Completed Trades, all clubs

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Re: Completed Trades, all clubs

A game of chess

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Motlop has just been reported by the Age as joining Port.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

saintsRrising wrote:Motlop has just been reported by the Age as joining Port.
Bit surprised but...
What do Geelong get and in turn what do they then pass on to Suns?

Seeya
shrodes
SS Life Member

Bulldogs get Crozier, 2018 4th round
Dockers get pick 40, 82

Motlop papers have been sent in for move to Port

-----

Non-final: Brisbane have offered pick 19 for Charlie Cameron from the Crows.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Every year the media say it's going to be a huge trade week...busiest ever etc etc.
Every year there are very few trades.
Players don't move club all that often.
There is still quite a bit of loyalty from players in the AFL compared with other codes. I think it is a good thing.

Drake Huggins
Club Player

They'll only get a compo pick for Motflop. Based on a number of things, mainly the size of the contract he's been offered by the Power. Probably a second rounder, methinks.

"Is this the right room for an argument?"
"I told you once."
"No, you didn't."
"Yes, I did."
"Listen, an argument isn't just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says, it's a series of statements designed to support a particular conclusion."
"No, it isn't."
"Oh, I've had enough of this."
"No you haven't"
"Oh shut up."
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Drake Huggins wrote:They'll only get a compo pick for Motflop. Based on a number of things, mainly the size of the contract he's been offered by the Power. Probably a second rounder, methinks.
Good call, since The Age announced two hours ago that they’ll be getting second round pick 35. Not enough to get Watts!

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Drake Huggins
Club Player

Bernard Shakey wrote:
Drake Huggins wrote:They'll only get a compo pick for Motflop. Based on a number of things, mainly the size of the contract he's been offered by the Power. Probably a second rounder, methinks.
Good call, since The Age announced two hours ago that they’ll be getting second round pick 35. Not enough to get Watts!
My sincerest apologies. I wasn't aware The Age had published that, but it was hardly a surprise in that every journo going has speculated that Motflop would be likely to attract a second rounder. I'm glad you take a special interest in my posts. It's like having my very own sub-editor and critic. I'm flattered.

"I told you once."
"No, you didn't."
"Yes, I did."
"Listen, an argument isn't just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says, it's a series of statements designed to support a particular conclusion."
"No, it isn't."
"No you haven't"
"Oh shut up."
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Drake Huggins wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:
My sincerest apologies. I wasn't aware The Age had published that, but it was hardly a surprise in that every journo going has speculated that Motflop would be likely to attract a second rounder. I'm glad you take a special interest in my posts. It's like having my very own sub-editor and critic. I'm flattered.

Love it. :D :D :roll:

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Drake Huggins wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:
I as a rule never pot fellow posters, but as you’ve claimed the high ground, after taking into account what every journo thought, you all got it wrong. Don’t go making out you’re a know all. It usually comes back to bite you on the arse!

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Drake Huggins
Club Player

Who's making out to be a know all? I posted an opinion. Settle down, Chumley, bumley. That chip on your shoulder is turning into a log. We all got it wrong. Indeed. Including you.

"I told you once."
"No, you didn't."
"Yes, I did."
"No, it isn't."
"No you haven't"
"Oh shut up."
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Drake Huggins wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:
Sorry but the Cats are a struggling club with hardly any recent success and so the AFL has decided to give them a hand. Pick 19 !!!!

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Saad to Essendon

reading his reasons for wanting to go to them ( or only club with options)

I thought back to Basher Houli- who felt unsupported by the bombers???

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:Saad to Essendon

reading his reasons for wanting to go to them ( or only club with options)

I thought back to Basher Houli- who felt unsupported by the bombers???
and the stock standard new player quote--" they have a good culture"

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
saynta
Saintsational Legend

1 hour ago

SAINTS OUT?

ROBBO has made some calls and it seems St Kilda's uneventful trade period is set to continue.

The Saints had been in the market for GWS pair Adam Tomlinson and Devon Smith.

But the club has missed the pair and will now sniff around any available tall defenders before heading to the national draft - armed with two picks inside the top 10.

From Robbo at the hun.

shrodes
SS Life Member

Watts to Port for pick 31.

Bit of a bargain I reckon, I would have been happy to offer up similar value as I reckon he could be a very handy player with a change of environment.

ss1986
Club Player

shrodes wrote:Watts to Port for pick 31.

Bit of a bargain I reckon, I would have been happy to offer up similar value as I reckon he could be a very handy player with a change of environment.
Disgrace we didn't chase him. If he goes on to play good footy, I'll be more furious than I am now, and I'm not even sure that is possible. One of the most mismanaged players of the modern era. I'm almost certain he'll flourish at Port.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Agree.

At Pick 31 it would be hard to lose. Morseo as we lack players with hs finishing skills.

Though the upside could be very good.

At 26 yrs 6 months for a bigger player he is entering his prime years and so is a good get for Port.

Rosco
Club Player

We didn't have anything between 8 and 40-odd, wouldn't want to downgrade 7 or 8.

Also, where would he play?

SoopaSaint
Club Player

Bains says: “That type of player hasn’t changed clubs during this period, there have been a whole range of other players, and as a result of that we haven’t wanted to do anything rash. “It’s a balancing act, your fans get restless that on the surface you haven’t done anything, but at the same time our fans would be flat if we just went out and spent money and picks on guys that weren’t the absolute need that we feel would elevate us to the next level. “What that means is that we have picks seven and eight in the draft and there are a range of players in that top group that fit our needs. “We’re really comfortable and excited about going to the draft with those picks unless something dramatic happens in the next couple of days.”
When he could have just said - "We have failed!"

spert
Saintsational Legend

Whatever happens, just recruit the best available talent- not works in progress.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

SoopaSaint wrote:Bains says: “That type of player hasn’t changed clubs during this period, there have been a whole range of other players, and as a result of that we haven’t wanted to do anything rash. “It’s a balancing act, your fans get restless that on the surface you haven’t done anything, but at the same time our fans would be flat if we just went out and spent money and picks on guys that weren’t the absolute need that we feel would elevate us to the next level. “What that means is that we have picks seven and eight in the draft and there are a range of players in that top group that fit our needs. “We’re really comfortable and excited about going to the draft with those picks unless something dramatic happens in the next couple of days.”
When he could have just said - "We have failed!"
"

Failed?? He makes sense to me.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

ss1986 wrote:

Disgrace we didn't chase him. If he goes on to play good footy, I'll be more furious than I am now, and I'm not even sure that is possible. One of the most mismanaged players of the modern era. I'm almost certain he'll flourish at Port.

I'm positive that he won't " flourish at Port " and far from it being a " disgrace " that we didn't chase him, I for one commend the club for refusing to panic into adopting a " pick up someone- anyone " tactic. Because as sure as night follows day, those same folk who are screaming for us to recruit someone with Watts' "pedigree"(?!?!) will be screaming for the recruiters' blood should that trade go pear shaped. Cool heads, strong nerve! Keep up the good work Mr Bains.

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
Drake Huggins
Club Player

Chasing GOPs and paying them way over the odds is a high risk, low benefit strategy. The fact that one of our direct opponents is willing to offload him for a pick in the 30s is nature's way of saying, "Don't touch". My son knows Jack. He's a nice lad but has a pretty ambivalent attitude to an AFL career that could set him up for life. He is already independently wealthy, with loads of business interests and income streams. No desperation there. He just doesn't have a fanatical love of the game. That's a worry. Prefer others.

"I told you once."
"No, you didn't."
"Yes, I did."
"No, it isn't."
"No you haven't"
"Oh shut up."