Dear Lethlean bashers....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Re: Dear Lethlean bashers....

Postby magnifisaint » Tue 19 Dec 2017 1:08am

Con Gorozidis wrote:
magnifisaint wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
SaintPav wrote:I thought this was Saintsaitional, not Mamamia.

Moral policing.


Agree.
Im not fussed about the morality stuff.
I am only arguing this isnt 'just a bit of shagging and political correctness gone mad' which is the Sam Newman argument.

I am just saying there is a little more to it than that.

s*** Im not having a cry about it.

And we all know Sam Newman is an idiot so why bother?


Not sure.

You seem to be the one parroting him.

So you are saying

a) the affair took place in Melbourne?

Or

b) all of SL's AFL paid Sydney trips from July 2016 to June 2017 were legitimate business?


Has to be one or the other? So put up or shut up.

You tell me seeing you are so sure and confident you know whats what.

I'm telling you for the last time I don't give a stuff what he did. I don't care! It doesn't interst me. He is the best candidate so he gets the job and helps the Saints. He can f*** whoever. Comprende?
User avatar
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 5423
Joined: Sun 02 May 2004 2:52am
Location: Fiddling under my raincoat

Re: Dear Lethlean bashers....

Postby DJ Higgins » Tue 19 Dec 2017 8:57am

You tell me seeing you are so sure and confident you know whats what.[/quote]

Con I think Blomberg was in England from Sept 16 to Feb 17. Was SL flying to the UK via Sydney?

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/ ... d498285b15[/quote]

Con,

I have been unable to obtain a copy of SL's flight schedules for the time period in question. I.e. flights to Sydney before and after affair so an increase can be quantified. Can you please supply this for us. You must have it otherwise you are making up crap again.

As the AFL is a business and each exec will have a travel budget. As long as his job is being done and that is not exceeded then there is no problem from the AFL as a business.
DJ Higgins
Club Player
 
Posts: 174
Joined: Fri 28 Oct 2016 11:59pm

Re: Dear Lethlean bashers....

Postby derby Street » Tue 19 Dec 2017 9:30am

DJ Higgins wrote:You tell me seeing you are so sure and confident you know whats what.


Con I think Blomberg was in England from Sept 16 to Feb 17. Was SL flying to the UK via Sydney?

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/ ... d498285b15[/quote]

Con,

I have been unable to obtain a copy of SL's flight schedules for the time period in question. I.e. flights to Sydney before and after affair so an increase can be quantified. Can you please supply this for us. You must have it otherwise you are making up crap again.

As the AFL is a business and each exec will have a travel budget. As long as his job is being done and that is not exceeded then there is no problem from the AFL as a business.[/quote]

Con has never been a big one on facts getting in the way of some unsubstantiated accusations. I guess after Ameet Bains left to go the WB as the CEO (???) Con felt obligated to find someone else to attack. It's a pity as Con has a lot to offer when he is not off on one of his irrational rants.
derby Street
Club Player
 
Posts: 684
Joined: Sun 27 Apr 2008 12:29am
Location: Adelaide

Re: Dear Lethlean bashers....

Postby Con Gorozidis » Tue 19 Dec 2017 10:06am

magnifisaint wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
magnifisaint wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
SaintPav wrote:I thought this was Saintsaitional, not Mamamia.

Moral policing.


Agree.
Im not fussed about the morality stuff.
I am only arguing this isnt 'just a bit of shagging and political correctness gone mad' which is the Sam Newman argument.

I am just saying there is a little more to it than that.

s*** Im not having a cry about it.

And we all know Sam Newman is an idiot so why bother?


Not sure.

You seem to be the one parroting him.

So you are saying

a) the affair took place in Melbourne?

Or

b) all of SL's AFL paid Sydney trips from July 2016 to June 2017 were legitimate business?


Has to be one or the other? So put up or shut up.

You tell me seeing you are so sure and confident you know whats what.

I'm telling you for the last time I don't give a stuff what he did. I don't care! It doesn't interst me. He is the best candidate so he gets the job and helps the Saints. He can f*** whoever. Comprende?


