Ameet Bains- Bulldogs do it again

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

ace
Saintsational Legend

Re: Ameet Bains- Bulldogs do it again

Wayne42 wrote:
suss wrote:
Drake Huggins wrote:He was always going to leave. He was talked about for the CEO role at Hawthorn, with Caro saying he would probably get that job. Lethlean's departure also had the AFL sniffing around. Ameet did mention earlier in the year that if he took another job he would definitely hang around until the end of the trade period. Promise kept. A big promotion on the road to the Death Star at Docklands. Highly regarded in the industry and regarded as a possible future CEO of the AFL. Hard to replace, but there are many who want to work in the AFL. There won't be a shortage of contenders.

Agree with all of that, but I find it a really odd choice given Peter Gordon is notoriously hard to get along with. Surely he’s taken on the riskiest CEO assignment going around?
Maybe he wants to test his legal nous against Mr Gordon, he might learn a thing or 2 from an expert about being overly litigious. :roll:
This makes me hope that Peter Gordon has heaps of shares in Slimey & Grimey law company.
95% of the company was taken over by lenders leaving all the shareholders with only 5% of the company and those shares worth less than 1/100th of were in March 2015.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
derby Street
Club Player

Can't wait to see who the next poor prick at the Saints that Con "pots" continually and irrationally. One thing for sure is that Mr Misery guts will be sure to put a negative spin on whoever is appointed. If Ameet was no good I cannot understand why he has just been appointed the CEO of an AFL club. The best of luck Ameet - I suspect you will need it working under Mr Gordon's control.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Thanks for your service Ameet. Next please.

spert
Saintsational Legend

It's a business, and AB has moved on to a major executive position elsewhere and good luck to him. I'm sure we will get another capable person in the role, it's not rocket science.

ace
Saintsational Legend

I have been trying to understand the swapping of our 2018 draft 2nd round draft pick (pick 27 if we finish in the same spot) for pick 34 in 2017.
A loss of 7 places worth 161 draft points.
Are they crazy ? But then
We threw in 2017 picks 59 and 63 for 2018 pick 73 (if Adelaide finish 2nd again)
A loss 261 draft points. What the F?
Rumour is pick 2018 is going to be the superior draft.
Why would you give away 422 draft points like that.
That's like swapping an early an early 2nd round pick for an early 3rd round pick.
Bonkers !!!

Did someone get the maths wrong ?
The deal was submitted with minutes to spare - did someone muck up the maths in a panic ?
Did they sign a deal that was different to what had been agreed ?
Did someone do the deal without Bains, because Bains does not make this sort of stuff up ?

But now I think maybe it was a last minute before I leave, F. U ?

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

saint64 wrote:
Darth Vader wrote:
Waltzing St Kilda wrote:Jason Cripps.
Smartest thing I’ve seen on this site in ages.
It would make a lot of sense. Didnt someone say he has just moved to Melbourne?

Cripps would be a good fit for trout's job, don't know how he would go as a COO,

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote:I have been trying to understand the swapping of our 2018 draft 2nd round draft pick (pick 27 if we finish in the same spot) for pick 34 in 2017.
A loss of 7 places worth 161 draft points.
Are they crazy ? But then
We threw in 2017 picks 59 and 63 for 2018 pick 73 (if Adelaide finish 2nd again)
A loss 261 draft points. What the F?
Rumour is pick 2018 is going to be the superior draft.
Why would you give away 422 draft points like that.
That's like swapping an early an early 2nd round pick for an early 3rd round pick.
Bonkers !!!

Did someone get the maths wrong ?
The deal was submitted with minutes to spare - did someone muck up the maths in a panic ?
Did they sign a deal that was different to what had been agreed ?
Did someone do the deal without Bains, because Bains does not make this sort of stuff up ?

But now I think maybe it was a last minute before I leave, F. U ?
We now don't have 2nd or 3rd round picks for 2018 (the 'super draft') unless we trade players our for those picks. Is that right?

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Thanks Ameet you've served us well. Good luck for the future!

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

derby Street wrote:Can't wait to see who the next poor prick at the Saints that Con "pots" continually and irrationally. One thing for sure is that Mr Misery guts will be sure to put a negative spin on whoever is appointed. If Ameet was no good I cannot understand why he has just been appointed the CEO of an AFL club. The best of luck Ameet - I suspect you will need it working under Mr Gordon's control.
Hes not no good.
He is just average. Nothing wrong with that. Not potting him. Just challenging the rubbish that he is a guru. 6 years. Zero finals. Zero finals won. Last result 11th.
The spin is ridiculous.

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

Con Gorozidis wrote:
derby Street wrote:Can't wait to see who the next poor prick at the Saints that Con "pots" continually and irrationally. One thing for sure is that Mr Misery guts will be sure to put a negative spin on whoever is appointed. If Ameet was no good I cannot understand why he has just been appointed the CEO of an AFL club. The best of luck Ameet - I suspect you will need it working under Mr Gordon's control.
Hes not no good.
He is just average. Nothing wrong with that. Not potting him. Just challenging the rubbish that he is a guru. 6 years. Zero finals. Zero finals won. Last result 11th.
The spin is ridiculous.
Its getting boring Con.

