Steele in a moonboot

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Re: Steele in a moonboot

Postby Drake Huggins » Fri 29 Dec 2017 1:11pm

A broken fibula putting someone out for a season? Only if it had to be removed. Would've thought a serious injury at this time of year would be news.
"Is this the right room for an argument?"
"I told you once."
"No, you didn't."
"Yes, I did."
"Listen, an argument isn't just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says, it's a series of statements designed to support a particular conclusion."
"No, it isn't."
"Oh, I've had enough of this."
"No you haven't"
"Oh shut up."
User avatar
Drake Huggins
Club Player
 
Posts: 385
Joined: Wed 04 Oct 2017 4:28pm
Location: The G.G. Huggins Stand

Re: Steele in a moonboot

Postby saintly » Fri 29 Dec 2017 1:58pm

Drake Huggins wrote:A broken fibula putting someone out for a season? Only if it had to be removed. Would've thought a serious injury at this time of year would be news.


all clubs are on holiday holidays until 8 January. probably won't hear until then if its true.
saintly
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 5134
Joined: Tue 09 Mar 2004 10:29am

Re: Steele in a moonboot

Postby St Loxton » Fri 29 Dec 2017 2:14pm

Apparently true, as mentioned on facebook.
Cooper Grech a poster here has some inside info.
Minimum 6 weeks before can resume training on it.
Unsure of the exact injury location.
User avatar
St Loxton
Club Player
 
Posts: 915
Joined: Mon 02 Feb 2009 9:50pm
Location: Jindivick

Re: Steele in a moonboot

Postby DJ Higgins » Fri 29 Dec 2017 2:59pm

St Loxton wrote:Apparently true, as mentioned on facebook.
Cooper Grech a poster here has some inside info.
Minimum 6 weeks before can resume training on it.
Unsure of the exact injury location.


can you please post story here
DJ Higgins
Club Player
 
Posts: 174
Joined: Fri 28 Oct 2016 11:59pm

Re: Steele in a moonboot

Postby St Loxton » Fri 29 Dec 2017 4:10pm

https://m.facebook.com/groups/633373266 ... 7695443753

I'm not really interweb savvy, so that link may not be right.
Shows a photo of Jack in a moonboot on Xmas day.
And some comments.
User avatar
St Loxton
Club Player
 
Posts: 915
Joined: Mon 02 Feb 2009 9:50pm
Location: Jindivick

Re: Steele in a moonboot

Postby kosifantutti » Fri 29 Dec 2017 6:55pm

St Loxton wrote:https://m.facebook.com/groups/633373266761204?view=permalink&id=1446547695443753

I'm not really interweb savvy, so that link may not be right.
Shows a photo of Jack in a moonboot on Xmas day.
And some comments.

The link doesn’t work. Can you tell us which Facebook page or group it is from.
The 2018 sponsorship is now open. viewtopic.php?f=1&t=94296
User avatar
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 5224
Joined: Fri 21 Jan 2005 9:06am
Location: Back in town

Re: Steele in a moonboot

Postby St Loxton » Fri 29 Dec 2017 7:27pm

StKilda Saints FC loyal fans page.
Posted today.
I guess i can read it and the link works because i have joined the group.
User avatar
St Loxton
Club Player
 
Posts: 915
Joined: Mon 02 Feb 2009 9:50pm
Location: Jindivick

Re: Steele in a moonboot

Postby kosifantutti » Fri 29 Dec 2017 8:07pm

Thanks St. Loxton.
The 2018 sponsorship is now open. viewtopic.php?f=1&t=94296
User avatar
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 5224
Joined: Fri 21 Jan 2005 9:06am
Location: Back in town

Re: Steele in a moonboot

Postby DJ Higgins » Fri 29 Dec 2017 10:30pm

St Loxton wrote:StKilda Saints FC loyal fans page.
Posted today.
I guess i can read it and the link works because i have joined the group.


So is it true? What doe sit say?
DJ Higgins
Club Player
 
Posts: 174
Joined: Fri 28 Oct 2016 11:59pm

Re: Steele in a moonboot

Postby St Loxton » Sat 30 Dec 2017 8:11am

It's doesn't really say too much except that it is a fibula injury, probably a small crack.
Possibly 6 weeks off running.
That's all I've got.
Slight setback obviously, i don't think it should effect his season too much. Will still be a vital soldier for us in 2018.
I'm sure all will be revealed soon.

