Logan Austin

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Re: Logan Austin

parkeysainter wrote:S##t. He is a big unit of a kid! He is ready to play.
Yep. He played at Belconnen with two of my grandsons and is friends with them as is jack Steele.. Good young leader . Will fit in well at Moorabbin.

I knew he was interested in coming to the saints but wasn't sure if we were interested in him or not.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Welcome to Full Back!

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
darylcowie
Club Player

quirky84 wrote:Multiple sources including Kane Cornes reporting Port defender Logan Austin will be traded to Saints for a late pick tomorrow.
Ir.onically he will probably be given Hugh Goddard's old number (33), unless we upgrade Nick O'Kearney.

its time to make a name for yourself like you've never made before!
Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

darylcowie wrote:
quirky84 wrote:Multiple sources including Kane Cornes reporting Port defender Logan Austin will be traded to Saints for a late pick tomorrow.
Ironically he will probably be given Hugh Goddard's old number (33), unless we upgrade Nick O'Kearney.
Or he will be given potatoes - for we are potatoes!

Kelly x
Martin x
Fyfe x

Schace x
Stringer x
Upgrade of picks x

F@rk - I am so glad we went aggressive at this trade period - I would hate to see it if we sat on our hands

No wonder Jaxons told us nothing - there was f@rking nothing to tell!

I am so glad we got Logan (he may turn into something) but a destination club we are NOT!!!

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Sainter_Dad wrote:
darylcowie wrote:
Ironically he will probably be given Hugh Goddard's old number (33), unless we upgrade Nick O'Kearney.

Kelly x
Martin x
Fyfe x

Schace x
Stringer x
Upgrade of picks x

F@rk - I am so glad we went aggressive at this trade period - I would hate to see it if we sat on our hands

I am so glad we got Logan (he may turn into something) but a destination club we are NOT!!!
Lighten up sunshine.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
freely
SS Hall of Fame

oh when the wrote:Dempsters cousin
Yes, and if he turns out half as good I'll be happy!

ss1986
Club Player

Sainter_Dad wrote:
darylcowie wrote:

Kelly x
Martin x
Fyfe x

Schace x
Stringer x
Upgrade of picks x

Well said. This is the key point everyone is missing. We didn't even make a statement of intent. We actually look pathetic.

Why would anyone want to come and play for St.Kilda right now? Why would any decent FA even want to join us next year apart from big $$$. We won't be in the hunt for another 5 years minimum after this failure of a trade period. Even Rory Sloane can't win us a flag off his own boot.

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote:
Sainter_Dad wrote:
darylcowie wrote:

Kelly x
Martin x
Fyfe x

Schace x
Stringer x
Upgrade of picks x

Lighten up sunshine.
Lighten up??? potatoes grow in the dark!

I have been a staunch supporter of the club and their recruitment policies and choices in the past - look at my posts of you doubt, but this year I am baffled.

Essendon - have done EXACTLY what they said they would
Melbourne - have bought in a player who they believe to be A+ to fill a whole
Bulldogs - have bought in Schace - for basically nothing

These are the teams that we are competing against to play finals in 2018, and whilst their strategies may come off - ours certainly will, because our response was - to become potato farmers!

We are the definition of stupidity!

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
BadRossco
Club Player

Forget players we need to get some recruiters that can make things happen and not be duped by their opposite numbers at other clubs. Take a leaf out of the injectors book, they are like the Mounties always getting their man.

cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

Whoah!!!! Hang on a minute.

Essendon got lucky because three players nominated their club, one if which no-one else wanted to touch. It's easier when they're banging at your door to get in. If three players were banging at our door, we would have gotten them in, too. It requires no genius to get that done. Dodoro is still a useless, arrogant turd.

As for Schache, hardly anyone wanted to touch him, and we were never interested.

We declared our hand on Dustin Martin 6 months ago...."No thanks"

We were never in the hunt for Fyfe, and everyone in the business knows that.

Yes, we wanted Kelly, but he decided to stay at GWS. He even baulked at 1.4 million a year from North Melbourne, so it wasn't about our incompetence, as much as some on here are desperate to believe.

