Poll - Who do you want at pick 7 & 8? Pick 2 players.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Who do you want at pick 7 & 8? Pick 2 players from Poll

Poll ended at Thu 23 Nov 2017 2:29pm

Jaidyn Stephenson
12%
Hunter Clark
8%
Jarrod Brander
2%
Adam Cerra
15%
Andrew Brayshaw
20%
Nick Coffield
10%
Jack Higgins
8%
Darcy Fogarty
6%
Aiden Bonar
15%
Lochie O'Brien
No votes
Charlie Constable
1%
Other
3%

Total votes: 171

lewdogs
Club Player

Re: Poll - Who do you want at pick 7 & 8? Pick 2 players.

I'd like to see us pick up Higgins. Then the best of the sliders (Dow, Brayshaw, Cerra etc). Higgins looks very talented for mine - he will be like Gresham, maybe better. To go with him, grab another midfielder who will develop into a gun.

SMS
Club Player

Murphys not even on poll and constable is two votes?? Boy o boy the melts

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

SMS wrote:Murphys not even on poll and constable is two votes?? Boy o boy the melts

saynta
Saintsational Legend

The pelican's top 20 in order.

1. Luke Davies-Uniacke
2. Paddy Dow
3. Cameron Rayner
4. Jaidyn Stephenson
5. Adam Cerra
6. Aaron Naughton
7. Andrew Brayshaw
8. Aiden Bonar
9. Nick Coffield
10. Darcy Fogarty
11. Jarrod Brander
12. Hunter Clark
13. Oscar Allen
14. Nathan Murphy
15. Carlie constable
16. Jack Higgins
17. Sam Hayes
18. Lochie O'Brien
19. Sam Tayler
20. Noah Balta.

So from that , its safe to say that Brayshaw and Bonar may very well get drafted by someone other than the saints and that Constable and Murphy are not top 10 picks. Well at least in some peoples mind.
Last edited by saynta on Fri 10 Nov 2017 9:03am, edited 2 times in total.

Drake Huggins
Club Player

Murphy is the potential bolter. An elite cricketer, al a Sinclair, who came back to footy just this year. Wasn't even in the discussion early this year. Now touted as a top 15 pick. His dad, Sean, played for our U/19's back in the day.

"Is this the right room for an argument?"
"I told you once."
"No, you didn't."
"Yes, I did."
"Listen, an argument isn't just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says, it's a series of statements designed to support a particular conclusion."
"No, it isn't."
"Oh, I've had enough of this."
"No you haven't"
"Oh shut up."
spiral3
Club Player

saynta wrote:The pelican's top 20 in order.
interesting thanks Saynta, however, missing #7

saynta
Saintsational Legend

spiral3 wrote:
saynta wrote:The pelican's top 20 in order.
interesting thanks Saynta, however, missing #7

Oops, don't know what happened there. Brayshaw was 7th with Naughton at 6.

spiral3
Club Player

gotcha, cheers

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

From where I sit I would have Coffield at pick 1.
He just looks so clean, quick, skilful and athletic and such a good size.
I'm struggling to see past him.

I cant see anything good about Constable. No doubt Trout's wife knows his uncle and says they are a good family and he went over for a roast or something or other but sheesh...

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Drake Huggins wrote:Murphy is the potential bolter. An elite cricketer, al a Sinclair, who came back to footy just this year. Wasn't even in the discussion early this year. Now touted as a top 15 pick. His dad, Sean, played for our U/19's back in the day.
Fine but we got Sinclair as a Rookie AND he had a year of VFL under his belt.
Murphy has some potential but that is all. Totally unproven. A project player. I see him as a pick around 20-30.
Anything higher than that would be lunacy.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
Drake Huggins wrote:Murphy is the potential bolter. An elite cricketer, al a Sinclair, who came back to footy just this year. Wasn't even in the discussion early this year. Now touted as a top 15 pick. His dad, Sean, played for our U/19's back in the day.
Murphy has some potential but that is all. Totally unproven. A project player. I see him as a pick around 20-30.
Where have you seen him play?

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
santazzi
Club Player

After a quick review of available info on draftees and our teams needs, I say dear recruiters Adam Cerra and Jaidyn Stephenson please.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
No need.
I just like to go around to kids houses who live within a 10 minute drive and have a good family meal. Great tight knit family. Real character. Terrific salad dressing. f*** me but the steak was cooked just how I like it - well bloody done. Plenty of options with the sauce on the table too. Which is how it should be.

His uncle was a gun player for Hampton Rovers. Could have played for the Saints but did his knee early. Real sporting family. The sister is in the state junior netball side. The mum is a real solid type. Just a bloody delight to be honest.

I was kind of hoping they might ask me to move in for a few weeks. s*** they had plenty of space and I was happy to put a blow up mattress in the garage if need be....

Delighted to have a kid of this calibre in the club.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
Jack played three games for Port Melbourne in the VFL in 2014 under the league’s 23rd player rule and was an Oakleigh Chargers player in 2014. Came on later in his first 2 games and started on the ground in his third game.