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:Thanks Ameet you've served us well. Good luck for the future!
+1 ! Well said BS.

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
lewdogs
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:
Hes not no good.
The spin is ridiculous.
You keep saying "zero finals.. zero finals won". The second part of that sentence seems a bit unnecessary. It's kind of annoying actually. Please stop.

MickThomas
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:
Hes not no good.
The spin is ridiculous.
+1000

Bains has a double degree in law and banking/finance, whoopee bloody doo.
He had a job, just one job- the Chief of Operations.
I think he is just bog average at his job and I strongly suggest that, like a certain dwarf former coach, he is simply brilliant at interview
but middle of the road when the bloody rubber hits the road.

He has NOT given any tangible results or improvements, as Con says.
He is just a GOP and is NOT anything special
Someone on his pay packet should be judged on his performance, and name 3 improvements that he has brought to the club, anyone, come on

<cue the sound of chirping crickets>

2020 was an aberration, when we travelled twice to Adelaide and won both, beat Tigers early, beat our bogey Swans. 2021 we've returned to our old ways. Damn
Junior
Club Player

The facts are that he inherited a list that was screwed along with a salary cap that was screwed.

No he was no messiah but given the cards he was dealt I would suggest he did a reasonable job.

A champion team will always beat a team of champions.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Con’s got his own monkey...

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
Hes not no good.
The spin is ridiculous.

http://www.theage.com.au/lifestyle/heal ... z4b2y.html

""While it would be unrealistic to eliminate our negative thoughts altogether, psychologists have found that dwelling on them excessively can be detrimental both mentally and physically as essential parts of a cell's DNA, its telomeres, become shortened when stressed, affecting the way cells age""
+.

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

saynta wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
Hes not no good.
The spin is ridiculous.

""While it would be unrealistic to eliminate our negative thoughts altogether, psychologists have found that dwelling on them excessively can be detrimental both mentally and physically as essential parts of a cell's DNA, its telomeres, become shortened when stressed, affecting the way cells age""
+.
Required literature for some on this forum! :D :lol: :D

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

parkeysainter wrote:
saynta wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
Hes not no good.
The spin is ridiculous.

+.
Required literature for some on this forum! :D :lol: :D
I would definitely agree. Sometimes people don't even realise they're doing it

MickThomas
Club Player

saynta wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
Hes not no good.
The spin is ridiculous.

+.
Great
Just great
Now i'm MORE depressed

2020 was an aberration, when we travelled twice to Adelaide and won both, beat Tigers early, beat our bogey Swans. 2021 we've returned to our old ways. Damn
saynta
Saintsational Legend

MickThomas wrote:
saynta wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
Hes not no good.
The spin is ridiculous.

+.
Great
Just great
Now i'm MORE depressed
:D :D Cheer up mate, I think the glass is tad over half full.
Last edited by saynta on Sun 22 Oct 2017 8:40pm, edited 1 time in total.

howlinwolf
Club Player

What would the remuneration difference between what Baines was getting with us and the CEO of the dogs be ?
I have no idea but I reckon Peter Summers would know.
So, Baines is so highly regarded by so many and yet we don't see fit to pay him above award and keep him on ?

I think to be successful as a club when we strike gold (like Baines) we need to hang on to it.
From what I'm reading in the media there are no suitable replacements to choose from.

If we keep having our pocket picked of quality can we ever reach the ultimate ?

I feel like asking these questions of the club.

Robert Harvey's last home game. 24 Aug 2008
StKilda 13.17 def Adelaide 6.11
howlinwolf
Club Player

Is "no finals" directly attributed to Baines ?
I'd doubt it.

He's highly regarded enough for the Dogs to seek him out as CEO.

Robert Harvey's last home game. 24 Aug 2008
StKilda 13.17 def Adelaide 6.11
Saintly66
Club Player

Junior wrote:The facts are that he inherited a list that was screwed along with a salary cap that was screwed.

No he was no messiah but given the cards he was dealt I would suggest he did a reasonable job.
Someone put up a list of what was drafted under Lyon and it was absolute garbage what was brought in.

SuperDuper
Club Player

howlinwolf wrote:Is "no finals" directly attributed to Baines ?
I'd doubt it.

Yeah, aparently Bains was supposed to kick 100 goals a year and lead us to the GF
Fact is, our recruiting from 2003-2010, before he came in, was horrid. You cant fix that overnight

And apparently, the bulldogs looked around for someone who was bog average in their lower role to become their CEO
They loved the way Baines was bad at his job at the saints and could not go past him as the leader of their club
:shock: :roll:

Saintly66
Club Player

SuperDuper wrote:
howlinwolf wrote:Is "no finals" directly attributed to Baines ?
I'd doubt it.

Yeah, aparently Bains was supposed to kick 100 goals a year and lead us to the GF
Fact is, our recruiting from 2003-2010, before he came in, was horrid. You cant fix that overnight

And apparently, the bulldogs looked around for someone who was bog average in their lower role to become their CEO
They loved the way Baines was bad at his job at the saints and could not go past him as the leader of their club
:shock: :roll:
Yeah but when is he picking up his coleman?