Matt young son

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintly
Saintsational Legend

Matt young son

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Re: Matt young son

Looks like his dad doesn’t...

Loved Matty Young... was soooo good and then all of a sudden he wasn’t.

A victim of the party culture years under Timmy

Saintmatt
SS Life Member

skeptic wrote:Looks like his dad doesn’t...

Also of a body that was failing him when it really mattered. Another forgotten soul who didn't play in the 97 GF due to a back-related hammy. In - R Neil; Out M Young. There went the excellent disposal and rebound off half-back. When you think Young, Lazar, Everitt & J Smith didn't play; together with Buckets and Nicky being mentally distressed on the day ... it's kind of amazing we were in front for much of that GF. Makes me sad still. :(

Go you red, black & white warriors
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

Saintmatt wrote:

Also of a body that was failing him when it really mattered. Another forgotten soul who didn't play in the 97 GF due to a back-related hammy. In - R Neil; Out M Young. There went the excellent disposal and rebound off half-back. When you think Young, Lazar, Everitt & J Smith didn't play; together with Buckets and Nicky being mentally distressed on the day ... it's kind of amazing we were in front for much of that GF. Makes me sad still. :(
Plus when Jarman ran through Harves' illegally at the first bounce. Harves' got the free - and a broken rib. Then was unfairly criticised for not be as influential as normal - still had the most possies' of anyone on the ground despite the broken rib.

The Crones had a day out. Did not miss one single set shot. (Whereas the normally very accurate Heatley couldn't kick straight.) And in that last quarter, didn't matter where he was, Jar-bloody-man just dropped it onto his boot and through it went. :(

Simply was not meant to be our day.

And you know what?

It should not have mattered. We had a great team! And a young team! That loss should have been the kick in the guts them steeled them for an 80's Dawks run of GF appearances. But instead, for no decent reason, by half way through the next season that team had imploded. That's what really pissed me off!!! :evil:

(And when things started to get tough, certain much beloved players we're significant amongst the 'missing' - I'm looking at you Aussie Jones, and at you, Frankie Peckett.)

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Dave McNamara wrote:
Saintmatt wrote:

Plus when Jarman ran through Harves' illegally at the first bounce. Harves' got the free - and a broken rib. Then was unfairly criticised for not be as influential as normal - still had the most possies' of anyone on the ground despite the broken rib.

The Crones had a day out. Did not miss one single set shot. (Whereas the normally very accurate Heatley couldn't kick straight.) And in that last quarter, didn't matter where he was, Jar-bloody-man just dropped it onto his boot and through it went. :(

Simply was not meant to be our day.

And you know what?

It should not have mattered. We had a great team! And a young team! That loss should have been the kick in the guts them steeled them for an 80's Dawks run of GF appearances. But instead, for no decent reason, by half way through the next season that team had imploded. That's what really pissed me off!!! :evil:

(And when things started to get tough, certain much beloved players we're significant amongst the 'missing' - I'm looking at you Aussie Jones, and at you, Frankie Peckett.)
and there lies the history of St Kilda

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Winmar
Club Player

Matty Young was one of my favourite players for a while. He had an amazing ability to pass the ball. So accurate. He was very effective out at Waverley.