Dear Lethlean bashers....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Re: Dear Lethlean bashers....

Con Gorozidis wrote:
magnifisaint wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
SaintPav wrote:I thought this was Saintsaitional, not Mamamia.

Moral policing.
Agree.
Im not fussed about the morality stuff.
I am only arguing this isnt 'just a bit of shagging and political correctness gone mad' which is the Sam Newman argument.

I am just saying there is a little more to it than that.

s*** Im not having a cry about it.
And we all know Sam Newman is an idiot so why bother?
Not sure.

You seem to be the one parroting him.

So you are saying

a) the affair took place in Melbourne?

Or

b) all of SL's AFL paid Sydney trips from July 2016 to June 2017 were legitimate business?

Has to be one or the other? So put up or shut up.

You tell me seeing you are so sure and confident you know whats what.
I'm telling you for the last time I don't give a stuff what he did. I don't care! It doesn't interst me. He is the best candidate so he gets the job and helps the Saints. He can f*** whoever. Comprende?

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
DJ Higgins
Club Player

You tell me seeing you are so sure and confident you know whats what.[/quote]

Con I think Blomberg was in England from Sept 16 to Feb 17. Was SL flying to the UK via Sydney?

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/ ... d498285b15[/quote]

Con,

I have been unable to obtain a copy of SL's flight schedules for the time period in question. I.e. flights to Sydney before and after affair so an increase can be quantified. Can you please supply this for us. You must have it otherwise you are making up crap again.

As the AFL is a business and each exec will have a travel budget. As long as his job is being done and that is not exceeded then there is no problem from the AFL as a business.

derby Street
Club Player

DJ Higgins wrote:You tell me seeing you are so sure and confident you know whats what.
Con I think Blomberg was in England from Sept 16 to Feb 17. Was SL flying to the UK via Sydney?

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/ ... d498285b15[/quote]

Con,

I have been unable to obtain a copy of SL's flight schedules for the time period in question. I.e. flights to Sydney before and after affair so an increase can be quantified. Can you please supply this for us. You must have it otherwise you are making up crap again.

As the AFL is a business and each exec will have a travel budget. As long as his job is being done and that is not exceeded then there is no problem from the AFL as a business.[/quote]

Con has never been a big one on facts getting in the way of some unsubstantiated accusations. I guess after Ameet Bains left to go the WB as the CEO (???) Con felt obligated to find someone else to attack. It's a pity as Con has a lot to offer when he is not off on one of his irrational rants.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
magnifisaint wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:

Moral policing.
Agree.
I am only arguing this isnt 'just a bit of shagging and political correctness gone mad' which is the Sam Newman argument.

Not sure.

So you are saying

Or

b) all of SL's AFL paid Sydney trips from July 2016 to June 2017 were legitimate business?

I'm telling you for the last time I don't give a stuff what he did. I don't care! It doesn't interst me. He is the best candidate so he gets the job and helps the Saints. He can f*** whoever. Comprende?
Yes I understand what you are saying and I'm telling you <edited by mods>
You have absolutely no idea whether he is a good candidate or not. None. Zero. You don't seem to care that he fraudulently used work resources.
You are just stuck on this idea that his sex life doesn't affect his competence. Which is fine in theory...
Except you don't have a clue about his competence. And you are ignoring all of the other circumstances.
You are holding rigidly to one single idea.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

derby Street wrote:
DJ Higgins wrote:You tell me seeing you are so sure and confident you know whats what.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/ ... d498285b15
Con,

As the AFL is a business and each exec will have a travel budget. As long as his job is being done and that is not exceeded then there is no problem from the AFL as a business.[/quote]

Con has never been a big one on facts getting in the way of some unsubstantiated accusations. I guess after Ameet Bains left to go the WB as the CEO (???) Con felt obligated to find someone else to attack. It's a pity as Con has a lot to offer when he is not off on one of his irrational rants.[/quote]

I'm the only one providing facts.
Everyone else is providing blind hope and faith.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

The AFL is a monopoly business. A license to print money.
The idea that the people working there are great capitalists and business savvy people is utter horse s***. I reject it completely.

