ARe we Norf MArk !!?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Waltzing St Kilda
SS Hall of Fame

Re: ARe we Norf MArk !!?

How many Rising Stars have we had in recent years?

Drake Huggins
Club Player

Bingo, Waltzing St.Kilda. An inconvenient. Apart from gresh in 2016, where have all the others been? Carlton had 5 alone this year, IIRC.

"Is this the right room for an argument?"
"I told you once."
"No, you didn't."
"Yes, I did."
"Listen, an argument isn't just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says, it's a series of statements designed to support a particular conclusion."
"No, it isn't."
"Oh, I've had enough of this."
"No you haven't"
"Oh shut up."
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Waltzing St Kilda wrote:How many Rising Stars have we had in recent years?

Yep, good question..No, great question and one that bothers me.

Drake Huggins
Club Player

Trev from the Bush wrote:You can tell it is off-season by the level of deep navel gazing going on here.

Drake Huggins, you are a serious Saintsational contributor.....BUT...........you posteth too much. Been a member for 33 days and averaging 7.79 posts per day. Turn the computer off, mate, and leave the club and the players to plan for 2018. Just because nothing is happening in this sleapy time of the year doesn't mean you have to create imaginary problems!

Now, go and speak to somebody about your forum addiction! :)
What would be a more appropriate number? Is there a limit? Imaginary problems? I'd say finishing 11th, six years into a rebuild is hardly imaginary. No rising stars last year. Unable to attract even the most mediocre of the available talent. Those with vivid imaginations are the ones who think everything is going swimmingly. I'd suggest the available evidence shows otherwise. I take your advice on board, St. Trev. I'm currently taking time off to do some writing and the deadline is approaching. That means the house is sparkling, the stones in the driveway are neatly arranged and the sock drawer has been sorted. Anything but the most important task at hand. I'll disappear again shortly. :D

"Is this the right room for an argument?"
"I told you once."
"No, you didn't."
"Yes, I did."
"Listen, an argument isn't just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says, it's a series of statements designed to support a particular conclusion."
"No, it isn't."
"Oh, I've had enough of this."
"No you haven't"
"Oh shut up."
takeaway
Club Player

Carlton certainly had a good year in 2017 re Rising Stars, but then again it depends on who you have eligible. We did not have that many eligible in 2017 ( is it 10 games or under?) which could be seen as an issue, or it could be seen as our youngsters becoming more established and are further down the track than Carlton in their development. They also prevent the newbies from getting a game.

Over the last 4 years we would have have had around half a dozen nominees, which would be on a par or ahead of most clubs, except Carlton who would have passed our tally in 2017, and possibly Bulldogs & Brisbane. I recall Gresham, Billings, Acres & Dunstan were nominated, and at least one other. Must check out the stats when time permits, but I think we don't fare too badly in the Rising Star stats over recent years, not that it really means much. Happy to be proven wrong.

supersaints
Club Player

Waltzing St Kilda wrote:I was startled by a trade report in one of the papers a month or so ago.

Said St Kilda might struggled to recruit free agents because Carlton was viewed as ahead of the Saints.

That's right.

Carlton has been recruiting better than St Kilda.

You might not agree with it, but that's one objective opinion.
Where did you pull this crap from??? Your a joke

The Blues have turned over 64 players in five years, effectively turning over their entire list one and a half times in that period.

They got young SOS through father and son , Baily Rice certainly didn't want to go to them .. so what happened there?

They only get GWS second tier players through SOS .. how about you give me s list of all the players that prefer Carlton?

The only reason players want to go to Carlton is because they are just about guaranteed a game...

In the national draft and trade periods from 2007-2014, Carlton recruited 58 players.
Stunningly, only nine of them remain on their list.
They are players who should be filling out the middle core of the list in the perfect age bracket of 21-28.
Of the 33 rookies taken in that period only Levi Casboult, Ed Curnow and Ciaran Byrne remain at Carlton.

So how's that for an objective opinion .. based of FACT...

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Drake Huggins wrote:
Trev from the Bush wrote:You can tell it is off-season by the level of deep navel gazing going on here.

Drake Huggins, you are a serious Saintsational contributor.....BUT...........you posteth too much. Been a member for 33 days and averaging 7.79 posts per day. Turn the computer off, mate, and leave the club and the players to plan for 2018. Just because nothing is happening in this sleapy time of the year doesn't mean you have to create imaginary problems!

Now, go and speak to somebody about your forum addiction! :)
What would be a more appropriate number? Is there a limit? Imaginary problems? I'd say finishing 11th, six years into a rebuild is hardly imaginary. No rising stars last year. Unable to attract even the most mediocre of the available talent. Those with vivid imaginations are the ones who think everything is going swimmingly. I'd suggest the available evidence shows otherwise. I take your advice on board, St. Trev. I'm currently taking time off to do some writing and the deadline is approaching. That means the house is sparkling, the stones in the driveway are neatly arranged and the sock drawer has been sorted. Anything but the most important task at hand. I'll disappear again shortly. :D

No don't disappesar. I love your posts.

Waltzing St Kilda
SS Hall of Fame

supersaints wrote:
Waltzing St Kilda wrote:I was startled by a trade report in one of the papers a month or so ago.

Said St Kilda might struggled to recruit free agents because Carlton was viewed as ahead of the Saints.

That's right.

Carlton has been recruiting better than St Kilda.

You might not agree with it, but that's one objective opinion.
Where did you pull this crap from??? Your a joke

The Blues have turned over 64 players in five years, effectively turning over their entire list one and a half times in that period.

They got young SOS through father and son , Baily Rice certainly didn't want to go to them .. so what happened there?

They only get GWS second tier players through SOS .. how about you give me s list of all the players that prefer Carlton?

The only reason players want to go to Carlton is because they are just about guaranteed a game...

In the national draft and trade periods from 2007-2014, Carlton recruited 58 players.
Stunningly, only nine of them remain on their list.
They are players who should be filling out the middle core of the list in the perfect age bracket of 21-28.
Of the 33 rookies taken in that period only Levi Casboult, Ed Curnow and Ciaran Byrne remain at Carlton.

So how's that for an objective opinion .. based of FACT...
Hey Einstein, read my post again. I said I read that in a trade profile. I didn't imagine it. It said
the general feeling in the AFL was that Carlton would soon leapfrog the Saints. I'm not lying.
Now go and learn the difference between "your" and "you're".

supersaints
Club Player

Who wrote the article Bolton...?

Brendan Bolton says Carlton’s turnaround makes it a destination club this off-season
August 5, 2016 2:04pm
AAP
CARLTON coach Brendon Bolton is upbeat his club will be a destination of choice during the off-season frenzy.

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!