St Kilda stilll being screwed re Stadium deals

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Re: St Kilda stilll being screwed re Stadium deals

ausfatcat wrote:
MickThomas wrote:35,000 members, very poor attendances at every game-
no wonder the Saints are poor cousins.
Fans should start supporting- bums on seats.
More people equates to more power.
The Saints FB page has 150,000 'likes'.
Likes mean nothing.
Has to translate to 'support'.

42 thousand members (14th)

10th for average attendance in the afl

so we should be middle of the road for income, but we are not we are bottom 4 why is that?
We are getting screwed on the stadium deal.

ace
Saintsational Legend

Re: How long will St Kilda be screwed @ the Dome ?

the dome wrote:The laughable situation in place @ the Dome continues relentlessly it seems.
Our Club has already been severely ripped off because of AFL assumptions that near enough support is good enough.
The notion that 'first club in'- Essendon could siphon of the cream of some kind of better tenancy agreement over any other club joining later was always a wrong & flawed strategy by the AFL. This approach from day one ignores the many people who believe equalisation s vital to the on-going health of within the AFL competition.
It strikes me that the AFL is comfortable enough having the 'poorer' Melb clubs (Saints;Bulldogs;Roos) remain the poorer in the interests of not upsetting the traditionally well heeled clubs.
The number of people that have to come through the gate @ the Dome before St.Kilda make a dollar is huge.
The AFL needs to do a whole lot better than this. :o
That special deal for Essendon was set up by the corrupt Essendon scum bucket Ron Evans when he was chairman of the AFL.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
ace
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
longtimesaint wrote:
Ellaandjohn wrote:
Enrico_Misso wrote:The reason we are $6m in debt is because we have had to live with this disgraceful deal for all of this century.
confused why wb and north aren’t in as much debt. Pretty sure there is more to it than the deal. By the way we got the second or third most money off the afl last year. Not far behind the 2 new clubs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think we would still be carrying a substantial debt from building Seaford.
It is expensive to abandon that and then build in Moorabbin when it should have been there in the first place.
yep dont blame stadium deals for club mismanagement .
joke.
Don't blame the club for leaving Moorabbin for Seaford.
That was brought about by the behaviour of some vermin at the Kingston City Council.
As with many Melbourne based clubs some councillors and staff love the local football team being present.
Others who make up a sizeable majority are supporters of other clubs or other codes.
They despise the presence and will sabotage.

Geelong, the two Adelaide and two Perth clubs get city wide support and financing.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
Vazelos
Club Player

Mainly pokies we make a tenth of the top earners....
It's very tough to be that far behind..
Pokies, poor stadium deal and memberships ( it is improving) and Seaford set up have been the main reasons.
We need the new Moorabbin to bring in a lot more $$$.
It's as simple as that...