DJ Higgins
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:
derby Street wrote:

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/ ... d498285b15
Con,

As the AFL is a business and each exec will have a travel budget. As long as his job is being done and that is not exceeded then there is no problem from the AFL as a business.
Con has never been a big one on facts getting in the way of some unsubstantiated accusations. I guess after Ameet Bains left to go the WB as the CEO (???) Con felt obligated to find someone else to attack. It's a pity as Con has a lot to offer when he is not off on one of his irrational rants.[/quote]

I'm the only one providing facts.
Everyone else is providing blind hope and faith.[/quote]

Still waiting on those flight schedules.........
anytime now.....

saynta
Saintsational Legend

http://www.saints.com.au/news/2017-12-1 ... ays-finnis

"

St Kilda CEO Matt Finnis says the appointment of new General Manager of Football Simon Lethlean is an outstanding acquisition for the club.

With former Chief Operating Officer & Legal Counsel, Ameet Bains, hired as the Western Bulldogs’ CEO at the end of October, St Kilda conducted a thorough review of their football department over the last couple of months.

Finnis revealed Ernst & Young's Sports Advisory practice was engaged to conduct the review of the structure of the football department, before the Saints appointed the former AFL GM of Football Operations on Friday.

“We’re really pleased and excited to announce that Simon Lethlean is our new General Manager of Football,” Finnis told reporters at a press conference on Friday morning.

“It’s been a very thorough process that we’ve been through since Ameet Bains resigned and headed off to the Bulldogs.

“We took the opportunity to consider what the right structure is for our football program, not just for now but for the future.

“We approached a number of people and spoke to several candidates.

“But I’m really pleased to say that right throughout that process, Simon Lethlean demonstrated himself to be the outstanding candidate with a unique set of skills and experiences that we’re excited to bring into our footy club.

“We’re convinced this appointment will make us a lot closer to achieving our goals on and off the field.”

Finnis said Lethlean was the best man to help lead St Kilda’s football department and had taken responsibility for the actions that led him to resign from his senior role at the AFL in July.

“We understand there will be people that are interested in the why around this appointment, but we’re also really confident that Simon got this job because he is the best man for it,” Finnis said.

“There’s no doubt that we wouldn’t be having this conversation if Simon didn’t resign from the AFL six months ago in circumstances that he wouldn’t have liked.

“But ultimately, what’s convinced us is he’s taken full accountability for that and taken responsibility for his actions.

“He’s convinced us that that attitude around accountability and his commitment to making his next job a success in coming back into the industry makes him the right person to bring into our footy club.”

Lethlean will commence his role at Linen House Centre when the football department returns to training on January 8."

Fine by Finnis, fine by me.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

He might be fine.
Just don't tell me it's political correctness gone mad.
And the 'travel budget' argument is crap if he was concocting bulls*** work meetings in Sydney. Which he was.

DJ Higgins
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:He might be fine.
And the 'travel budget' argument is crap if he was concocting bulls*** work meetings in Sydney. Which he was.
no prob Con, so when you supply the flight schedules could you also include his itinerary for the various business meetings he was fabricating that would be great.
Unless of course you are making stuff up again

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
magnifisaint wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
magnifisaint wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:

Moral policing.
Agree.

Not sure.

So you are saying

Or

Yes I understand what you are saying and I'm telling you You are a moron.
You have absolutely no idea whether he is a good candidate or not. None. Zero. You don't seem to care that he fraudulently used work resources.
You are just stuck on this idea that his sex life doesn't affect his competence. Which is fine in theory...
Except you don't have a clue about his competence. And you are ignoring all of the other circumstances.
You are holding rigidly to one single idea.
Hey Con thanks for the nice words. Are you actually saying that you have more of an idea than Finnis, the board and Ernst & Young’s Sports Advisory practice about hiring the guy. I'm just wondering why they didn't ask you to join them in the process?

degruch
Saintsational Legend

I'm afraid any claim of 'political correctness gone mad' renders any further claims of insight null and void...I'm going to have to declare Con the winner of the internet by default.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Heck...

He was football manager for the whole league.

Now he is football manager for our shytpot rabble.

Lots of people cant keep it in their pants at the best of times.

This could be a massive win for us.

I really don't like the fact that the Prez has to spend more time defending the announcement than celebrating it.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Drake Huggins
Club Player

bigred wrote:Heck...