I actually had a hairline crack of the fibular playing footy at high school age. The doc had me in plaster for a month, then could not run for another month.
That was in 1989, gee that makes me feel old.
User avatar
St Loxton
Club Player
 
Posts: 915
Joined: Mon 02 Feb 2009 9:50pm
Location: Jindivick

Re: Steele in a moonboot

Postby Wombat15 » Sun 31 Dec 2017 11:10am

Via Saints Express

Just to be clear and to put rumours at rest.

This picture was taken from Jack Steele’s girlfriends Facebook (not by us) of them celebrating Christmas with family.

There are a few rumours floating around that Jack broke his fibula and is out 6-8 weeks.
Taylah removed the picture due to it being a personal post for family and friends, and not one to create such comments as followed on other Facebook pages.

As I cannot reveal my source, the above statement is incorrect.

Jack rolled his ankle on the last session before the break.

All is good and look forward to seeing Jack and the boys round one.
Wombat15
Club Player
 
Posts: 297
Joined: Wed 21 Oct 2015 4:21pm

Re: Steele in a moonboot

Postby asiu » Sun 31 Dec 2017 12:03pm

my doc said to me

its not possible to break THAT bone
like that !

lol

yea ta
goodonya

the PAIN the PAIN

faaaaaark

the drugs were good though
.. thank you miss Morphine
Image
.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.
asiu
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 4902
Joined: Thu 08 Apr 2010 8:11pm

Re: Steele in a moonboot

Postby parkeysainter » Sun 31 Dec 2017 12:07pm

It was all BS about him missing the year then.
Bring back Phil Narkle's helmet into fashion
User avatar
parkeysainter
Club Player
 
Posts: 822
Joined: Thu 20 Jul 2017 2:59am

Re: Steele in a moonboot

Postby Spinner » Sun 31 Dec 2017 2:36pm

magnifisaint wrote:
DJ Higgins wrote:Don't feed the trolls. No news on google anywhere. Just people being dicks for the sake of it

If SMS rumour is false then he should be banned



Come off it asking for a ban. He's in a moonboot, that might have been what he heard, tested for... why is this forum obsessed with attacking people that miss on their info. Understand trolls but isn't SMS a long time poster?
User avatar
Spinner
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 7730
Joined: Sat 02 Dec 2006 3:40pm
Location: Victoria

Re: Steele in a moonboot

Postby skeptic » Sun 31 Dec 2017 2:50pm

Spinner wrote:
magnifisaint wrote:
DJ Higgins wrote:Don't feed the trolls. No news on google anywhere. Just people being dicks for the sake of it

If SMS rumour is false then he should be banned



Come off it asking for a ban. He's in a moonboot, that might have been what he heard, tested for... why is this forum obsessed with attacking people that miss on their info. Understand trolls but isn't SMS a long time poster?


Have no basis for thinking this... but Mags post came across as tongue in cheek to me
skeptic
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 8708
Joined: Wed 10 Mar 2004 7:10pm

Steele could still have a good season then ?

Postby the dome » Sun 31 Dec 2017 4:00pm

Since Jack Steele arrived @ Moorabbin (I like saying Moorabbin by the way) I could detect a surge of enthusiasm in myself. Same thing happened when I first noticed what I took for a real serious attitude on the face of a young Seb Ross. Ok it could have been wishful thinking but I couldn't remember seeing another young cub looking that determined & serious regarding the path that was stretched out before him. Jack Steele's arrival @ Moorabbin sparked a similar enthusiam surge in myself.
So i'm really hoping Jack Steele gets a good long run @ it in 2018.
Looking forward to Round 1 & the rest of the season. :)
the dome
Club Player
 
Posts: 236
Joined: Mon 20 Jul 2015 6:19pm

Re: Steele in a moonboot

Postby Spinner » Sun 31 Dec 2017 7:05pm

skeptic wrote:
Spinner wrote:
magnifisaint wrote:
DJ Higgins wrote:Don't feed the trolls. No news on google anywhere. Just people being dicks for the sake of it

If SMS rumour is false then he should be banned



Come off it asking for a ban. He's in a moonboot, that might have been what he heard, tested for... why is this forum obsessed with attacking people that miss on their info. Understand trolls but isn't SMS a long time poster?


