They will all learn

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

They will all learn

Postby saintbrat » Mon 09 Oct 2017 8:23pm

do Not get into wrangling with Essendon- they are awful to deal with
https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/essend ... de076d0264


BUt- they will get it all??
Essendon’s football chief Rob Kerr said on Monday that the Dons had “a strategy” that would enable them to land Stringer, Smith and Saad without giving up young utility and 2015 Pick 5 Aaron Francis, who has asked for a trade back to a South Australian club.
StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly......Contributing to the needs of Saints!!
Image
MEMBERSHIP 2014- 31,134 viewtopic.php?f=1&t=83276
Membership 2015 32,746 viewtopic.php?f=1&t=87701&hilit=membership+2015
MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101 viewtopic.php?f=1&t=89838&p=1585759#p1585759
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 viewtopic.php?f=1&t=91699
User avatar
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 43845
Joined: Tue 09 Mar 2004 4:11pm
Location: saints zone

Re: They will all learn

Postby Drake Huggins » Mon 09 Oct 2017 8:44pm

In his dreams. The Essendope tactic is to be a complete dick in negotiations, give nothing, demand everything and then wait for the other side to crack. Worked a treat with Carlisle, didn't it? I think their well-deserved reputation for being the worst club to deal with will surely start to bite. Sheedy used to delight in stuffing opposition clubs around. The tradition continues. People have long memories, especially in an industry as incestuous as the AFL.
"Is this the right room for an argument?"
"I told you once."
"No, you didn't."
"Yes, I did."
"Listen, an argument isn't just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says, it's a series of statements designed to support a particular conclusion."
"No, it isn't."
"Oh, I've had enough of this."
"No you haven't"
"Oh shut up."
User avatar
Drake Huggins
Club Player
 
Posts: 352
Joined: Wed 04 Oct 2017 4:28pm
Location: The G.G. Huggins Stand

Re: They will all learn

Postby parkeysainter » Mon 09 Oct 2017 10:07pm

Essendon are the most arrogant club at this time of year. They will really struggle to land all 3 players they want being right royal tightarses. I would love it if another club swoops in late and steals one of these guys. I don't know where Essendon get it from....it must be the 80's big 4 arrogance and superiority mentality in play again. When was the last time they won a final?

A club like Hawthorn on the other hand are great to deal with at this time of year.
Bring back Phil Narkle's helmet into fashion
User avatar
parkeysainter
Club Player
 
Posts: 775
Joined: Thu 20 Jul 2017 2:59am

Re: They will all learn

Postby saintspremiers » Tue 10 Oct 2017 6:12am

Bunch of drug cheating scum.

I really hope they get Stringer and pay overs for him.

He's a perfect fit for them, and will like to mix his young girls and drugs. I bet he wishes Nixon was still in he game. Match made in heaven!
i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 23468
Joined: Tue 01 Feb 2005 4:25pm
Location: Trump Tower

Re: They will all learn

Postby Drake Huggins » Tue 10 Oct 2017 7:27am

parkeysainter wrote:Essendon are the most arrogant club at this time of year. They will really struggle to land all 3 players they want being right royal tightarses. I would love it if another club swoops in late and steals one of these guys. I don't know where Essendon get it from....it must be the 80's big 4 arrogance and superiority mentality in play again. When was the last time they won a final?

A club like Hawthorn on the other hand are great to deal with at this time of year.


It all started with Sheedy, ps. Absolute prick, who delighted in changing his mind, making false promises etc.. I'll be surprised if they get all three.
"Is this the right room for an argument?"
"I told you once."
"No, you didn't."
"Yes, I did."
"Listen, an argument isn't just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says, it's a series of statements designed to support a particular conclusion."
"No, it isn't."
"Oh, I've had enough of this."
"No you haven't"
"Oh shut up."
User avatar
Drake Huggins
Club Player
 
Posts: 352
Joined: Wed 04 Oct 2017 4:28pm
Location: The G.G. Huggins Stand

Re: They will all learn

Postby Drake Huggins » Tue 10 Oct 2017 7:37am

And while I'm at it, they have Rob Kerr (Derr was his nickname when he worked at the PA :) ) as their footy chief. I hope he does as good a job at the dopers as he did as list manager at Brisbane. Lost player after player and rode that list to the bottom. They're still recovering. Here's doping, I mean hoping he works his peculiar brand of magic at the bummers.
"Is this the right room for an argument?"
"I told you once."
"No, you didn't."
"Yes, I did."
"Listen, an argument isn't just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says, it's a series of statements designed to support a particular conclusion."
"No, it isn't."
"Oh, I've had enough of this."
"No you haven't"
"Oh shut up."
User avatar
Drake Huggins
Club Player
 
Posts: 352
Joined: Wed 04 Oct 2017 4:28pm
Location: The G.G. Huggins Stand

Re: They will all learn

Postby ctqs » Tue 10 Oct 2017 8:52am

It's amazing how many people are surprised when I tell them we've played in more grand finals than that mob over the last 20 years.
Still waiting for closure ... if you get my drift.
User avatar
ctqs
Club Player
 
Posts: 1024
Joined: Tue 20 Apr 2004 12:00am

Re: They will all learn

Postby spert » Tue 10 Oct 2017 8:58am

ctqs wrote:It's amazing how many people are surprised when I tell them we've played in more grand finals than that mob over the last 20 years.

Maybe we're just too nice
spert
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 6787
Joined: Wed 29 Jun 2005 10:39pm
Location: A distant beach

Re: They will all learn

Postby degruch » Tue 10 Oct 2017 9:02am

Essendon’s football chief Rob Kerr said on Monday that the Dons had “a strategy” that would enable them to land Stringer, Smith and Saad without giving up young utility and 2015 Pick 5 Aaron Francis, who has asked for a trade back to a South Australian club.


Should ring alarm bells already, shouldn't it? And what 'strategy' would that be? An off-the-books 'strategy' perhaps?

Interesting that Nick Bowden (I think) published an article on afl.com.au about the Dons woeful trading history, how much they need to trade in experienced talent, and how they need to reverse the trend of agents and clubs encouraging players to look elsewhere as a result. It would be absolute gold to see their 'strategies' of the past 20 years completely unravel on them to keep the club middling for decades.
SaintPav wrote:It's a cliche now piss off you snot nose ignoramus.
User avatar
degruch
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 7716
Joined: Mon 19 May 2008 4:29pm
Location: Sunny Doncaster

Re: They will all learn

Postby saynta » Tue 10 Oct 2017 9:52am

Drake Huggins wrote:
parkeysainter wrote:Essendon are the most arrogant club at this time of year. They will really struggle to land all 3 players they want being right royal tightarses. I would love it if another club swoops in late and steals one of these guys. I don't know where Essendon get it from....it must be the 80's big 4 arrogance and superiority mentality in play again. When was the last time they won a final?

A club like Hawthorn on the other hand are great to deal with at this time of year.


It all started with Sheedy, ps. Absolute prick, who delighted in changing his mind, making false promises etc.. I'll be surprised if they get all three.


Yep, an absolute prick. that was my opinion after talking to him a couple of times.
saynta
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 5039
Joined: Wed 10 Mar 2004 3:53pm


Return to Saintsational Fan Forum (open to all ages)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], barneyboyz, Bing [Bot], DJ Higgins, J-Boy061979, minneapolis, parkeysainter, Selhurst Saint, Wayne42 and 24 guests