So, we go into the draft with picks 7 & 8....boo hoo, what a tragedy.

Are any of the naysayers going to bag us for last year's trade period, too? Are they going to bag the trades that landed us Steele, Stevens, Carlisle (with Gresham), Brown, Membrey, Savage, Roberton, Freeman, Longer, and Bruce? Aah, yes, they forget about those, don't they! For club that's crap at trading, those trades must have happened just by accident.

kalsaint
Club Player

ss1986 wrote:
Sainter_Dad wrote:
darylcowie wrote:

Kelly x
Martin x
Fyfe x

Schace x
Stringer x
Upgrade of picks x

Well said. This is the key point everyone is missing. We didn't even make a statement of intent. We actually look pathetic.

Why would anyone want to come and play for St.Kilda right now? Why would any decent FA even want to join us next year apart from big $$$. We won't be in the hunt for another 5 years minimum after this failure of a trade period. Even Rory Sloane can't win us a flag off his own boot.
Cant see how we improve unless the part of the unchanged team improves way beyond the AFL average improvement.
On Sloane it was rumoured Sloane was a bargaining chip for Carlton. Not sure on the truth of this but indicates if Sloane moves, Saints may not be the first choice. Often players who followed their original favourites don't actually get there (BJ comes to mind).

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

You need to protect the ball handler to increase posession efficiency
ctqs
Club Player

st.byron wrote:
Drake Huggins wrote:
st.byron wrote:
SaintPav wrote:Jaxons didn’t call this no disrespect to hm.

One of our own posters did..

Nope. Jaxons referred to "a young defender from P.A".......CTQS worked it out and Jaxons confirmed.
Then why not post the target's name if you know it's going to happen? No criticism of Jaxons, but he got scooped this time. Sorry, true believers.
Oh lord, you can twist anything whichever way you want to.

Jaxons first referred to a young defender from P.A. He didn't know it was going to happen. Just said a young defender was being looked at. CQ guessed the name and that equates to Jaxons being 'scooped'. Go figure........
I think you mean CQ Saint, not to be confused with me. I'm a Jaxons convert who knew nothing about the trade until it was flagged here a few weeks ago.

Still waiting for closure ... if you get my drift.
Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

cwrcyn wrote:Whoah!!!! Hang on a minute.

Essendon got lucky because three players nominated their club, one if which no-one else wanted to touch. It's easier when they're banging at your door to get in. If three players were banging at our door, we would have gotten them in, too. It requires no genius to get that done. Dodoro is still a useless, arrogant turd.

As for Schache, hardly anyone wanted to touch him, and we were never interested.

We declared our hand on Dustin Martin 6 months ago...."No thanks"

We were never in the hunt for Fyfe, and everyone in the business knows that.

Yes, we wanted Kelly, but he decided to stay at GWS. He even baulked at 1.4 million a year from North Melbourne, so it wasn't about our incompetence, as much as some on here are desperate to believe.

So, we go into the draft with picks 7 & 8....boo hoo, what a tragedy.

Are any of the naysayers going to bag us for last year's trade period, too? Are they going to bag the trades that landed us Steele, Stevens, Carlisle (with Gresham), Brown, Membrey, Savage, Roberton, Freeman, Longer, and Bruce? Aah, yes, they forget about those, don't they! For club that's crap at trading, those trades must have happened just by accident.
At no stage did I say that last years, or previous years drafting campaign have been crap. Nor did I say that I was unhappy with 7 & 8. In fact, in one post I have said that I hope that they do not throw 7 & 8 at a no name just to achieve the 'big fish' we were promised.

What I did say was:
We got no where;
We made a bold statement and did not follow through;
We are not a destination club;
The teams that we are competing against for finals spots - achieved what in their minds was an improvement in their stocks.

I can see no scenario where this trade period can be measured as a success against what we set out to do.

― Aristophanes

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote:
SemperFidelis wrote:
oh when the wrote:Dempsters cousin
And another one of Man of Steele's mates.

I am really happy with the way this one has turned out.

http://www.saints.com.au/news/2017-10-1 ... es-a-saint
196cm & 85kg??? Maybe when he was drafted.
No way that weight on the saints link is correct.
At least 95kg, looks a big unit.

Now 198 cm and a tad over 90 k's.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Sainter_Dad wrote:
darylcowie wrote:

Kelly x
Martin x
Fyfe x

Schace x
Stringer x
Upgrade of picks x

We are for Canberra kids, the nations finest.

We now have three of them whilst GWS who have the hide to have A.C.T on the back of their jumpers have none.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Sainter_Dad wrote:
magnifisaint wrote:
Sainter_Dad wrote:
darylcowie wrote:

Kelly x
Martin x
Fyfe x

Schace x
Stringer x
Upgrade of picks x

Lighten up sunshine.
Lighten up??? potatoes grow in the dark!

I have been a staunch supporter of the club and their recruitment policies and choices in the past - look at my posts of you doubt, but this year I am baffled.

Essendon - have done EXACTLY what they said they would
Melbourne - have bought in a player who they believe to be A+ to fill a whole
Bulldogs - have bought in Schace - for basically nothing

These are the teams that we are competing against to play finals in 2018, and whilst their strategies may come off - ours certainly will, because our response was - to become potato farmers!

We are the definition of stupidity!
Schache....at least you could get the spelling right. And you talk about the definition of stupidity. :wink:

shrodes
SS Life Member

Looks pretty good

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

MC Gusto wrote:Drake Huggins are you for real? Have you read the post?

CQ guessed the player based on the clue

Jaxons confirmed right away

What am I missing?

Perhaps we should ask CQ ??

This place is unbelievable
I give all credit to the clue given by Jaxons. I knew we once had interest in him before and think it was the most realistic chance we had of getting a potential KPD from what we could get (I hoped we get Haynes) but had Jaxons not confirmed I didnt have a clue.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

shrodes wrote:

Looks pretty good
Spud will love him .

darylcowie
Club Player

shrodes wrote:

Looks pretty good
For a second there I thought the Hawks had rolled over for us again this year, because Logan Austin's head bears an uncanny resemblance to Jaeger O'Meara's!

its time to make a name for yourself like you've never made before!
DJ Higgins
Club Player

Gershwin wrote:
DJ Higgins wrote:http://www.aflplayerratings.com.au/Rati ... gan-AUSTIN

says it all. Doesn't stand out at SAFL and not good enough for powers top 22. Only get him if it really cheap and as a back up player for injured players. I would rather not get another list clogger
You must be a glass half empty kind of guy. I can see plenty of positives there including "Given job on Cloke on debut and kept him goalless. Didn’t do anything wrong either." and "Kept Patton to one goal." and "Fine response to his demotion, helping himself to 22 disposals in big win over the Panthers." and "Undoubtedly Port’s defender on an otherwise disappointing day. Stood tall with nine marks and eight rebound 50s." (the last two were in the SANFL).
More a glass is too big kind of guy. Need to manage expectations. Happy we got him for next to nothing and he does add some much needed depth to our backline but needs some serious improvement & I completely stand by my comments Its easy to cheery pick comments to prove a point i.e. his second to last game Had no impact at all. or Big job on Pavlich and couldn’t handle it. Quiet afternoon. Had minimal influence. etc. but that is a little pointless. I never heard of him before this week, an I doubt most other people hadn't either & Port let him go for two fifths of f@%k all so they obvious don't rate him. Always happy to be proven wrong but been burnt too many times expecting average players to be good or even serviceable.

DJ Higgins
Club Player

Erase multiple post
Last edited by DJ Higgins on Fri 20 Oct 2017 6:32pm, edited 1 time in total.

DJ Higgins
Club Player

Erase multiple post
Last edited by DJ Higgins on Fri 20 Oct 2017 6:32pm, edited 1 time in total.

DJ Higgins
Club Player

Erase multiple post
Last edited by DJ Higgins on Fri 20 Oct 2017 6:31pm, edited 1 time in total.

DJ Higgins
Club Player

erase multiple post
Last edited by DJ Higgins on Fri 20 Oct 2017 6:30pm, edited 1 time in total.