Great experience for the then young Jack, but not sure that equates to "a year under his belt as a VFL player".

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Drake Huggins
Club Player

I doubt we'll be taking Murphy at 7 or 8. He'll be gone by pick 34. The thing about Murphy is, like Sinclair, there is huge room for development. A bit of a risk, but one that may be worth taking after the top ten. The pelican on SEN remarked that the top ten this year was very good, but that you could throw a blanket over the next 25. Augurs well for someone decent to slip to our third pick.

"I told you once."
"No, you didn't."
"Yes, I did."
"Listen, an argument isn't just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says, it's a series of statements designed to support a particular conclusion."
"No, it isn't."
"No you haven't"
"Oh shut up."
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
magnifisaint wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
No need.
I just like to go around to kids houses who live within a 10 minute drive and have a good family meal. Great tight knit family. Real character. Terrific salad dressing. f*** me but the steak was cooked just how I like it - well bloody done. Plenty of options with the sauce on the table too. Which is how it should be.

His uncle was a gun player for Hampton Rovers. Could have played for the Saints but did his knee early. Real sporting family. The sister is in the state junior netball side. The mum is a real solid type. Just a bloody delight to be honest.

I was kind of hoping they might ask me to move in for a few weeks. s*** they had plenty of space and I was happy to put a blow up mattress in the garage if need be....

reductio ad ridiculum (appeal to ridicule).

Getting very boring Con.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
magnifisaint wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
No need.

Getting very boring Con.
I concur with Pav. Most of us on here arent a bunch of idiots Con. The fact that you have about as much of an idea about these guys as most of us (nil), but pretend to know so much by watching some youtube clips and read some draft reports doesn't reflect well on you. Probably best if you kept it to quoting.

the dome
Club Player

The rare & dizzy heights of having 2 top 10 picks

I think the enthusiasm, hope & intrigue surrounding picks 7 & 8 has many of us scouring through the list of players from roughly 5 to 10 and mounting a case for each one.
On one level I'm enjoying the position our club is finding itself in, it's been a decade & a half since we experienced this rare privilage of 2 picks in the top 10 of a National Draft.
On another level I am really hoping that our recruiting team has been consistently applying their studying skills in regard to the pros & cons of each of these player that will be drafted later this month.
Who knows we may not get picks like these for another decade.
Of coarse that suggests that the next decade would have us camped in the top half of the ladder.
. . . & we need some luck with the two players we nominate for the red, white & black.
Here's hoping. :)

Drake Huggins
Club Player

Let's hope we never have early picks again unless we need to trade for them.

"I told you once."
"No, you didn't."
"Yes, I did."
"No, it isn't."
"No you haven't"
"Oh shut up."
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
magnifisaint wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
No need.

Getting very boring Con.
I concur with Pav. Most of us on here arent a bunch of idiots Con. The fact that you have about as much of an idea about these guys as most of us (nil), but pretend to know so much by watching some youtube clips and read some draft reports doesn't reflect well on you. Probably best if you kept it to quoting.

Blind faith in Elshaugh and Bains is misplaced.
I have no faith in Elshaugh.
That's my point.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
magnifisaint wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
No need.

Getting very boring Con.

That's my point.

Hopefully I'm wrong.

Drake Huggins
Club Player

You don't know how right you are about Elshaug, Con. Bains is a bigger loss than people realize. A good operator with plenty of smarts. No wonder he's been headhunted by other clubs and the AFL and his star continues to rise. No one has tried to catch the trout. He's an in industry joke. The general attitude from the industry insiders is that the saints are welcome to him. I love the fact we have 7 & 8 in this draft with one caveat. Elshyte now has sole responsibility for the selections. Like handing the keys to your new Ferrari to you half pissed learner driver son and asking him to deliver it to the other side of town. It might get there, but it's more likely you'll find it ablaze in a roadside ditch somewhere along the route.

"I told you once."
"No, you didn't."
"Yes, I did."
"No, it isn't."
"No you haven't"
"Oh shut up."
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
magnifisaint wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
magnifisaint wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
No need.

Getting very boring Con.

That's my point.

Hopefully I'm wrong.
He hasn't done too bad. I reckon that Billings will be better than Bottempelli and Acres just could be anything. Billings still has a huge amount of upside.
I was never really sold on Bains (gut feel) but had nothing to really go on so I assumed he was competent.

SMS
Club Player

Who I want for us
Fogarty
Bonar
Stephenson
Brayshaw

Xfactor, size toughness. Those 4 get me going more than Cerra, Raynor.
Could Raynor bias be because of dusty? Bonar and Fogarty may have ifs anout them but end of the day have the most upside.

Anyway its a bit redundant because we are gettong
7. Constable
8. Murphy

Lock it in. I expect ITK status after this plays out.

quirky84
Club Player

People still spelling Rayner with an O after all this time