Lever

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Re: Lever

Lever is a good prospect, but far from proven as a key position player. Melbourne should have moved Watts to the backline and saved themselves two first round picks.

Drake Huggins
Club Player

Re: Lever

bigcarl wrote:Lever is a good prospect, but far from proven as a key position player. Melbourne should have moved Watts to the backline and saved themselves two first round picks.
I couldn't help think that as well, bigcarl. Goodwin obviously wants to send a message to the rest of the group, but Watts' best is very good. Surprisingly, he is rated as elite for pressure acts inside forward 50, is an elite kick, moves well and can take a decent grab. I'd certainly take him for the right price, late second rounder or similar, if we managed to scrape one up, somehow. He'd be a bargain at that price and now he's had a kick up the arse, his attitude might improve. Lever is a great prospect, but he's not a gun yet. Two first round picks? Unless this is part of a wider strategy, I think they've paid too much.

"Is this the right room for an argument?"
"I told you once."
"No, you didn't."
"Yes, I did."
"Listen, an argument isn't just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says, it's a series of statements designed to support a particular conclusion."
"No, it isn't."
"Oh, I've had enough of this."
"No you haven't"
"Oh shut up."