Yes I understand what you are saying and I'm telling you <edited by mods>
You have absolutely no idea whether he is a good candidate or not. None. Zero. You don't seem to care that he fraudulently used work resources.
You are just stuck on this idea that his sex life doesn't affect his competence. Which is fine in theory...
Except you don't have a clue about his competence. And you are ignoring all of the other circumstances.
You are holding rigidly to one single idea.
User avatar
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 22732
Joined: Thu 19 Jun 2008 4:04pm

Re: Dear Lethlean bashers....

Postby Con Gorozidis » Tue 19 Dec 2017 10:08am

derby Street wrote:
DJ Higgins wrote:You tell me seeing you are so sure and confident you know whats what.


Con I think Blomberg was in England from Sept 16 to Feb 17. Was SL flying to the UK via Sydney?

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/ ... d498285b15


Con,

I have been unable to obtain a copy of SL's flight schedules for the time period in question. I.e. flights to Sydney before and after affair so an increase can be quantified. Can you please supply this for us. You must have it otherwise you are making up crap again.

As the AFL is a business and each exec will have a travel budget. As long as his job is being done and that is not exceeded then there is no problem from the AFL as a business.[/quote]

Con has never been a big one on facts getting in the way of some unsubstantiated accusations. I guess after Ameet Bains left to go the WB as the CEO (???) Con felt obligated to find someone else to attack. It's a pity as Con has a lot to offer when he is not off on one of his irrational rants.[/quote]

I'm the only one providing facts.
Everyone else is providing blind hope and faith.
User avatar
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 22732
Joined: Thu 19 Jun 2008 4:04pm

Re: Dear Lethlean bashers....

Postby Con Gorozidis » Tue 19 Dec 2017 10:11am

The AFL is a monopoly business. A license to print money.
The idea that the people working there are great capitalists and business savvy people is utter horse s***. I reject it completely.
User avatar
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 22732
Joined: Thu 19 Jun 2008 4:04pm

Re: Dear Lethlean bashers....

Postby DJ Higgins » Tue 19 Dec 2017 10:14am

Con Gorozidis wrote:
derby Street wrote:
DJ Higgins wrote:You tell me seeing you are so sure and confident you know whats what.


Con I think Blomberg was in England from Sept 16 to Feb 17. Was SL flying to the UK via Sydney?

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/ ... d498285b15


Con,

I have been unable to obtain a copy of SL's flight schedules for the time period in question. I.e. flights to Sydney before and after affair so an increase can be quantified. Can you please supply this for us. You must have it otherwise you are making up crap again.

As the AFL is a business and each exec will have a travel budget. As long as his job is being done and that is not exceeded then there is no problem from the AFL as a business.


Con has never been a big one on facts getting in the way of some unsubstantiated accusations. I guess after Ameet Bains left to go the WB as the CEO (???) Con felt obligated to find someone else to attack. It's a pity as Con has a lot to offer when he is not off on one of his irrational rants.[/quote]

I'm the only one providing facts.
Everyone else is providing blind hope and faith.[/quote]

Still waiting on those flight schedules.........
anytime now.....
DJ Higgins
Club Player
 
Posts: 174
Joined: Fri 28 Oct 2016 11:59pm

Re: Dear Lethlean bashers....

Postby saynta » Tue 19 Dec 2017 10:16am

http://www.saints.com.au/news/2017-12-1 ... ays-finnis


"

St Kilda CEO Matt Finnis says the appointment of new General Manager of Football Simon Lethlean is an outstanding acquisition for the club.

With former Chief Operating Officer & Legal Counsel, Ameet Bains, hired as the Western Bulldogs’ CEO at the end of October, St Kilda conducted a thorough review of their football department over the last couple of months.

Finnis revealed Ernst & Young's Sports Advisory practice was engaged to conduct the review of the structure of the football department, before the Saints appointed the former AFL GM of Football Operations on Friday.

“We’re really pleased and excited to announce that Simon Lethlean is our new General Manager of Football,” Finnis told reporters at a press conference on Friday morning.

“It’s been a very thorough process that we’ve been through since Ameet Bains resigned and headed off to the Bulldogs.

“We took the opportunity to consider what the right structure is for our football program, not just for now but for the future.

“We approached a number of people and spoke to several candidates.

“But I’m really pleased to say that right throughout that process, Simon Lethlean demonstrated himself to be the outstanding candidate with a unique set of skills and experiences that we’re excited to bring into our footy club.

“We’re convinced this appointment will make us a lot closer to achieving our goals on and off the field.”

Finnis said Lethlean was the best man to help lead St Kilda’s football department and had taken responsibility for the actions that led him to resign from his senior role at the AFL in July.

“We understand there will be people that are interested in the why around this appointment, but we’re also really confident that Simon got this job because he is the best man for it,” Finnis said.

“There’s no doubt that we wouldn’t be having this conversation if Simon didn’t resign from the AFL six months ago in circumstances that he wouldn’t have liked.

“But ultimately, what’s convinced us is he’s taken full accountability for that and taken responsibility for his actions.

“He’s convinced us that that attitude around accountability and his commitment to making his next job a success in coming back into the industry makes him the right person to bring into our footy club.”

Lethlean will commence his role at Linen House Centre when the football department returns to training on January 8."


Fine by Finnis, fine by me.
saynta
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 5093
Joined: Wed 10 Mar 2004 3:53pm

Re: Dear Lethlean bashers....

Postby Con Gorozidis » Tue 19 Dec 2017 11:06am

He might be fine.
Just don't tell me it's political correctness gone mad.
And the 'travel budget' argument is crap if he was concocting bulls*** work meetings in Sydney. Which he was.
User avatar
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 22732
Joined: Thu 19 Jun 2008 4:04pm

Re: Dear Lethlean bashers....

Postby DJ Higgins » Tue 19 Dec 2017 11:24am

Con Gorozidis wrote:He might be fine.
Just don't tell me it's political correctness gone mad.
And the 'travel budget' argument is crap if he was concocting bulls*** work meetings in Sydney. Which he was.


no prob Con, so when you supply the flight schedules could you also include his itinerary for the various business meetings he was fabricating that would be great.
Unless of course you are making stuff up again
DJ Higgins
Club Player
 
Posts: 174
Joined: Fri 28 Oct 2016 11:59pm

Re: Dear Lethlean bashers....

Postby magnifisaint » Tue 19 Dec 2017 11:59am

Con Gorozidis wrote:
magnifisaint wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
magnifisaint wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
SaintPav wrote:I thought this was Saintsaitional, not Mamamia.

Moral policing.


Agree.
Im not fussed about the morality stuff.
I am only arguing this isnt 'just a bit of shagging and political correctness gone mad' which is the Sam Newman argument.

I am just saying there is a little more to it than that.

s*** Im not having a cry about it.

And we all know Sam Newman is an idiot so why bother?


Not sure.

You seem to be the one parroting him.

So you are saying

a) the affair took place in Melbourne?

Or

b) all of SL's AFL paid Sydney trips from July 2016 to June 2017 were legitimate business?


Has to be one or the other? So put up or shut up.

You tell me seeing you are so sure and confident you know whats what.

I'm telling you for the last time I don't give a stuff what he did. I don't care! It doesn't interst me. He is the best candidate so he gets the job and helps the Saints. He can f*** whoever. Comprende?


Yes I understand what you are saying and I'm telling you You are a moron.
You have absolutely no idea whether he is a good candidate or not. None. Zero. You don't seem to care that he fraudulently used work resources.
You are just stuck on this idea that his sex life doesn't affect his competence. Which is fine in theory...
Except you don't have a clue about his competence. And you are ignoring all of the other circumstances.
You are holding rigidly to one single idea.

Hey Con thanks for the nice words. Are you actually saying that you have more of an idea than Finnis, the board and Ernst & Young’s Sports Advisory practice about hiring the guy. I'm just wondering why they didn't ask you to join them in the process?
User avatar
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 5423
Joined: Sun 02 May 2004 2:52am
Location: Fiddling under my raincoat

Re: Dear Lethlean bashers....

Postby degruch » Tue 19 Dec 2017 12:12pm

I'm afraid any claim of 'political correctness gone mad' renders any further claims of insight null and void...I'm going to have to declare Con the winner of the internet by default.
SaintPav wrote:It's a cliche now piss off you snot nose ignoramus.
User avatar
degruch
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 7723
Joined: Mon 19 May 2008 4:29pm
Location: Croydonia

Re: Dear Lethlean bashers....

Postby bigred » Tue 19 Dec 2017 1:12pm

Heck...

He was football manager for the whole league.

Now he is football manager for our shytpot rabble.

Lots of people cant keep it in their pants at the best of times.

This could be a massive win for us.

I really don't like the fact that the Prez has to spend more time defending the announcement than celebrating it.
"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
User avatar
bigred
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 9330
Joined: Tue 09 Mar 2004 7:39am

Re: Dear Lethlean bashers....

Postby Drake Huggins » Tue 19 Dec 2017 1:22pm

bigred wrote:Heck...

He was football manager for the whole league.

Now he is football manager for our shytpot rabble.

Lots of people cant keep it in their pants at the best of times.

This could be a massive win for us.

I really don't like the fact that the Prez has to spend more time defending the announcement than celebrating it.


I was just thinking the same, bigred. If it had been the filth, dopers, Hawthorn or Carlscum that appointed him, it would be wildly celebrated in the media and hailed as a compassionate and daring appointment that would allow a gun administrator to continue his brilliant career. Some of the crap on social media, especially from doper and scum supporters is typically vitriolic, mindless and hate-filled. Coming from people who support the two most corrupt clubs in the competition, I think it says a lot about the levels of hypocrisy and ignorance in society today.
"Is this the right room for an argument?"
"I told you once."
"No, you didn't."
"Yes, I did."
"Listen, an argument isn't just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says, it's a series of statements designed to support a particular conclusion."
"No, it isn't."
"Oh, I've had enough of this."
"No you haven't"
"Oh shut up."
User avatar
Drake Huggins
Club Player
 
Posts: 385
Joined: Wed 04 Oct 2017 4:28pm
Location: The G.G. Huggins Stand

Re: Dear Lethlean bashers....

Postby Darth Vader » Tue 19 Dec 2017 2:14pm

Con Gorozidis wrote:He might be fine.
Just don't tell me it's political correctness gone mad.
And the 'travel budget' argument is crap if he was concocting bulls*** work meetings in Sydney. Which he was.

Hey Con, unless you know something not publicly available, then we don’t know whether his Sydney trips were legit or not. You’re making an assumption, but we could just as easily assume the opposite - ie he’s having an affair so goes out of his way to keep everything squeaky clean so he doesn’t get caught. His job required him to go to Sydney so he just goes on the trips he needs to and she comes to his hotel room for a “visit”. That way he’s diddling her but not his expenses. To me this seems more likely than inventing unnecessary trips.

As to his competence, again, none of us actually know, but the club appointed him after a thorough process so hopefully they know what they’re doing. I choose to assume that is the case.
Darth Vader
Club Player
 
Posts: 361
Joined: Thu 15 Sep 2011 11:04pm

Re: Dear Lethlean bashers....

Postby saynta » Tue 19 Dec 2017 2:27pm

bigred wrote:Heck...

He was football manager for the whole league.

Now he is football manager for our shytpot rabble.

Lots of people cant keep it in their pants at the best of times.

This could be a massive win for us.

I really don't like the fact that the Prez has to spend more time defending the announcement than celebrating it.
Plus one and then some
saynta
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 5093
Joined: Wed 10 Mar 2004 3:53pm

Re: Dear Lethlean bashers....

Postby magnifisaint » Tue 19 Dec 2017 4:59pm

This place has gone **** mad. When Con thinks he's the voice of reason I think everyone should run for the hills
User avatar
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 5423
Joined: Sun 02 May 2004 2:52am
Location: Fiddling under my raincoat

Re: Dear Lethlean bashers....

Postby saynta » Tue 19 Dec 2017 5:03pm

magnifisaint wrote:This place has gone **** mad. When Con thinks he's the voice of reason I think everyone should run for the hills


Con's opinions count with you?
saynta
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 5093
Joined: Wed 10 Mar 2004 3:53pm

Re: Dear Lethlean bashers....

Postby magnifisaint » Tue 19 Dec 2017 5:38pm

saynta wrote:
magnifisaint wrote:This place has gone **** mad. When Con thinks he's the voice of reason I think everyone should run for the hills


Con's opinions count with you?

Nuh
User avatar
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 5423
Joined: Sun 02 May 2004 2:52am
Location: Fiddling under my raincoat

Re: Dear Lethlean bashers....

Postby Jacks Back » Wed 20 Dec 2017 10:39pm

Are we talking about the same Simon the Likable?

Image
As president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”
Jacks Back
SS Life Member
 
Posts: 3901
Joined: Sat 11 Jun 2011 4:52pm
Location: Here

Re: Dear Lethlean bashers....

Postby Con Gorozidis » Wed 20 Dec 2017 10:56pm

magnifisaint wrote:
saynta wrote:
magnifisaint wrote:This place has gone **** mad. When Con thinks he's the voice of reason I think everyone should run for the hills


Con's opinions count with you?

Nuh


Political correctness gone mad!
Just pick the best man for the job!

You are a straight shooter maggie boy.

Nothing can ruffle you.

Just straight down the line. Get it done type of guy. A non nonsense operator. Not phased by fads or trends or the latest white noise. All bloody business!
User avatar
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 22732
Joined: Thu 19 Jun 2008 4:04pm

Re: Dear Lethlean bashers....

Postby Dave McNamara » Thu 21 Dec 2017 12:14am

We got that supposed dud Carlisle cheap, due to a stupid misdemeanor on Snowy's behalf.

Could we be about to make it two outta' two here...? :idea:




That said, go easy on Con you Saintsationalists. When I checked this site earlier this evening, there were new posts in a grand total of two threads(!) :oops: Similar story on Sunday. :oops:

Con is keep this place alive. And long may it be so. :D
It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hArSps&feature=player_detailpage

Matt Finnis CEO wrote:"St Kilda is an iconic part of Melbourne which has an identifiable attitude and spirit that is really aligned with where we want to take the club. It is grounded but it is aspirational, it is eclectic, everyone belongs, and we say how do we capture that as an identity? It would be a good move on so many levels for the club."
User avatar
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 5263
Joined: Wed 21 Sep 2011 2:44pm
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

Re: Dear Lethlean bashers....

Postby asiu » Thu 21 Dec 2017 1:01am

Dave McNamara wrote:



That said, go easy on Con you Saintsationalists. When I checked this site earlier this evening, there were new posts in a grand total of two threads(!) :oops: Similar story on Sunday. :oops:

Con is keep this place alive. And long may it be so. :D


like Plugger did ?

can he come back yet ?
Image
.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.
asiu
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 4902
Joined: Thu 08 Apr 2010 8:11pm

Re: Dear Lethlean bashers....

Postby Devilhead » Thu 21 Dec 2017 6:03pm

So the upshot of this thread is that Con & Parkey don't want Lethlean cause he cheated on his wife and should be in jail? or hung drawn and quartered?

Some people might argue that he now has it worse

Meh ..... Saints for Premiers 2018!
The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
User avatar
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 4548
Joined: Mon 08 Mar 2004 11:56pm

Re: Dear Lethlean bashers....

Postby Con Gorozidis » Thu 21 Dec 2017 10:36pm

Devilhead wrote:So the upshot of this thread is that Con & Parkey don't want Lethlean cause he cheated on his wife and should be in jail? or hung drawn and quartered?

Some people might argue that he now has it worse

Meh ..... Saints for Premiers 2018!


No. Thats not my argument. At all.
My argument is lets not rush to deify and lionise this bloke and make out he a a Saint who was sacrificed at the altar of 'political correctness gone mad'.

The reality is none of us are 100% sure of the full details of what went down at AFL HQ.

So lets tread cautiously.

Ive just gotten over two years of Bains worship and idolatry where supposedly he could walk on water and was the greatest administrator in sports history.
Now people are already rushing to plant this new bloke on a pedestal.

Just give it a rest already. He might be good. He will be probably be average. He might be s***.

Lets just wait and see.

I am just sick and tired of hearing how great all these blokes are supposed to be. Its great to be loyal to the club and have hope in the future. But sheesh.

It's an 18 team comp. 8 teams players finals every single year. We havent even made the top 8 since 2011.

So we are well below average in recent times.

So lets just chill out and see what happens next.
Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Fri 22 Dec 2017 8:44am, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 22732
Joined: Thu 19 Jun 2008 4:04pm

PreviousNext

Return to Saintsational Fan Forum (open to all ages)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BackFromUSA, Bing [Bot], Otiman and 25 guests