Adam Saad deal a huge win for injectors

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Adam Saad deal a huge win for injectors

Adam Saad for a future second round pick likely to be between 30 - 34 at a guess.
We just gave up a future third rounder for Logan Austin likely to be between 40 - 46, again guessing.

No issue with the Logan trade, but shows what a deal they have pulled off for Saad.

FFS the injectors are trading their @rse off this year and it $hits me to tears :twisted:

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
spert
Saintsational Legend

Re: Adam Saad deal a huge win for injectors

Saad aint no champion and really apart from being prominent in trading so far, the pincushions have just added more of the same to their list so far. They needed a Logan Austin type of big backman more than smaller players.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:Saad aint no champion and really apart from being prominent in trading so far, the pincushions have just added more of the same to their list so far. They needed a Logan Austin type of big backman more than smaller players.
Is this a joke?
Not sure.
They lacked pace. They added Saad.
Stringer could be anything.

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

Saad is a fantastic payer when he's on. Inconsistent, but who isn't at that club. Could be an absolute steal at that price.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
spert
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
spert wrote:Saad aint no champion and really apart from being prominent in trading so far, the pincushions have just added more of the same to their list so far. They needed a Logan Austin type of big backman more than smaller players.
Is this a joke?
Not sure.
Essendon? They are a quick team, but when their pace got nullified in the finals, it exposed their lack of strength in the backline, and adding another running half back is not the solution, but I don't give a stuff about the dishonest pack of arrogant dipsticks anyway. Nor should you! 8-)

Saintmatt
SS Life Member

Funnily enough - I thought Saad was exactly the type of player we could have done with. Not sure why we didn't have a crack at him or Rockliff (FA ball magnet goal kicking midfielder).

Before this morning - I thought Adl had done well bending over the Dees on Lever; then the Blues bent over Adl on Gibbs; then Freo bends over the Suns on Weller.

Feels like we were pretty much asleep at the wheel.

Go you red, black & white warriors
Saintmatt
SS Life Member

spert wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
Is this a joke?
Not sure.
Essendon? They are a quick team, but when their pace got nullified in the finals, it exposed their lack of strength in the backline, and adding another running half back is not the solution, but I don't give a stuff about the dishonest pack of arrogant dipsticks anyway. Nor should you! 8-)
The Bummers have a midget midfield and little outside of Hurley in defence. Can't believe they didn't have a crack at FA Rockliff. He's a mid bodied mid who could've protected their midget/skinny mids

Go you red, black & white warriors
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
Is this a joke?
Not sure.
I gave a stuff when they thrashed us in Rd 15 or whatever it was. Ended our season.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

desertsaint wrote:Saad is a fantastic payer when he's on. Inconsistent, but who isn't at that club. Could be an absolute steal at that price.
Agreed, extreme pace, take the game on at all cost and pretty good foot skills.
Only seems to make mistakes when he is at full tilt.
I reckon he is the steal of the trade period, could be a star.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
outside66
Club Player

I'm not worried about what Essendon did as none of those players are what we needed given we have coverage

Saad; Savage, Webster, Newnes, Robbo, White and even Rice all seem to have that back flank role covered.

Smith; Gresham, Billings, Mav, Lonie, Sinclair, Minchington

Stringer; Could be anything but we've got Membrey as the third tall with Battle coming along also. Stringer has no work ethic and will never become a full time mid.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

outside66 wrote:I'm not worried about what Essendon did as none of those players are what we needed given we have coverage

Saad; Savage, Webster, Newnes, Robbo, White and even Rice all seem to have that back flank role covered.

Smith; Gresham, Billings, Mav, Lonie, Sinclair, Minchington

Stringer; Could be anything but we've got Membrey as the third tall with Battle coming along also. Stringer has no work ethic and will never become a full time mid.
Correct. Smith couldn't get a game with GWS, got left out of this years prelim side and cracked the s***s. Stringer is a no hoper dead beat gambling dad who can play a bit but has no ethics, either in general or work related. Saad is a sook who wanted to

come home so his family could pick out a missus for him.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
Is this a joke?
Not sure.
Quick?
Heppell, Merrett, Goddard, Stanton and Watson. Always considered slow.

Drake Huggins
Club Player

Smith would've been an upgrade over Lonie, Minchington and Weller, but agree with Saynta, he's not the prize he would've been two years ago. I'm told he's lost a yard, his main weapon, due to crook knees. Saad? Would've been handy because of his pace, but we do have many similar types. Stringer? Could be anything, or could be nothing. They got him fairly cheaply, so probably worth the risk. They have traded themselves out of the earliest picks, so it will be interesting to see what they can salvage from the draft. Not much I suspect, so while in the short term this all looks good, I don't think it's quite the raging success our media pundits are telling us it is.

"Is this the right room for an argument?"
"I told you once."
"No, you didn't."
"Yes, I did."
"Listen, an argument isn't just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says, it's a series of statements designed to support a particular conclusion."
"No, it isn't."
"Oh, I've had enough of this."
"No you haven't"
"Oh shut up."
Toy Saint
SS Hall of Fame

Saintmatt wrote:Funnily enough - I thought Saad was exactly the type of player we could have done with. Not sure why we didn't have a crack at him or Rockliff (FA ball magnet goal kicking midfielder).

Before this morning - I thought Adl had done well bending over the Dees on Lever; then the Blues bent over Adl on Gibbs; then Freo bends over the Suns on Weller.

Feels like we were pretty much asleep at the wheel.
..at least we never got 'bent over'

carn_sainter
Club Player

I'm glad we kept our cool and didn't make trades for the sake of making trades. We should only make good deals and a good deal wasn't there for us so much this year.

Saad (as all players) has his reasons for choosing Essendon as his desired destination. So I wonder how long the Bombers had been in touch with him and what they did/offered to make him want to go there. Are we similarly proactive throughout the year? How wide do we cast our net, and for how long?

Bombers fand will be excited. I reckon it has all too much a mercenary feel to it and I like the idea that we get good kids and develop them well. I don't want to paint too broad a stroke and act like there is only one way, but the core of our best team came up together - I reckon there's something to it.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

I could care less...at least they have another season to stew on that pick #5. Couldn't get a cracker for him.