Cal Twomey Phantom Draft Now Live

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Re: Cal Twomey picks Fogarty and Higgins for Saints

Con Gorozidis wrote:
magnifisaint wrote:
avid wrote:I probably don't want Higgins -- his kicking looks chippy, not long and raking.
He's the only one in the mix that I might feel disappointed about.
[disclaimer: I know nothing of any substance about him or any of the others.]

This is voodoo posting -- I just feel that by saying something positive or negative I might just make it happen, or go away.
The more that posters say they don't want Higgins the more I want him. I don't know him from a bar of soap except to say the exact things were said about Daniel and look at him. 5 ft nothing and is a gun. We need pure footballers and this is what they say about him. Pound for pound the best player in the draft.
Daniel is good but not a gun.
Won't get better.
We need two guns.
Faaaaark. How long has been playing for?

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Raph Goat Clarke
Club Player

Cal Twomey Phantom Draft

If you switch picks 8 & 9 from last years draft, he guessed the top 10 exactly. I'm not saying this is how it will go, but it may go like this.
He is predicting we pick up Hunter Clark and Nick Coffield.
I would love Clark personally, and not as keen on coffield but what do we all think?

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Re: Cal Twomey Phantom Draft

Raph Goat Clarke wrote:If you switch picks 8 & 9 from last years draft, he guessed the top 10 exactly. I'm not saying this is how it will go, but it may go like this.
I would love Clark personally, and not as keen on coffield but what do we all think?
Im very keen on Coffield.
Tall. Clean. Even headed. One of the fastest blokes in the draft. Love his upside.

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Raph Goat Clarke wrote:If you switch picks 8 & 9 from last years draft, he guessed the top 10 exactly. I'm not saying this is how it will go, but it may go like this.
Neither are the attacking X factor outside runners that we need.
I still think that we could take Clark but would prefer Stephenson for flair and speed.
We have so many HBFlankers....seriously do we need another?

Having said that , we are not privy to Stephensons heart condition....I would prefer to avoid him if it is likely to be an issue.

Nee!
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

fugazi wrote:
I still think that we could take Clark but would prefer Stephenson for flair and speed.

Having said that , we are not privy to Stephensons heart condition....I would prefer to avoid him if it is likely to be an issue.
Coffield is probably faster than Stephenson.
I am happy with two of Coffield, Clark, Stephenson.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Parkey - can you edit your title topic please?

Cal Twomeys phantom draft is out now

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-11-22/c ... ntom-draft

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

fugazi wrote:

Coffield is faster than Stephenson.

Smartspeed 20-metre sprint
Jack Petruccelle - 2.87 seconds
Kane Farrell - 2.90
Aiden Bonar - 2.90
Ben Miller - 2.91
Nick Coffield - 2.91
Ben Paton - 2.95
Brent Daniels - 2.95
Stefan Okunbar - 2.95
Jaidyn Stephenson - 2.95
Nicholas Shipley - 2.97

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-10-06/d ... every-test

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

Re: Cal Twomey Phantom Draft Now Live

Topic has been updated. Cal Twomey has released his phantom draft.

Any chance Cal gets some inside info on who clubs are going for?

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

parkeysainter wrote:Topic has been updated. Cal Twomey has released his phantom draft.

Any chance Cal gets some inside info on who clubs are going for?
His previous years are fairly close to the end result. Always gets one or two wrong but overall his top 20 is usually pretty accurate.

Wombat15
Club Player

skeptic wrote:That draft order (I know it’s not his official phantom draft) is worst case scenario for me.
All the players I want gone by our picks.

I think what I want is Cerra and Brayshaw.
At best, one of them may slip through.

My guess is we def get Higgins and one of Cerra, Brayshaw, or Stephenson if they slip through
im a wishful thinker. although i purely go by what logic tells me for drafting. i thought the same thing in the paddy draft that at the time we needed a key forward, same for the billings draft that he was the most skillful available at the time then last year i was all over SPP but cards didnt fall how the club expected i guess. I purely just go off logic. I am well and truly understanding of taking best available and work the rest out later.

Worst case scenario is right. Im only guessing but im sold on Brayshaw going first (happy to be wrong). Only because my head says they want to draft a future leader and someone who is willing to lead that club forward. Chris Fagan is also a massive fan and seems like Brayshaw is willing to shoulder the number 1 pick tag and would be someone who would be a ready made professional walking through the door. There's shades of the Gibbs and Selwood in 06. Im sure if theres a redraft youd take selwood over gibbs. thats my thinking about this draft. Gibbs being the ready made attacking mid (Rayner) who could very well be a gun but hasnt shown hes got a tank vs. Selwood who walked in the door from day one and showed hes up to the standard. on a pure skills standpoint Rayner may have Brayshaw beat. But from a vocal and leadership POV i can see brayshaw being that bloke. Its like petracca. teams were turned off by the arrogance but melbourne needed that chippiness and i think brisbane need a bit of backbone from a young leader. confusing i know. but I dunno i guess i see the benefit in drafting a future captain over a flashy forward who could "one day" become a midfielder.

I still reckon Stephenson is a chance to go top 6. If his heart condition is that bad i don't think he could've dominated the exhibition games, school footy, blown certain teams away during the championships and TAC Cup and been that x-factor player all season. He's 189cm, quick and can find the goals. I am only of the mindset that north need someone with X-Factor, they need a new "poster boy" and drafting someone that's a 6ft 2in version of Cyril seems like the best foot forward. just has that good story feel to it. Trained there, they liked him, heart condition, took a chance and became a livewire and excitement machine for them.

Logic tells me Fogarty to the pies is a good move not because i want cerra but purely because they need a tall. the tall stocks in this draft outside the first round arent great. you get fogarty at 6. you have him working with pendles and he can go forward at the same time, then you have him develop into booming kick on both feet whos learning from the most composed mid in the comp. just seems a scary prospect. then you have a Moore, Fogarty, Cox, Elliot, Fasolo forward line and thats at least something you can work with and gives you a bit of firepower. their midfield is already loaded and i cant see the benefit of taking Cerra when you already have; Pendles, Sidebottom, Adams, Treloar, Wells, Greenwood and Crisp. I just dont see how taking another straight midfielder benefits them. their tall stocks are very thin considering its only Reid (when hes not injured), Grundy, Cox, Dunn and Moore of which Cox is sporadic at best.

For us i only want Cerra because hes best midfielder available and take either clark or coffield. All three are fantastic by foot, good decision makers and 2 are ready for midfield time with coffield being a part timer.

Drake Huggins
Club Player

The coach wants Coffield and Brayshaw. Make of that what you will.

"Is this the right room for an argument?"
"I told you once."
"No, you didn't."
"Yes, I did."
"Listen, an argument isn't just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says, it's a series of statements designed to support a particular conclusion."
"No, it isn't."
"Oh, I've had enough of this."
"No you haven't"
"Oh shut up."
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

How about this guy for our third rounder?

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
Viking3
Club Player

Apparently the quickest player in the draft!

Give me one flag & I'll go to my grave a happy man.