JetStar flights to Perth

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Winmar7
Club Player

JetStar flights to Perth

I'm planning a Perth trip next year (Freo game) - and JetStar are having a sale $115 one way - is this a good price? Never been to Perth before...

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

Re: JetStar flights to Perth

115 is a total bargain to fly to Perth.

Perth isn't a great city though. Its like an expsensive uncultured Wild West of Aussie cities. The joint is in more trouble than the early settlers.

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
barwon saint
Club Player

My brother lives in perth i have been over a dozen times.A huge Saints supporter group over there.
Contact the club and tell them you are going you will most likely get into the rooms.
In all my visits to my family ( all saints supporters ) i have found Perth to be a great city and the new stadium is awesome.
If you have time shoot down to Margaret River or if not take a ferry over to Rottnest Island.
You will love the place.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Very cheap. I assume it is the overnight red eye....
New stadium.
Should be brilliant.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Very cheap. I assume it is the overnight red eye....
New stadium.
Should be brilliant.

KingSaint
Club Player

[quote="barwon saint"]My brother lives in perth i have been over a dozen times.A huge Saints supporter group over there.
Contact the club and tell them you are going you will most likely get into the rooms.
In all my visits to my family ( all saints supporters ) i have found Perth to be a great city and the new stadium is awesome.
If you have time shoot down to Margaret River or if not take a ferry over to Rottnest Island.
You will love the place.

I have just moved from Perth to Melbourne. The supporter group over there is the Western Saints...contact details are on the Saints website. Great bunch of people...they will have a function organised before every Saints game in Perth.

Perth is a good place...just expensive to eat and drink out...and probably the most pig ignorant football supporters in the country...just ahead of Adelaide

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

KingSaint wrote:
Perth is a good place...just expensive to eat and drink out...and probably the most pig ignorant football supporters in the country...just ahead of Adelaide
Nah.
Not expensive anymore. The mining boom is long gone.
Perth is cheap nowadays.

mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

Winmar7 wrote:I'm planning a Perth trip next year (Freo game) - and JetStar are having a sale $115 one way - is this a good price? Never been to Perth before...
This sounds awesome !
But of course once you add credit card fee (which is the only way you can pay ) seat fee , checked luggage ( unless you take virtually nothing with you ) food/beverages , carbon footprint offset etc...
It will end up costing over $200.
Then you have to find a return flight
Good luck getting one under $ 450

Saying that perth /most of WA is great .

In red white and black from 73
sendmehomehappy
Club Player

Nah...no one could be more pig ignorant than the Crow or Power supporter.

" If thought corrupts language then language can also corrupt thought."

Politics and the English Language George Orwell
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

On my way back from Thailand now flying with Jetstar.

7 hour delay. I reflected on the fact that the last 5 times I’ve flown with JS the return flight has been delayed...

Let’s just say u get what u pay for

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Con Gorozidis wrote:
KingSaint wrote:
Nah.
Perth is cheap nowadays.
You lived here in Perth for about 5 weeks, in what, 2009?
How would you know?

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend

parkeysainter wrote:115 is a total bargain to fly to Perth.

Perth isn't a great city though. Its like an expsensive uncultured Wild West of Aussie cities. The joint is in more trouble than the early settlers.
Brother, I'm on YOUR team :D
Moved to Perth from Melb in 98...
the locals are DUMBER than Forrest Gump, but no chocolates.
They need jokes explained to them...
Perth people's brains are running Windows 98 with a really slow RAM;
they have a combination of ADHD/autism/aspergers
Well, they have a mixed bag of symptoms from each condition.
Like a Cadbury's Favourites, a bit of everything.
The 'supporter' group is not really much chop.
It's like calling a tuk-tuk a Light Charter Vehicle.
The group committee consists of very dedicated, honest, hard-working Sainters,
but sadly, the members are generally lazy, insipid, uncaring and are downhill skiers.
Worse than Dees fans by a mile.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Winmar7 wrote:I'm planning a Perth trip next year (Freo game) - and JetStar are having a sale $115 one way - is this a good price? Never been to Perth before...
You can usually add a nought to that. (Return included)
Last edited by saynta on Sat 09 Dec 2017 12:11pm, edited 1 time in total.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

KingSaint wrote:
barwon saint wrote:My brother lives in perth i have been over a dozen times.A huge Saints supporter group over there.
You will love the place.

I have just moved from Perth to Melbourne. The supporter group over there is the Western Saints...contact details are on the Saints website. Great bunch of people...they will have a function organised before every Saints game in Perth.

Hard to beat the swines in sin city.

Ellaandjohn
Club Player

saynta wrote:

Been to Perth many times and never paid close to a grand return. Having said that it’s a great price so take it. Perth is a great place for a weekend so go for it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend

Ellaandjohn wrote:
saynta wrote:

Been to Perth many times and never paid close to a grand return. Having said that it’s a great price so take it. Perth is a great place for a weekend so go for it

Can you turn off that tapatalk msg?
Annoyng.

sent from a Samsung a long time ago, in a Galaxy far far away

Ellaandjohn
Club Player

WellardSaint wrote:
Ellaandjohn wrote:
saynta wrote:

Annoyng.