I really don't like the fact that the Prez has to spend more time defending the announcement than celebrating it.
I was just thinking the same, bigred. If it had been the filth, dopers, Hawthorn or Carlscum that appointed him, it would be wildly celebrated in the media and hailed as a compassionate and daring appointment that would allow a gun administrator to continue his brilliant career. Some of the crap on social media, especially from doper and scum supporters is typically vitriolic, mindless and hate-filled. Coming from people who support the two most corrupt clubs in the competition, I think it says a lot about the levels of hypocrisy and ignorance in society today.

"Is this the right room for an argument?"
"I told you once."
"No, you didn't."
"Yes, I did."
"Listen, an argument isn't just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says, it's a series of statements designed to support a particular conclusion."
"No, it isn't."
"Oh, I've had enough of this."
"No you haven't"
"Oh shut up."
Darth Vader
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:He might be fine.
Hey Con, unless you know something not publicly available, then we don’t know whether his Sydney trips were legit or not. You’re making an assumption, but we could just as easily assume the opposite - ie he’s having an affair so goes out of his way to keep everything squeaky clean so he doesn’t get caught. His job required him to go to Sydney so he just goes on the trips he needs to and she comes to his hotel room for a “visit”. That way he’s diddling her but not his expenses. To me this seems more likely than inventing unnecessary trips.

As to his competence, again, none of us actually know, but the club appointed him after a thorough process so hopefully they know what they’re doing. I choose to assume that is the case.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:Heck...

Plus one and then some

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

This place has gone **** mad. When Con thinks he's the voice of reason I think everyone should run for the hills

saynta
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote:This place has gone **** mad. When Con thinks he's the voice of reason I think everyone should run for the hills
Con's opinions count with you?

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:
magnifisaint wrote:This place has gone **** mad. When Con thinks he's the voice of reason I think everyone should run for the hills
Nuh

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

Are we talking about the same Simon the Likable?

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote:
saynta wrote:
Nuh
Political correctness gone mad!
Just pick the best man for the job!

You are a straight shooter maggie boy.

Nothing can ruffle you.

Just straight down the line. Get it done type of guy. A non nonsense operator. Not phased by fads or trends or the latest white noise. All bloody business!

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

We got that supposed dud Carlisle cheap, due to a stupid misdemeanor on Snowy's behalf.

Could we be about to make it two outta' two here...? :idea:

That said, go easy on Con you Saintsationalists. When I checked this site earlier this evening, there were new posts in a grand total of two threads(!) :oops: Similar story on Sunday. :oops:

Con is keep this place alive. And long may it be so. :D

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
asiu
Saintsational Legend

Dave McNamara wrote:

That said, go easy on Con you Saintsationalists. When I checked this site earlier this evening, there were new posts in a grand total of two threads(!) :oops: Similar story on Sunday. :oops:

Con is keep this place alive. And long may it be so. :D
like Plugger did ?

can he come back yet ?

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

So the upshot of this thread is that Con & Parkey don't want Lethlean cause he cheated on his wife and should be in jail? or hung drawn and quartered?

Some people might argue that he now has it worse

Meh ..... Saints for Premiers 2018!

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote:So the upshot of this thread is that Con & Parkey don't want Lethlean cause he cheated on his wife and should be in jail? or hung drawn and quartered?

Some people might argue that he now has it worse

Meh ..... Saints for Premiers 2018!
No. Thats not my argument. At all.
My argument is lets not rush to deify and lionise this bloke and make out he a a Saint who was sacrificed at the altar of 'political correctness gone mad'.

The reality is none of us are 100% sure of the full details of what went down at AFL HQ.

So lets tread cautiously.

Ive just gotten over two years of Bains worship and idolatry where supposedly he could walk on water and was the greatest administrator in sports history.
Now people are already rushing to plant this new bloke on a pedestal.

Just give it a rest already. He might be good. He will be probably be average. He might be s***.

Lets just wait and see.

I am just sick and tired of hearing how great all these blokes are supposed to be. Its great to be loyal to the club and have hope in the future. But sheesh.

It's an 18 team comp. 8 teams players finals every single year. We havent even made the top 8 since 2011.

So we are well below average in recent times.

So lets just chill out and see what happens next.
Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Fri 22 Dec 2017 8:44am, edited 2 times in total.