Even Dal Thinks We Suck

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Re: Even Dal Thinks We Suck

Anyone ever thought he made those comments because he loves the Saints and he wants us to get better?

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
spert
Saintsational Legend

Well, whatever opinions are around, by the middle of 2018 we should see where we are headed. Regardless of who we pick up in recruiting etc. the real test is for Richo to get more out of the current playing group than he got in season 2017. In the end, it just wasn't good enough.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

fugazi wrote:Those people on here having a crack at Dal for giving his opinion would be the first to suck up to him if they met him on the street.
Dal loves the Saints and clearly has concerns about their direction.
No. I would have a go at him for the reasons previously given.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Drake Huggins wrote:I wonder how these comments have gone down with the club, seeing as Dal is on the development team. Could it be the old rev up, or does he really believe we are stagnating? If the latter, it might have been more prudent to keep his comments to himself and make sure he's doing his job properly.
Not to well, I would have thought.

To the top
SS Life Member

In regards this preoccupation with a "super star", where did Lockett, or Harvey, or Riewoldt or any other "super star" get us?

By focusing on a "super star" you forget the obvious

Where did Judd get Carlton?

Where did Buckley get Collingwood?

Develop your List around top end Draft Picks - and rotate and rotate and rotate beneath that core - and when you get it right continue to rotate because the competition does not stand still

You can not always pick winners, but you can always improve

And, sometimes, you speculate on the future aka bottom age selections such as Steven and Battle where we got them

the dome
Club Player

Appreciating Dal's concern

Dal strikes me as the kind of person that would wish his old club all the best.
I always enjoyed Dal in the red white & black and just take Dal's comments at face value.
I was saddened to see him go to the Roos but I can't not appreciate him for all his efforts @ St.Kilda.
He's just being open stating his concerns I suspect.
I heard him mention the importance of more good kicking being one of the ingredients that will move us up the ladder.
Right now I'm not that worried about what some commentators are judging as our performance in this draft period.
This will surely take time anyway to know which way the wind's blowing.

Wishing Logan all the best & keen to see him put a good pre-season behind him & hoping he gets a good run @ it in 2018.
We are still a significantly evolving team of young men and have as good a chance as many to create great chemistry on the field of play.
Of coarse I'm very hopeful that we strike gold with our two top ten picks. If so that'll move things along.
Steady as she goes. :)

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

To the top wrote:Dal Santo played some superb football at St Kilda but he was one of the reasons we did not achieve the ultimate because a tag saw his performance seriously wane

He just could not work thru hard attention hence an ordinary record in finals, which is where you are measured

Hence to North Melbourne, who ultimately retired him absent the premiership he went there to achieve - and, in fact, from winning their first 10 games in 2016 the wheels fell off and badly

Riewoldt battled injury which very significantly impacted on his performances but, of more importance, could not play the mid field role he performed in 2016, allowing Mc Cartin, Bruce and Membrey to develop their chemistry

Dempster did not play

Montagna had a variable season, finally cruelled by injury

All these players were well into their 30's and announced their retirements - different to Dal Santo at North Melbourne where the Club announced his Contract would not be extended because the focus was on youth

So perhaps some sour grapes

With Goddard, whose on field demeanour would not have been consistent with mentoring, St Kilda did not attempt to retain Dal Santo and that decision was correct in both instances

The future is with the First Round Draft Picks we have had post Richardson, those we have traded for being Carlisle and Freeman and the experience of Gilbert, Armitage and Steven

Then we have those who were lacking opportunity elsewhere and who have performed given that opportunity

We need a little bit more but we have 7 and 8, both higher Picks that Dal Santo was plus we have a war chest for the right FA player if available

Perhaps this is code for North Melbourne and moving Dal Santo on given NM's performance in 2017

The only shame is that we only played North Melbourne once in 2017

Hopefully we play them twice in 2018
We played North twice in 2017 - and beat them easily both times.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

We just need a core of players to stand up and say come with us and the rest will evolve. Have faith Sainters...

MickThomas
Club Player

saynta wrote:
avid wrote:
saynta wrote:I agree with the jigster and I will tell you where the improvement will come from.

For a start from our injured and unavailable players in 2017, McCartin, Armitage, Freeman and Goddard and from our improving younger players in Billings, Acres, Steele and White.

Chuck in improved goal kicking ability courtesy of Ben Dixon, a bit of luck with picks 7 and 8 and I think we are finals bound,

So f*** you Nicky dal.
So a truly great St Kilda footballer expresses an opinion on how St Kilda will cope without some of his old teammates, which not only differs from your opinion, but somehow OFFENDS you.
And you think it's perfectly appropriate to scream F*** You at him?
yep. and I like dal. :wink: , So you do know what I think you can do, don't you, cause I don't know or like you. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :evil:

Anyway, I think jigster shares my view. Why don't you have a go at him, hero.

<poster received PM>
Why was poster sent a PM?
Nothing wrong with anything here.

Unless you sent Malcolm Turnbull to saynta's house like a novelty
Gorillagram?
Or was it a FatCat-agram?

2020 was an aberration, when we travelled twice to Adelaide and won both, beat Tigers early, beat our bogey Swans. 2021 we've returned to our old ways. Damn
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:Then Dal needs to grow a set! Or get the phuck out of our way!
You on the turps last night?

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
thejiggingsaint wrote:Then Dal needs to grow a set! Or get the phuck out of our way!
You on the turps last night?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
saynta
Saintsational Legend

MickThomas wrote:
saynta wrote:
avid wrote:
saynta wrote:I agree with the jigster and I will tell you where the improvement will come from.

For a start from our injured and unavailable players in 2017, McCartin, Armitage, Freeman and Goddard and from our improving younger players in Billings, Acres, Steele and White.

Chuck in improved goal kicking ability courtesy of Ben Dixon, a bit of luck with picks 7 and 8 and I think we are finals bound,

So f*** you Nicky dal.
So a truly great St Kilda footballer expresses an opinion on how St Kilda will cope without some of his old teammates, which not only differs from your opinion, but somehow OFFENDS you.
And you think it's perfectly appropriate to scream F*** You at him?
yep. and I like dal. :wink: , So you do know what I think you can do, don't you, cause I don't know or like you. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :evil:

Anyway, I think jigster shares my view. Why don't you have a go at him, hero.

<poster received PM>
Why was poster sent a PM?
Nothing wrong with anything here.

Unless you sent Malcolm Turnbull to saynta's house like a novelty
Gorillagram?
Or was it a FatCat-agram?
Copped a very mild rebuke. Heeded the mods advice.