Turned it off now

mambo2706
Club Player

mr six o'clock wrote:But of course once you add credit card fee (which is the only way you can pay )
You can pay by POLi (no fee)
mr six o'clock wrote: seat fee
Only if you want to choose where you sit
mr six o'clock wrote:carbon footprint offset etc...
Optional only
mr six o'clock wrote:It will end up costing over $200.
Cost me $115. 7kgs of carry on which enough for me for an overnight trip
mr six o'clock wrote:Then you have to find a return flight
Good luck getting one under $ 450
I got one for under half of $450

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend

Ellaandjohn wrote:
WellardSaint wrote:
Ellaandjohn wrote:
saynta wrote:

Annoyng.

Turned it off now

You must be working at St Kilda in the recruiting dept.
Saying you've done something when in fact you haven't :)

sent from my x-wing fighter using the Force

KingSaint
Club Player

saynta wrote:
KingSaint wrote:
barwon saint wrote:My brother lives in perth i have been over a dozen times.A huge Saints supporter group over there.
You will love the place.

Hard to beat the swines in sin city.
Yes...but I don't count NSW or QLD teams as these are NRL or Rugby states...so of course their supporters will be both fairweather and ignorant. But WA and SA are Australian Football states and their supporters are idiots.

KingSaint
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:
KingSaint wrote:
Nah.
Perth is cheap nowadays.

Bollocks...Having been in Perth only a month ago...it is not cheap. Their restaurants and pubd are overpriced. Always have been. Has nothing even remotely to do with mining...booms or otherwise

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend

KingSaint wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
KingSaint wrote:
Nah.
Perth is cheap nowadays.

Bollocks...Having been in Perth only a month ago...it is not cheap. Their restaurants and pubd are overpriced. Always have been. Has nothing even remotely to do with mining...booms or otherwise
Con lived in Perth about 7 years ago, for 5 months. He thinks he's an expert on the city

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote:
KingSaint wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
KingSaint wrote:
Nah.
Perth is cheap nowadays.

Con lived in Perth about 7 years ago, for 5 months. He thinks he's an expert on the city
Lived there for two years three years ago.

I'm a semi expert.

And I think the facts support my view.
Sydney the most expensive capital in Australia, Perth comes in fifth: new report
December 1, 2017 6.06am AEDT

People have been spending more in New South Wales in recent years, followed by Victoria, South Australia, Queensland and Western Australia, according to a new report. And while real household spending has climbed by 14% in NSW between 2009-10 and 2015-16, it only rose by 4% in WA over the same period.

While spending soared, the price of goods also rose over the same period. The consumer price index (CPI) in Sydney rose by 16.4% - again the highest among all capital cities - followed by Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth (15.1%), and Adelaide.

But the preceding six-year period tells a very different story. Between 2003-04 and 2009-10, growth in real household spending spiked at 25% in WA and Queensland, but other population centres experienced much slower spending growth.

These state and territory differences reflect the workings of a “two-speed economy”, where people’s spending levels are more sensitive to the ups and downs of the economic cycle in the resource-rich states of WA and Queensland.

http://theconversation.com/sydney-the-m ... port-88168

KingSaint
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:
WellardSaint wrote:
KingSaint wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
KingSaint wrote:
Nah.
Perth is cheap nowadays.

I'm a semi expert.

Sydney the most expensive capital in Australia, Perth comes in fifth: new report

People have been spending more in New South Wales in recent years, followed by Victoria, South Australia, Queensland and Western Australia, according to a new report. And while real household spending has climbed by 14% in NSW between 2009-10 and 2015-16, it only rose by 4% in WA over the same period.

While spending soared, the price of goods also rose over the same period. The consumer price index (CPI) in Sydney rose by 16.4% - again the highest among all capital cities - followed by Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth (15.1%), and Adelaide.

But the preceding six-year period tells a very different story. Between 2003-04 and 2009-10, growth in real household spending spiked at 25% in WA and Queensland, but other population centres experienced much slower spending growth.

These state and territory differences reflect the workings of a “two-speed economy”, where people’s spending levels are more sensitive to the ups and downs of the economic cycle in the resource-rich states of WA and Queensland.

Con...that article may well be accurate in terms of overall household spending. But that was not my point...a night out at a pub in Perth is far more expensive than the Eastern States. In fact, from my experience, the cheapest place for a night out is Sydney...which is supposed to be the most expensive city.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

KingSaint wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
WellardSaint wrote:
KingSaint wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
KingSaint wrote:
Nah.
Perth is cheap nowadays.

I'm a semi expert.

Con...that article may well be accurate in terms of overall household spending. But that was not my point...a night out at a pub in Perth is far more expensive than the Eastern States. In fact, from my experience, the cheapest place for a night out is Sydney...which is supposed to be the most expensive city.
One night on the piss in one pub.
Probably in a tourist trap.
Hardly serious research.