Lethlean going to Saints?!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Re: Lethlean going to Saints?!

Con Gorozidis wrote:
Linton Lodger wrote:
iwantmeseats wrote:This is just part of the reason, or symbolic of it, that we are such a piss ant club with such a shockingly poor history.
Personally, I would have NEVER entertained the thought of employing this grub. How can you trust him ??
He is a low life, aint no changing that,
Very disappointed in St.Kilda.
But you get used to that.
What on earth?

If Lethlean had not fallen on his sword, the AFL would have had real problems sacking him, because they had no lawful/reasonable reason to do so!

The AFL would have been reamed in Unfair Dismissal or Breach of Contract proceedings. He had an affair, that does not make him a grub or a predator.

It is a private matter between Lethlean, his wife and the woman with whom he had the affair.

The suggestion that he deserved the sack and should never be employed is a disgrace.
How do you know?
For all we know he was using the company credit card to book flights and hotels so he could have the affair.
May very well have been work related.

Fair streatch there Con. Where is your evidence for such a statement.

Your posts re fraud are defamatory and would be actionable by Lethlean.
Last edited by saynta on Sun 17 Dec 2017 10:02am, edited 1 time in total.

HitTheBoundary
SS Hall of Fame

saynta wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
Linton Lodger wrote:
iwantmeseats wrote:This is just part of the reason, or symbolic of it, that we are such a piss ant club with such a shockingly poor history.
Personally, I would have NEVER entertained the thought of employing this grub. How can you trust him ??
What on earth?

If Lethlean had not fallen on his sword, the AFL would have had real problems sacking him, because they had no lawful/reasonable reason to do so!

The AFL would have been reamed in Unfair Dismissal or Breach of Contract proceedings. He had an affair, that does not make him a grub or a predator.

It is a private matter between Lethlean, his wife and the woman with whom he had the affair.

The suggestion that he deserved the sack and should never be employed is a disgrace.
How do you know?
For all we know he was using the company credit card to book flights and hotels so he could have the affair.

Con uses emotion not evidence. Facts are over rated.

I'm starting to wonder if he gets commission per post from the admins to keep this site ticking....

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Get behind him. He's with us now

saynta
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote:
WellardSaint wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
Trev from the Bush wrote:
mightysainters wrote:FROM plenty of insiders is he was a disgrace... another aunts decision... sigh
1 Step forward and now 2 back
Do you work for the ABC? "Plenty of insiders say" - name just one. Please. Or stop your rumour-mongering.
What if Gil said something like ...

GM: ...."Look mate - youve stuffed up. For optics and PR sake you have to fall on your sword....

...Pay back the money you used on hotels and flights - resign - and ill keep the details private and get you a job in clubland in 6 months when this all dies down..."

SL: Ok. Thanks I apologise and I wont let you down again.
What sort of message does this send to our AFLW team, and all the ladies connected with the club?
St K has to be seen to be promoting and empowering women.
This is as bad as appointing H Weinstein as our Media Manager.

Bad form bad form.
Staff have to be ABOVE reproach and squeaky clean.
tripe
plus 1

saynta
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:
True Believer wrote:
WellardSaint wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
Trev from the Bush wrote:
mightysainters wrote:FROM plenty of insiders is he was a disgrace... another aunts decision... sigh
1 Step forward and now 2 back
Do you work for the ABC? "Plenty of insiders say" - name just one. Please. Or stop your rumour-mongering.
What if Gil said something like ...

GM: ...."Look mate - youve stuffed up. For optics and PR sake you have to fall on your sword....

...Pay back the money you used on hotels and flights - resign - and ill keep the details private and get you a job in clubland in 6 months when this all dies down..."

SL: Ok. Thanks I apologise and I wont let you down again.
What sort of message does this send to our AFLW team, and all the ladies connected with the club?
St K has to be seen to be promoting and empowering women.
This is as bad as appointing H Weinstein as our Media Manager.

Bad form bad form.
Staff have to be ABOVE reproach and squeaky clean.
Bollocks.

Why does everything have to be about "empowering women" these days? What the hell does "empowering" them even mean? Most overused marketing tripe in recent times......
I think empowering women means let them be on top :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:D :wink:

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

HitTheBoundary wrote:
saynta wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
Linton Lodger wrote:
What on earth?

How do you know?

I'm starting to wonder if he gets commission per post from the admins to keep this site ticking....
Utter crap.
Im the site fact checker.
Im the only one one here who uses or bothers to check facts.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
HitTheBoundary wrote:
saynta wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
Linton Lodger wrote:
What on earth?

