Tom Lamb Delisted

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Re: Tom Lamb Delisted

Jacks Back wrote:
Zed wrote:I like the idea of looking at players who were a first or second round pick, have been in the system for a couple of years or so and have been cut because of attitude or cultural fit -and offering a 1 year rookie contract.

Last chance should bring out the best in them , and if not , there’s usually another that can take his place the following year. Mav was tarred with that brush at the GC and put his head down and turned it around.
Tom Lee was one of those as well.
Carlisle = good example.
Mav = not so good example.

Zed
SS Hall of Fame

Con Gorozidis wrote:
Jacks Back wrote:
Zed wrote:I like the idea of looking at players who were a first or second round pick, have been in the system for a couple of years or so and have been cut because of attitude or cultural fit -and offering a 1 year rookie contract.

Last chance should bring out the best in them , and if not , there’s usually another that can take his place the following year. Mav was tarred with that brush at the GC and put his head down and turned it around.
Tom Lee was one of those as well.
Carlisle = good example.
Mav = not so good example.
I’m suggesting a 1year rookie contract only for delisted guys. I think Mav was a worthwhile punt (yes his 2017 was rubbish but hopefully he can recapture his 2016 form)

Offering a first or second round pick for an attitude/cultural problem is another kettle of fish. So far we are massive winners in the Carlisle deal. Sydney brought the best out in Barry Hall. Brisbane Martin Pike. I’m sure there are plenty of other good examples and an equal number of fizzers.

If we had drafted Tom Lee via a rookie contract to start with I would have had no issue with that. Using a first round draft pick however was an incompetent misjudgment

Love is all you need
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

No. Won't play 50 AFL games. If he was any good he would have played half a dozen games.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
saint6709
Club Player

kalsaint
Club Player

Goose is king wrote:As a 193cm athletic forward I wonder if he would be able to play down back. I’ve never seen him play but I recall many on here we’re keen on him in his draft year
Hes a probable for me.

His form in WAFL has been only reasonable. He is 193cm and has been played out of his experience position as a midfielder. He has said the move back was forced due to lack of talls in his team. He has a bit of flair about him, sometimes doesn't do enough to create pressure.

The Melbourne environment might be what he needs. Players improved with club changes regularly but are we prepared to take him on.

Was a mid 30 pick but all the predictions in phantom picks had him substantially higher so some people saw potential. Carlton are also interested.

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

You need to protect the ball handler to increase posession efficiency