What has Ameet/The Romans ever done for us?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Leo.J
SS Life Member

Re: What has Ameet/The Romans ever done for us?

Jacks Back wrote:
stevie wrote:The aqueduct?
And the sanitation!
Wine.

Drake Huggins
Club Player

"I know he hasn't raped anyone. Hasn't been involved in a scandal involving strippers or cocaine. So for a Saints employee - that is fairly impressive...."

That's gold, Con Gorozidis. Spat my coffee all over the keyboard!

"Is this the right room for an argument?"
"I told you once."
"No, you didn't."
"Yes, I did."
"Listen, an argument isn't just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says, it's a series of statements designed to support a particular conclusion."
"No, it isn't."
"Oh, I've had enough of this."
"No you haven't"
"Oh shut up."
degruch
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:I can assure people that the AFL industry is not even slightly impressed or envious of Ameet and co.
Sorry, I don't normally dredge up old posts...but this has to be the quote of the week! :lol:

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

degruch wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:I can assure people that the AFL industry is not even slightly impressed or envious of Ameet and co.
Sorry, I don't normally dredge up old posts...but this has to be the quote of the week! :lol:
But the Bulldogs were.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
minneapolis
Club Player

parkeysainter wrote:
degruch wrote:
"I very envious of St Kilda that they have that man working for them. I am so impressed with Ameet Bains I am going to ask him to run my beloved club" - President Gordon of the Western Bulldogs Football Club.

Nothing better than a good Dad Joke.
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Ameet is to be commended for a job well done at St.Kilda. Such a shame he couldn't leave us on a high not after reeling in a player with the caliber of a Josh Kelly.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

minneapolis wrote:
parkeysainter wrote:
degruch wrote:
"I very envious of St Kilda that they have that man working for them. I am so impressed with Ameet Bains I am going to ask him to run my beloved club" - President Gordon of the Western Bulldogs Football Club.
Yep.
Bulldogs r so envious of our 11th finish.

Bains is an AFL jobs for the boys appointment. A robot sent from HQ.

What has he done for us exactly?

Six years of mediocrity.

ace
Saintsational Legend

stevie wrote:The aqueduct?

And the sewer

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
Drake Huggins
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:
minneapolis wrote:
parkeysainter wrote:
degruch wrote:
Yep.

Six years of mediocrity.
He certainly left the joint better than he found it. I think some people don't realise how stuffed the place was during the Watters / Pelican years. He helped clean up a hell of a mess.

"Is this the right room for an argument?"
"I told you once."
"No, you didn't."
"Yes, I did."
"Listen, an argument isn't just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says, it's a series of statements designed to support a particular conclusion."
"No, it isn't."
"Oh, I've had enough of this."
"No you haven't"
"Oh shut up."
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Six years and zero finals appearances but deified like Martin Luther on here.
Amazing how powerful media spin can be on malleable minds.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Drake Huggins wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
minneapolis wrote:
parkeysainter wrote:
degruch wrote:
Yep.

Six years of mediocrity.
He certainly left the joint better than he found it. I think some people don't realise how stuffed the place was during the Watters / Pelican years. He helped clean up a hell of a mess.
I Agree. He is a competent administrator. No arguments.

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

From a player list point of view the proof is in the pudding. leaving aside reasons of why i have included all player movement under Bains aside from retirements/delistings:

players in: milera, saad, ross, markworth, newnes, webster, lever, maister, dunell, shenton, staley, minchington, lee, hickey, dennis-lane, wright, white, murdoch, saunders, pierce, savage, delaney, longer, bruce, billings, acres, dunstan, curran, templeton, weller, holmes, roberton, membrey, mccartin, goddard, mckenzie, lonie sinclair, payne, freeman, carlisle, gresham, white, rice, o'kearnan, coughlan, steele, stevens, long, battle, phillips, marshall

players out lynch, walsh, cripps, mcevoy, stanley, goddard, dal santo, gwilt,

Our final positions for those drafts were 7th, 9th, 16th, 18th, 14th, 9th.
So potentially 5 top ten draft picks, (3 top 5), and five very good second rounders in that time (without trading).
Have we improved our list under him given the picks we have had?
I think we've created a compeitive team, but not a top eight team. I feel the 2013 and 14 years will determine wether we have been successful - billings, dunstan, acres, bruce, roberton, membrey, mccartin, sinclair. we need them to come on. if not - we are in for a long wait. I'm hoping they'll lead the way.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Drake Huggins wrote: Wed 18 Oct 2017 12:57pm
Outstanding work, Mr. Pelican! Then, like a seagull, more than a pelican, he pissed off and left Ameet and trout to clean up the mess.
Bains started at StKilda before Pelchen and so was part of our list management before, during and after Pelchen.

Bains was part of a strategic review, alongside Chris Pelchen, which identified a need to rebuild the list along the lines of the successful Port Adelaide and Hawthorn blueprints. As Bains notes, “unless something dramatic happened, we were going to go into the wilderness for a period of time… Whilst the draft and other measures over time can help square things up, we needed to take a more proactive approach to transforming the list.

Well the Bains Transformation has been a bust.

Bains along with Trout are the two people most responsible for where our list is. Poor coaching and development have only made it worse.

They certainly inherited a list with issues and where recruiting has not been good for years, but as a whole they have made it worse. It also now lacks true guns and personalities. So not only is it not as good, but there is less charisma to our list taking the enjoyment out of watching games as well.

This coming trade/draft period will be our first some time free of both Bains and Trout.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....