How do you know?

Utter crap.
Where would this site be without you!

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Con Gorozidis wrote:
HitTheBoundary wrote:
saynta wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
Linton Lodger wrote:
What on earth?

How do you know?

Utter crap.
I may not agree with u sometimes,
but geezus you run rings around some of the numpties on here.
I like reading your stuff (usually!)

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
HitTheBoundary wrote:
saynta wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
Linton Lodger wrote:
What on earth?

How do you know?

Utter crap.
How do you know? Everyone else is wrong and don't check facts?
Just call yourself a contrarian, but don't confuse that with facts.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:[
What do you mean by 'everyone else is wrong'? What is 'everyone else' thinking or saying? You seem to claim to know?

Im not a contrarian at all.

I just bother to check facts and dont always automatically just swallow every club press release as a pollyanna.

Facts
1. Maddi was given a rapid promotion to a Sydney based job.
2. The relationship was mainly occurring in Sydney and SL was making very frequent 'work trips' up to Sydney including flight and hotels - paid for by the AFL.

What exactly are you disputing or arguing about? Fact 1 or Fact 2?

And how do you claim you know what 'everyone else' thinks???? Your words.

I am certainly not claiming I am contradicting anything. I am contradicting maybe 5 posters on here who seem to think everything the club does is brilliant.
5 posters on SS is not 'everyone else'.
Plenty of people and neutrals agree with me. So I am not contrarian at all.

HarryM
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:There is also the issue of how he treats staff in general.
By all reports is an A Grade asshole who thinks his s*** doesnt stink.

Have heard that Finnis is identical, they should get on like a house on fire.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote: How do you know? Everyone else is wrong and don't check facts?
OK Lethlean is a great bloke. Great operator.

The only reason he was sacked from his AFL job was because of 'political correctness gone mad' and the feminist mafia and caro.

Is that what you want to hear? Does that fit your world view?

Sure looks that way.

Sounds like you dont want to know the actual facts or broader circumstances because it spoils your little political view.

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

Con Gorozidis wrote: 2. The relationship was mainly occurring in Sydney and SL was making very frequent 'work trips' up to Sydney including flight and hotels - paid for by the AFL.
Well seeing as there has been absolutely zero reports or claims of impropriety in work expenses or travel justification, I think the onus is on you to provide any scrap of evidence whatsoever to support your inference that any of those trips to Sydney were without justification or inappropriate!

Funny isn't it, a guy and a girl that work together decide to have a roll in the hay, and he's the villain and she's the poor put upon victim........despite knowingly having an affair with a married man!!

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Yawn.
All the old blokes think this about gender politics and SL is a victim of 'political correctness gone mad'.

There is absolutely every indication that he abused his role and abused the expenses priveleges available to him to conduct this affair.
Also very iffy about Maddi's rapid rise in the organisation.
Also absolutely nobody has cast her as a victim.
But the perception of favouritism inside an organisation is very damaging and unprofessional.
Nothing to do with political correctness.
Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Sun 17 Dec 2017 7:12pm, edited 2 times in total.

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

Sorry, but Lethlean was "hugely" selfish in what he got up to. Ditto Gary Lyon. Again, their kids and wife are innocent victims from these idiots stupidity. It will hang around their kids and wives forever (given the public profiles) as there is this thing called the internet these days. The kids will have to deal with it and they never asked for it, just like Billy Brownless' kids. Its bulls***.

If you want to cheat and screw younger chicks in the office then get a divorce and move on. Maybe find some morals afterwards also. Lethlean is not a good look for the club. Its got nothing to do with PC and gender issues.

Oh well, as long Lethlean helps get the Saints that elusive flag, improves the bottom dollar and makes the club become more a part of the AFL boys club...then welcome aboard you corporate tosspot I guess for some. Anything goes for the Premiership Cup!!

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
magnifisaint wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:[
What do you mean by 'everyone else is wrong'? What is 'everyone else' thinking or saying? You seem to claim to know?

Im not a contrarian at all.

I just bother to check facts and dont always automatically just swallow every club press release as a pollyanna.

Facts
1. Maddi was given a rapid promotion to a Sydney based job.
2. The relationship was mainly occurring in Sydney and SL was making very frequent 'work trips' up to Sydney including flight and hotels - paid for by the AFL.

What exactly are you disputing or arguing about? Fact 1 or Fact 2?

And how do you claim you know what 'everyone else' thinks???? Your words.

