St Kilda Fixture 2018

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Re: St Kilda Fixture 2018

Postby Proph3t of egan » Tue 31 Oct 2017 4:14pm

desertsaint wrote:Well looking at that unless we find some improvement we'll finish around the same position as last year.
Here's how I rate our chances. Of course who knows what the form will be like of any two teams at anyone time? I think I have been maybe a little optimistic. others may disagree.
The Games:
Round 1          Saturday, March 24 at 3.35pm
St Kilda v Brisbane at Etihad Stadium. 80%
Round 2          Friday, March 30 at 4.20pm
North Melbourne v St Kilda at Etihad Stadium 60%
Round 3          Saturday, April 7 at 7.25pm
St Kilda v Adelaide at Etihad Stadium 25%
Round 4          Sunday, April 15 at 4.40pm
Geelong v St Kilda at GMHBA 30%
Round 5          Saturday, April 21 at 1.45pm
St Kilda v Greater Western Sydney at Etihad Stadium 50%
Round 6          Saturday, April 28 at 7.25pm
Hawthorn v St Kilda at University of Tasmania Stadium 45%
Round 7          Sunday, May 6 at 3.20pm
St Kilda v Melbourne at Etihad Stadium 40%
Round 8          Saturday, May 12 at 8.10pm
Fremantle v St Kilda at Perth Stadium 50%
Round 9          Saturday, May 19
St Kilda v Collingwood at Etihad Stadium 50%
Round 10        Saturday, May 26 at 1.45pm
Richmond v St Kilda at the MCG 40%
Round 11        Saturday, June 2 at 8.10pm
West Coast v St Kilda at Perth Stadium 40%
Round 12        Saturday, June 9 at 7.25pm
St Kilda v Sydney at Etihad Stadium 30%
Round 13        Saturday, June 16 at 4.35pm
Gold Coast v St Kilda at Metricon Stadium 60%. = 6.0 wins
Round 14        BYE
Round 15        Sunday, July 1 at 1.10pm
Melbourne v St Kilda at the MCG 40%
Round 16        Saturday, July 7 at 4.35pm
Port Adelaide v St Kilda at Adelaide Oval 40%
Round 17        Friday, July 13 at 7.50pm
St Kilda v Carlton at Etihad Stadium 65%
Round 18        Friday, July 20 at 7.50pm
St Kilda v Richmond at Etihad Stadium 45%
Round 19        Saturday, July 28 at 4.35pm
Greater Western Sydney v St Kilda at Spotless Stadium 25%
Round 20        Saturday, August 4 at 7.25pm
St Kilda v Western Bulldogs at Etihad Stadium 40%
Round 21        Friday, August 10 at 7.50pm
Essendon v St Kilda at Etihad Stadium 40%
Round 22        Saturday, August 18 at 7.25pm
St Kilda v Hawthorn at Etihad Stadium 50%
Round 23        TBC
St Kilda v North Melbourne 60% = 11 wins

So 11 wins for the season on percentage chances.
Start favourite in only five games though. Equal favourite in another four.

jeez, if this is your optimism, i would hate to see your pessemism
Fortius quo Fidelius means Strength through Loyalty. . . I think
Proph3t of egan
Club Player
 
Posts: 516
Joined: Sun 08 May 2016 8:02pm

Re: St Kilda Fixture 2018

Postby mr six o'clock » Tue 31 Oct 2017 5:24pm

Beno88 wrote:
noddy04 wrote: Oh and I am really celebrating playing 2 games in Perth ....not


We're undefeated at Perth Stadium.


Yes

Does anyone know what the dimensions of the new ground will be ?

IMO they should make it the same as the MCG . So when they play finals in Melbourne , it wont be that different for them .
In red white and black from 73
mr six o'clock
SS Life Member
 
Posts: 3340
Joined: Fri 17 Nov 2006 1:05am

Re: St Kilda Fixture 2018

Postby Vazelos » Tue 31 Oct 2017 7:05pm

4 Friday and 8 Saturday games is excellent...
With no obvious recruit coming in to make a huge impact it's going to have to come from within.
Mc cartin and maybe Freeman the ' new recruits' that could make an impact.
Many of the boys reaching the stage they should start finding better consistency..
Vazelos
Club Player
 
Posts: 729
Joined: Sun 12 Sep 2010 1:17am

Re: St Kilda Fixture 2018

Postby desertsaint » Tue 31 Oct 2017 7:59pm

Proph3t of egan wrote:
desertsaint wrote:Well looking at that unless we find some improvement we'll finish around the same position as last year.
Here's how I rate our chances. Of course who knows what the form will be like of any two teams at anyone time? I think I have been maybe a little optimistic. others may disagree.
The Games:
Round 1          Saturday, March 24 at 3.35pm
St Kilda v Brisbane at Etihad Stadium. 80%
Round 2          Friday, March 30 at 4.20pm
North Melbourne v St Kilda at Etihad Stadium 60%
Round 3          Saturday, April 7 at 7.25pm
St Kilda v Adelaide at Etihad Stadium 25%
Round 4          Sunday, April 15 at 4.40pm
Geelong v St Kilda at GMHBA 30%
Round 5          Saturday, April 21 at 1.45pm
St Kilda v Greater Western Sydney at Etihad Stadium 50%
Round 6          Saturday, April 28 at 7.25pm
Hawthorn v St Kilda at University of Tasmania Stadium 45%
Round 7          Sunday, May 6 at 3.20pm
St Kilda v Melbourne at Etihad Stadium 40%
Round 8          Saturday, May 12 at 8.10pm
Fremantle v St Kilda at Perth Stadium 50%
Round 9          Saturday, May 19
St Kilda v Collingwood at Etihad Stadium 50%
Round 10        Saturday, May 26 at 1.45pm
Richmond v St Kilda at the MCG 40%
Round 11        Saturday, June 2 at 8.10pm
West Coast v St Kilda at Perth Stadium 40%
Round 12        Saturday, June 9 at 7.25pm
St Kilda v Sydney at Etihad Stadium 30%
Round 13        Saturday, June 16 at 4.35pm
Gold Coast v St Kilda at Metricon Stadium 60%. = 6.0 wins
Round 14        BYE
Round 15        Sunday, July 1 at 1.10pm
Melbourne v St Kilda at the MCG 40%
Round 16        Saturday, July 7 at 4.35pm
Port Adelaide v St Kilda at Adelaide Oval 40%
Round 17        Friday, July 13 at 7.50pm
St Kilda v Carlton at Etihad Stadium 65%
Round 18        Friday, July 20 at 7.50pm
St Kilda v Richmond at Etihad Stadium 45%
Round 19        Saturday, July 28 at 4.35pm
Greater Western Sydney v St Kilda at Spotless Stadium 25%
Round 20        Saturday, August 4 at 7.25pm
St Kilda v Western Bulldogs at Etihad Stadium 40%
Round 21        Friday, August 10 at 7.50pm
Essendon v St Kilda at Etihad Stadium 40%
Round 22        Saturday, August 18 at 7.25pm
St Kilda v Hawthorn at Etihad Stadium 50%
Round 23        TBC
St Kilda v North Melbourne 60% = 11 wins

So 11 wins for the season on percentage chances.
Start favourite in only five games though. Equal favourite in another four.

jeez, if this is your optimism, i would hate to see your pessemism


<edited by mods as it hurt my eyes!>
"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
User avatar
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 6871
Joined: Sun 27 Apr 2008 2:02pm
Location: out there

Re: St Kilda Fixture 2018

Postby Raph Goat Clarke » Wed 01 Nov 2017 7:22pm

Your percentages are completely made up and only based on your opinion of the teams this year.
You don't know which teams will go up and down, and that will happen, the ladder never stays the same the next year...
Injuries, game plans, team chemistry... It isn't just about what players you have, as we saw through richmond winning the premiership.
Raph Goat Clarke
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun 10 Sep 2017 5:56pm

Re: St Kilda Fixture 2018

Postby desertsaint » Wed 01 Nov 2017 9:26pm

Raph Goat Clarke wrote:Your percentages are completely made up and only based on your opinion of the teams this year.
You don't know which teams will go up and down, and that will happen, the ladder never stays the same the next year...
Injuries, game plans, team chemistry... It isn't just about what players you have, as we saw through richmond winning the premiership.

no, those percentages are the result of very complex mathematical algorithms learned over years of study in a tibetan monastry frequented by world renowned mathematicians and physicists burnt out by the corporate takeover of science in the west and in earnest quest of self discovery. A genius by the name of Bourbaki took me under his wing as an philosophical acolyte, and schooled me in the theories of Aristaeus the Elder. His theories borrow heavily from the geometric concept of euclidean space and are likely divine in their origin, and as such my percentages posted above are grounded in an absolute truth.
"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
User avatar
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 6871
Joined: Sun 27 Apr 2008 2:02pm
Location: out there

Re: St Kilda Fixture 2018

Postby minneapolis » Thu 02 Nov 2017 1:58am

desertsaint wrote:
Raph Goat Clarke wrote:Your percentages are completely made up and only based on your opinion of the teams this year.
You don't know which teams will go up and down, and that will happen, the ladder never stays the same the next year...
Injuries, game plans, team chemistry... It isn't just about what players you have, as we saw through richmond winning the premiership.

no, those percentages are the result of very complex mathematical algorithms learned over years of study in a tibetan monastry frequented by world renowned mathematicians and physicists burnt out by the corporate takeover of science in the west and in earnest quest of self discovery. A genius by the name of Bourbaki took me under his wing as an philosophical acolyte, and schooled me in the theories of Aristaeus the Elder. His theories borrow heavily from the geometric concept of euclidean space and are likely divine in their origin, and as such my percentages posted above are grounded in an absolute truth.


Well in that case......


BTW I agree with your assessment at this stage. We can only go on what we know.

Who would have thought that the Swans would lose the first 6 this year.
I am committed to flexibility.
minneapolis
Club Player
 
Posts: 455
Joined: Thu 22 Apr 2004 5:35am
Location: Was:Riding an electric scooter around Shenzhen. Now:Peering thru the pollution in Peking.

Re: St Kilda Fixture 2018

Postby prwilkinson » Thu 02 Nov 2017 9:06am

Pretty good fixture really. Only have to travel to Adelaide once for our regular away game against Port Adelaide. How many times have we played the Power in Melbourne since '97.. 4 or 5 times?
User avatar
prwilkinson
Club Player
 
Posts: 1339
Joined: Tue 21 Sep 2010 12:17pm

Re: St Kilda Fixture 2018

Postby Bernard Shakey » Thu 02 Nov 2017 12:47pm

Rounds one to ten should produce 5 wins.

Rounds eleven to Sixteen are a worry, 2 wins at best.

Rounds seventeen to twenty three (five home home games out of seven) should produce another 5 wins.

I'll predict 12 wins next year!
Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
User avatar
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 10788
Joined: Sun 18 Mar 2007 11:22pm
Location: Down By The River 1989, 2003, 2009 & 2013

Re: St Kilda Fixture 2018

Postby Vazelos » Thu 02 Nov 2017 6:17pm

So hard to predict so many players at the level where you are asking," will he take that next step?"
I count about 12 in that 3-5 year, 40-80 game bracket...
No one on the slide like last year in the over 30 bracket so really with some more accurate kicking and overall improvement we hope for some better results.
I firmly believe there will be quite a few games decided by mall margins.
We could finish 6th to 13th its that tight.
Vazelos
Club Player
 
Posts: 729
Joined: Sun 12 Sep 2010 1:17am

Re: St Kilda Fixture 2018

Postby Jacks Back » Thu 02 Nov 2017 9:39pm

Vazelos wrote:So hard to predict so many players at the level where you are asking," will he take that next step?"
I count about 12 in that 3-5 year, 40-80 game bracket...
No one on the slide like last year in the over 30 bracket so really with some more accurate kicking and overall improvement we hope for some better results.
I firmly believe there will be quite a few games decided by mall margins.
We could finish 6th to 13th its that tight.

I hope they are small malls.
As president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”
Jacks Back
SS Life Member
 
Posts: 3901
Joined: Sat 11 Jun 2011 4:52pm
Location: Here

Re: St Kilda Fixture 2018

Postby saintbrat » Fri 22 Dec 2017 5:33pm

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly......Contributing to the needs of Saints!!
Image
MEMBERSHIP 2014- 31,134 viewtopic.php?f=1&t=83276
Membership 2015 32,746 viewtopic.php?f=1&t=87701&hilit=membership+2015
MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101 viewtopic.php?f=1&t=89838&p=1585759#p1585759
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 viewtopic.php?f=1&t=91699
User avatar
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 43874
Joined: Tue 09 Mar 2004 4:11pm
Location: saints zone

Previous

Return to Saintsational Fan Forum (open to all ages)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BackFromUSA, Bing [Bot], Otiman and 24 guests