt young son

Postby saintly » Sun 31 Dec 2017 6:07pm

saintly
Saintsational Legend

Re: Matt young son

Postby skeptic » Sun 31 Dec 2017 11:59pm

Looks like his dad doesn’t...

Loved Matty Young... was soooo good and then all of a sudden he wasn’t.

A victim of the party culture years under Timmy
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Postby Saintmatt » Tue 09 Jan 2018 4:43pm

skeptic wrote:Looks like his dad doesn’t...

Also of a body that was failing him when it really mattered. Another forgotten soul who didn't play in the 97 GF due to a back-related hammy. In - R Neil; Out M Young. There went the excellent disposal and rebound off half-back. When you think Young, Lazar, Everitt & J Smith didn't play; together with Buckets and Nicky being mentally distressed on the day ... it's kind of amazing we were in front for much of that GF. Makes me sad still. :(
Go you red, black & white warriors
Saintmatt
Club Player

Postby Dave McNamara » Tue 09 Jan 2018 11:47pm

Saintmatt wrote:

Also of a body that was failing him when it really mattered. Another forgotten soul who didn't play in the 97 GF due to a back-related hammy. In - R Neil; Out M Young. There went the excellent disposal and rebound off half-back. When you think Young, Lazar, Everitt & J Smith didn't play; together with Buckets and Nicky being mentally distressed on the day ... it's kind of amazing we were in front for much of that GF. Makes me sad still. :(

Plus when Jarman ran through Harves' illegally at the first bounce. Harves' got the free - and a broken rib. Then was unfairly criticised for not be as influential as normal - still had the most possies' of anyone on the ground despite the broken rib.

The Crones had a day out. Did not miss one single set shot. (Whereas the normally very accurate Heatley couldn't kick straight.) And in that last quarter, didn't matter where he was, Jar-bloody-man just dropped it onto his boot and through it went. :(

Simply was not meant to be our day.

And you know what?

It should not have mattered. We had a great team! And a young team! That loss should have been the kick in the guts them steeled them for an 80's Dawks run of GF appearances. But instead, for no decent reason, by half way through the next season that team had imploded. That's what really pissed me off!!! :evil:

(And when things started to get tough, certain much beloved players we're significant amongst the 'missing' - I'm looking at you Aussie Jones, and at you, Frankie Peckett.)
It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hArSps&feature=player_detailpage

Matt Finnis CEO wrote:"St Kilda is an iconic part of Melbourne which has an identifiable attitude and spirit that is really aligned with where we want to take the club. It is grounded but it is aspirational, it is eclectic, everyone belongs, and we say how do we capture that as an identity? It would be a good move on so many levels for the club."
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend

Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

Postby magnifisaint » Wed 10 Jan 2018 12:17am

Dave McNamara wrote:
Saintmatt wrote:

Plus when Jarman ran through Harves' illegally at the first bounce. Harves' got the free - and a broken rib. Then was unfairly criticised for not be as influential as normal - still had the most possies' of anyone on the ground despite the broken rib.

The Crones had a day out. Did not miss one single set shot. (Whereas the normally very accurate Heatley couldn't kick straight.) And in that last quarter, didn't matter where he was, Jar-bloody-man just dropped it onto his boot and through it went. :(

Simply was not meant to be our day.

And you know what?

It should not have mattered. We had a great team! And a young team! That loss should have been the kick in the guts them steeled them for an 80's Dawks run of GF appearances. But instead, for no decent reason, by half way through the next season that team had imploded. That's what really pissed me off!!! :evil:

(And when things started to get tough, certain much beloved players we're significant amongst the 'missing' - I'm looking at you Aussie Jones, and at you, Frankie Peckett.)

and there lies the history of St Kilda
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Postby Winmar » Thu 11 Jan 2018 11:22am

Matty Young was one of my favourite players for a while. He had an amazing ability to pass the ball. So accurate. He was very effective out at Waverley.
Winmar
Club Player

Return to Saintsational Fan Forum (open to all ages)