I am certainly not claiming I am contradicting anything. I am contradicting maybe 5 posters on here who seem to think everything the club does is brilliant.
5 posters on SS is not 'everyone else'.
Plenty of people and neutrals agree with me. So I am not contrarian at all.
Con Gorozidis wrote:
HitTheBoundary wrote:
saynta wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
Linton Lodger wrote:
What on earth?

How do you know?

Utter crap.
Your the only one that check facts so everyone else must be wrong

Honestly what you wrote above is the biggest load of horseshit I've read on this site. What are you smoking?

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote:

Honestly what you wrote above is the biggest load of horseshit I've read on this site. What are you smoking?
Not 'everyone else'. About 5 people on here who just say YIPEEE to every club media release.

If the club shat on a dinner plate and told them it was chocolate mouse they would say it was a michelin hat quality dessert.

How exactly is it horse s***? You cant make an argument - you just try and shout me down.

Specifically which fact do you dispute?

1. That Maddi was rapidly promoted to a Sydney based position (a fact).
2. That SL pursued the affair in Sydney by taking regular 'work trips' to Sydney.

Which bit - exactly -is horse s***?

You tell me.

Stop abusing me and start addressing the facts.

Even if you think im talking s*** is it really the 'biggest load of horse s***' you have read on this site?
Dont think you are exaggerating a little?

I am hardly saying anything that outrageous. Seems pretty tame actually.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
magnifisaint wrote:

Not 'everyone else'. About 5 people on here who just say YIPEEE to every club media release.

If the club shat on a dinner plate and told them it was chocolate mouse they would say it was a michelin hat quality dessert.

How exactly is it horse s***? You cant make an argument - you just try and shout me down.

Specifically which fact do you dispute?

1. That Maddi was rapidly promoted to a Sydney based position (a fact).
2. That SL pursued the affair in Sydney by taking regular 'work trips' to Sydney.

Which bit - exactly -is horse s***?

You tell me.

Stop abusing me and start addressing the facts.

Even if you think im talking s*** is it really the 'biggest load of horse s***' you have read on this site?
Dont think you are exaggerating a little?

I am hardly saying anything that outrageous. Seems pretty tame actually.
Can you provide a source for your 2 facts please Con.

My understanding is that Maddi was an Auskick staffer and that SL took regular trips to every city where AFL is played.

I am also confused about how regularly he travelled to Sydney and just how long the affair went on. I am assuming you have checked facts on that which I cant seem to find any disclosed information on.

From my understanding the fling went public (raised the suspicion of other female staff at the AFL) for less than a month in 2 time periods with a 5 month break in between.

I also thought that the fling dissolved before SL got hIs promotion. Can you provide links to your fact checking. Your interpretation is very interesting.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

[quote="Con Gorozidis"]Yawn.
All the old blokes think this about gender politics and SL is a victim of 'political correctness gone mad'.

There is absolutely every indication that he abused his role and abused the expenses priveleges available to him to conduct this affair.
Also very iffy about Maddi's rapid rise in the organisation.
Also absolutely nobody has cast her as a victim.
But the perception of favouritism inside an organisation is very damaging and unprofessional.
Nothing to do with political

Con you might be right. I dont know. But you talk facts in very minor ambiguous points and then embellish them with your personal vitriol and distrust. The two dont blend very well. I find your posts interesting but also confusing at times.

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
HitTheBoundary wrote:
saynta wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
Linton Lodger wrote:
What on earth?

How do you know?

Utter crap.
Nahhh, you are so far under his desk you can't breathe.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
satchmo
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
HitTheBoundary wrote:
saynta wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
Linton Lodger wrote:
What on earth?

How do you know?

Utter crap.
Nahhh, you are so far under his desk you can't breathe.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Worth reading twice.

Priceless!

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
asiu
Saintsational Legend

*Allegedly.

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

samuraisaint wrote:Judge him on the job he does for our club. Our success depends on his.

Every person deserves a chance at redemption.

He just needs to come to work each day and do his job as well as he can. He also needs to prove himself as we don't have the resources of the almighty AFL.
Agree with you samuraisaint 110%! Let’s just give the guy a chance to get on with his job at the Saints. I’m amazed at the outrage directed toward this guy and contrast it with the unquestioning support for Milne from SO many on this forum. But then, Milney was “ our “ guy :roll:

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
degruch
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:Well apparently we were his 5th choice.
HQ offered him to 4 clubs before us - they all said No.
The Saints of course said Yes.
He knocked the Bulldogs back
I did LOL when I read that little gem...absolutely untouchable for a brace of clubs, but still passes on the Doggies! :lol: