List spots

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

List spots

I can't find the info anywhere but how many list spots remain for the Saints?

We are drafting 4 players but are there any spots leftover after that that must be filled?

If there are more than 4 list spots then do we need to take 1-2 delisted FA's and how does the rookie draft fit into it all now?

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
longtimesaint
Club Player

Re: List spots

parkeysainter wrote:I can't find the info anywhere but how many list spots remain for the Saints?

We are drafting 4 players but are there any spots leftover after that that must be filled?

If there are more than 4 list spots then do we need to take 1-2 delisted FA's and how does the rookie draft fit into it all now?
There are only four spots on the main list and we will use them for the national draft.
We could take a delisted free agent at pick 45 or else as a rookie.
I think we have two rookie places available.

One year will be our year
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Pierce is delisted but will get rookied as still contracted.
Fumny how the ins and outs work.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
Beno88
SS Hall of Fame

4 spots vacant on the senior list. Will be filled by picks 7, 8, 34 & 45 in the National Draft.

2 spots vacant on the rookie list. Will be filled by picks 8 & 26 in the Rookie Draft. Lewis Pierce will be taken with one of those picks.

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

So I guess we won't be taking any delisted FA's then. They will pick up kids with those 4 draft picks as all high enough to get quality.

Tipping that that 1 rookie spot left will be used to pick up a kid that just missed the draft.

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

I wouldn’t be surprised if we took on a delisted player as a rookie. In a draft that’s supposedly shallow in depth, the kids that don’t make the cut in the National draft are unlikely to be potential stars.

Someone like Tom Lamb might benefit from being a rookie pick, to readjust the attitude a bit.

saint6709
Club Player

St Chris wrote:I wouldn’t be surprised if we took on a delisted player as a rookie. In a draft that’s supposedly shallow in depth, the kids that don’t make the cut in the National draft are unlikely to be potential stars.

Someone like Tom Lamb might benefit from being a rookie pick, to readjust the attitude a bit.
From all the delisted players available to taken as a rookie Tom Lamb is the one I want us to get

saint6709
Club Player

St Chris wrote:I wouldn’t be surprised if we took on a delisted player as a rookie. In a draft that’s supposedly shallow in depth, the kids that don’t make the cut in the National draft are unlikely to be potential stars.

From all the delisted players available to taken as a rookie Tom Lamb is the one I want us to get

coopergrech
Club Player

Billy Hartung please. Get him as a DFA and get rid of Pick 45...

Also get Sam Collins with P8 in the Rookie Draft!