Have no basis for thinking this... but Mags post came across as tongue in cheek to me




If so I apologise!
User avatar
Spinner
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 7730
Joined: Sat 02 Dec 2006 3:40pm
Location: Victoria

Re: Steele in a moonboot

Postby diddley » Tue 02 Jan 2018 10:02pm

St Kilda midfielder set to resume training with main group
http://m.afl.com.au/news/2018-01-02/bre ... s-the-boot

Reporting in afl.com.au that he won’t miss any training at all. Just a minor ankle injury.
diddley
Club Player
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Sat 29 Oct 2016 12:53am

Re: Steele in a moonboot

Postby saintly » Tue 02 Jan 2018 10:08pm

saintly
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 5134
Joined: Tue 09 Mar 2004 10:29am

Re: Steele in a moonboot

Postby DJ Higgins » Tue 02 Jan 2018 11:17pm

SMS wrote:Broken fibula. Out for season. Will be announced in new year.
Not good.


http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-01-02/b ... s-the-boot

So just clarifying, SMS

Broken fibula......minor left ankle injury
Out for season........ will not miss any time
Will be announced in new year.......won't be announced ever
Not Good.......That is true, any injury isn't good

:roll:
DJ Higgins
Club Player
 
Posts: 174
Joined: Fri 28 Oct 2016 11:59pm

Re: Steele in a moonboot

Postby magnifisaint » Tue 02 Jan 2018 11:23pm

Spinner wrote:
skeptic wrote:
Spinner wrote:
magnifisaint wrote:
DJ Higgins wrote:Don't feed the trolls. No news on google anywhere. Just people being dicks for the sake of it

If SMS rumour is false then he should be banned



Come off it asking for a ban. He's in a moonboot, that might have been what he heard, tested for... why is this forum obsessed with attacking people that miss on their info. Understand trolls but isn't SMS a long time poster?


Have no basis for thinking this... but Mags post came across as tongue in cheek to me




If so I apologise!

Actually I was a little pissed off at what SMS wrote because it's these type of rumours which sets the cat amongst the pidgeons. I don't like that sort of speculation because there's absolutely no transparency. I mean I could write that it's J**** H**** being investigated for sexual assault because I choose to be a s*** stirrer. Now I have no idea if it was him but I see no value in being a hero on an internet forum.
User avatar
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 5423
Joined: Sun 02 May 2004 2:52am
Location: Fiddling under my raincoat

Re: Steele in a moonboot

Postby axcellence » Wed 03 Jan 2018 6:01am

Well done to SMS. He got the truth out by a single post.

Let’s laugh together guys.... haha
axcellence
Club Player
 
Posts: 711
Joined: Sun 03 Oct 2004 8:45pm

Re: Steele in a moonboot

Postby samoht » Wed 03 Jan 2018 10:45am

He’s Steele in a moonboot?!
Have you read my latest ebook, The Fugitive Soldier?
http://www.amazon.com/The-Fugitive-Sold ... ve+Soldier
.. you can sample the first 2 chapters for free, by clicking on the above link.
User avatar
samoht
SS Life Member
 
Posts: 3934
Joined: Sun 14 Mar 2004 10:45am
Location: Victoria

Re: Steele in a moonboot

Postby skeptic » Wed 03 Jan 2018 8:12pm

My apologies to the Spinner then
skeptic
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 8708
Joined: Wed 10 Mar 2004 7:10pm

Re: Steele in a moonboot

Postby axcellence » Sun 07 Jan 2018 10:14pm

Cool... no consequences for spreading false rumours. What about the old ruse... “oh, just joking”.

Cool then. I’ll say some stuff I heard from my uncle’s nephew’s friend of a friend.

Richo’s been so pleased that he’s given a positive result to a coach’s drug test
Mav did some deep stuff with his meditation and is now catatonic
Rest of them got lost trying to find the football :P

Oh and a plugger or someone has posted on bigfooty that he knows from inside sources that Freeman has done a bad hammy and Armitage’s body is so bad that he’s done.

But hey... no consequences for spreading false stuff. And we can’t be seen as complaining, can we?
Well I am reporting SMS’s post. And I request that if you agree with SMS getting some type of penalty- then please report it as well.
axcellence
Club Player
 
Posts: 711
Joined: Sun 03 Oct 2004 8:45pm

PreviousNext

Return to Saintsational Fan Forum (open to all ages)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Otiman, skeptic and 25 guests