Misogyny - AFL Style

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Darth Vader
Club Player

Misogyny - AFL Style

No real point to this, just find it interesting.

So 7 or 8 years ago a girl steals photos of naked players without their consent or knowledge, posts them on the internet, clearly showing their faces/identities, without their consent or knowledge, and this somehow gets reported as misogyny and terrible treatment of the girl and a sign of endemic poor treatment of women by the AFL.

Fast forward to now and a girl, who voluntarily dances naked in front of strange men for money on a regular basis, consents to having her photo taken by a player while naked, fully aware that the player is drunk, has that photo posted without her consent but without showing her face or revealing her identity, and this gets reported as misogyny and terrible treatment of the girl and a sign of endemic poor treatment of women by the AFL.

I think they broadly got it right this time but our players were shockingly mistreated last time.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Re: Misogyny - AFL Style

So what has Caroline Wilson written about the latest escapade?

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
starsign
Club Player

magnifisaint wrote:So what has Caroline Wilson written about the latest escapade?
Zilch because it’s her beloved Tigers and the bloody silence is deafening, the hypocrite!

spert
Saintsational Legend

I noticed in her articles about the matter, that she was very keen to divert any blame to the AFL. Very poor reporting.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

This proves that she's a bitch. She has absolutely no credibility.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
parkeysainter
SS Life Member

Darth Vader wrote:No real point to this, just find it interesting.

So 7 or 8 years ago a girl steals photos of naked players without their consent or knowledge, posts them on the internet, clearly showing their faces/identities, without their consent or knowledge, and this somehow gets reported as misogyny and terrible treatment of the girl and a sign of endemic poor treatment of women by the AFL.

Fast forward to now and a girl, who voluntarily dances naked in front of strange men for money on a regular basis, consents to having her photo taken by a player while naked, fully aware that the player is drunk, has that photo posted without her consent but without showing her face or revealing her identity, and this gets reported as misogyny and terrible treatment of the girl and a sign of endemic poor treatment of women by the AFL.

I think they broadly got it right this time but our players were shockingly mistreated last time.
The chick is just after more coin. It's quite obvious. She is a stripper for gods sake, her full time employment revolves around making money for herself by selling off her body to the highest bidder.

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
Darth Vader
Club Player

parkeysainter wrote:

The chick is just after more coin. It's quite obvious. She is a stripper for gods sake, her full time employment revolves around making money for herself by selling off her body to the highest bidder.
Yeah, it’s looking that way.

mullet
Saintsational Legend

If this was stkilda it would be "kulcha"

she did not give permission for the photo to be circulated . new laws now to prevent this. the player should be in trouble. different treatment for different teams. Caroline Wilson is a joke

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Darth Vader wrote:
parkeysainter wrote:

Complete boyish stupidity to pass the picture around and the player should get a severe reprimand.

The key issue is that the woman cannot be identified from the picture.

Viking3
Club Player

mullet wrote:If this was stkilda it would be "kulcha"

she did not give permission for the photo to be circulated . new laws now to prevent this. the player should be in trouble. different treatment for different teams. Caroline Wilson is a joke
Caro = correct

Treatment/Teams = 100% correct

Correct me if i'm wrong but at this moment all we have in way of evidence/proof that she asked him to delete it, is her version of events?
Player has already been found guilty, as per usual!

Give me one flag & I'll go to my grave a happy man.
Drake Huggins
Club Player

Oh, Darth! How dare you point out the obvious hypocrisy of our pc, third wave, neo-feminist loony, narrative. A girl, who remains anonymous, has been irreparably damaged? Consented to the photo, can't be identified, unlike Nick Dal Santo and Nick Riewoldt. Where was the outrage then? A shocking breach of privacy, quite apart from the fact that Kimmy STOLE the photographs, so should have been charged with theft. Of course, she's just a vulnerable teenager. So vulnerable she managed to orchestrate the blackmail of Ricky Nixon in a hotel room. An innocent? Hardly. Just part of the misandrist, man-hating agenda that blames men for every ill of society. The so-called "Respectful Relationships" program, being shown to primary school children around the state at the behest of Komrades Andrews and Merlino has this as its opening gambit. "Men need to recognise they are the cause of all violence in society." Marvellous.

"Is this the right room for an argument?"
"I told you once."
"No, you didn't."
"Yes, I did."
"Listen, an argument isn't just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says, it's a series of statements designed to support a particular conclusion."
"No, it isn't."
"Oh, I've had enough of this."
"No you haven't"
"Oh shut up."
saynta
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
Darth Vader wrote:
parkeysainter wrote:

Complete boyish stupidity to pass the picture around and the player should get a severe reprimand.

More than stupidity. It's actually unlawful and the player should be charged. The insults/blaming directed towards the girl in this thread is most unbecoming of those posters.

Kimmy, I hold in contempt on the other hand. D/H is quite correct.....again. :wink:

Proph3t of egan
Club Player

saynta wrote:
bigcarl wrote:
Darth Vader wrote:
parkeysainter wrote:

More than stupidity. It's actually unlawful and the player should be charged. The insults/blaming directed towards the girl in this thread is most unbecoming of those posters.

Kimmy, I hold in contempt on the other hand. D/H is quite correct.....again. :wink:
So far most of the comments have actually been pointing out the hypocrisy of the media when it comes to the illegal distribution of private photographs, that's not to day a couple havent toed the line

In my.opinion, the Richmond player in question should be identified to everyone and scrutinised in the public sphere, just as that woman's breasts were

Fortius quo Fidelius means Strength through Loyalty. . . I think
Drake Huggins
Club Player

If the girl was identified, I would agree. She would have every right to be offended, wronged and would have a strong case for compensation. Fact is, she's not identified and won't be unless she chooses to be. The player involved should get a decent slap for acting stupidly, and his behaviour ran the ragged edge of danger, but in the end, she remains largely anonymous. Storm in a C cup.

"Is this the right room for an argument?"
"I told you once."
"No, you didn't."
"Yes, I did."
"Listen, an argument isn't just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says, it's a series of statements designed to support a particular conclusion."
"No, it isn't."
"Oh, I've had enough of this."
"No you haven't"
"Oh shut up."