Talia a Sainter?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

Talia a Sainter?

Just to confirm what I posted late last night. I reckon its a pretty good move. He can play. Maybe a steadying influence in Melbourne will get him on the right path.

http://m.afl.com.au/news/2017-10-05/sai ... swan-talia

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
Proph3t of egan
Club Player

Re: Talia a Sainter?

Our last key defender that has had some drug controversy has done alright, why not give it another go

Fortius quo Fidelius means Strength through Loyalty. . . I think
saint-stu
Club Player

Bains didn't deny it. It sounds very likely. Had quite a few issues but is 23 and 194cm. Probably hasn't reached his potential yet and should be very cheap.

Third time lucky. Hopefully the saints can straighten him out. Surely his last chance. It worked out well with Michael Gardiner and now Jakey.

1ac46a38
parkeysainter
SS Life Member

Proph3t of egan wrote:Our last key defender that has had some drug controversy has done alright, why not give it another go
Talia went off the rails a bit but we need another 1-2 tall defenders. He can definately play and was very promising at the Bulldogs. He got shafted by them.

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
Proph3t of egan
Club Player

parkeysainter wrote:
Proph3t of egan wrote:Our last key defender that has had some drug controversy has done alright, why not give it another go
Talia went off the rails a bit but we need another 1-2 tall defenders. He can definately play and was very promising at the Bulldogs. He got shafted by them.
As long as we keep him on the straight and narrow, he's a young key defender we can pick up for nothing.

Could be added to our list of successful delisted free agents

Fortius quo Fidelius means Strength through Loyalty. . . I think
ss1986
Club Player

The last decision we made NOT to take a drug fiend when we could have, cost us a premiership.

He's in jail now, but we're still in premiership purgatory.

I'd be happy for us to take on anyone if it means just winning a bloody flag so I can die peacefully.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

saint-stu wrote:Bains didn't deny it. It sounds very likely. Had quite a few issues but is 23 and 194cm. .
Footywire and the Swans list him as 192cm.

Not against him as long as he costs bugga all and preferably as a rookie pick.

If a DFA, what is the minimum commitment in years?

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

I dont care about the drugs or the textgate scandal.

What is the evidence that he can actually play?
He looks slow to me.
Gardner was AA at 21 so not a good comparison.
Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Thu 05 Oct 2017 1:01pm, edited 1 time in total.

The_President
Club Player

Is this the same guy that leaked the Bulldogs gameplan to his brother when they versed Adelaide in a final a few years ago?

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

He'd know he's on his last chance.

Seeing his brother succeed would be fairly motivating.

Dogs fans were very keen on him up until the leaking debacle. The trade to Sydney didn't work out for various reasons.

Be a pretty decent back-up option in the advent Nathan Brown breaks down, which is always a possibility.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

Obviously recommended by Henry Playfair and will be a good money ball pickup who will add depth and keep pressure on Brown & Goddard.

loris
Saintsational Legend

The_President wrote:Is this the same guy that leaked the Bulldogs gameplan to his brother when they versed Adelaide in a final a few years ago?
Yes. And snorts coke....... wonderful traits.

Why couldn’t he get a game with Sydney when they were decimated with injuries, especially in their backline earlier this season???

Sounds a champion footballer and a champion bloke. NOT

The only couple of games I saw him play with Bulldogs, he’s treacle slow and has the turning circle of the Queen Mary. Like the Queen Mary it’s no wonder he’s been decommissioned!

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

If the bloke costs nothing, and doesn't get paid a Kings ransom in wages, THEN... it may be worth a punt, if only to have back up/ competition for our current backline. Whilst I don't want the Saints to be seen as a " rehab centre " it may just be worth it if the bloke can get his act together. But I'm also mindful of Loris' pertinent remarks, so it needs to be VERY carefully done.

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
Munga
Saintsational Legend

Impatient Sainter wrote:Obviously recommended by Henry Playfair and will be a good money ball pickup who will add depth and keep pressure on Brown & Goddard.
Well if Henry gives him the tick, he'd know better than anyone

Gehrig emerged from scans yesterday saying he was "as sweet as a bun"
MickThomas
Club Player

loris wrote:
The_President wrote:Is this the same guy that leaked the Bulldogs gameplan to his brother when they versed Adelaide in a final a few years ago?

Why couldn’t he get a game with Sydney when they were decimated with injuries, especially in their backline earlier this season???

The only couple of games I saw him play with Bulldogs, he’s treacle slow and has the turning circle of the Queen Mary. Like the Queen Mary it’s no wonder he’s been decommissioned!
Queen Mary tag was attached to Hugh and NJB as well...

Any danger we could get a defender that's sort of athletic?
Like Rance or Rampe?

2020 was an aberration, when we travelled twice to Adelaide and won both, beat Tigers early, beat our bogey Swans. 2021 we've returned to our old ways. Damn
Drake Huggins
Club Player

So we're down to the fish that John West rejects.

"Is this the right room for an argument?"
"I told you once."
"No, you didn't."
"Yes, I did."
"Listen, an argument isn't just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says, it's a series of statements designed to support a particular conclusion."
"No, it isn't."
"Oh, I've had enough of this."
"No you haven't"
"Oh shut up."
Drake Huggins
Club Player

MickThomas wrote:
loris wrote:

Queen Mary tag was attached to Hugh and NJB as well...

Any danger we could get a defender that's sort of athletic?
Like Rance or Rampe?
Nick Haynes? Haven't heard much on this, except from Jaxsons. Would be handy, but he's contracted so GWS holds the whip hand. I'd think they'd be reluctant to lose one of their best 22, but he'd be a great acquisition.

"Is this the right room for an argument?"
"I told you once."
"No, you didn't."
"Yes, I did."
"Listen, an argument isn't just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says, it's a series of statements designed to support a particular conclusion."
"No, it isn't."
"Oh, I've had enough of this."
"No you haven't"
"Oh shut up."
saint-stu
Club Player

saintsRrising wrote:
saint-stu wrote:Bains didn't deny it. It sounds very likely. Had quite a few issues but is 23 and 194cm. .
Footywire and the Swans list him as 192cm.

Not against him as long as he costs bugga all and preferably as a rookie pick.

If a DFA, what is the minimum commitment in years?
I wonder which is correct? Wikipedia, google and afltables all have 194cm. Perhaps he was 192cm when drafted and grew?

1ac46a38
parkeysainter
SS Life Member

To clarify. Talia got traded out of the Dogs post 2015 because they thought he leaked info to his brother in Adelaide. It turned out to be BS and the AFL cleared him. He had his best year that year and had a bright future. First game for the Swans in 2016 Rd 1 he got a bad foot injury which ruined most of his season.

Yep, he also got caught with cocaine in Sydney last year. Not a good look and he's just a player that got caught with drugs as where many others haven't over the years. Think all of the above screwed him over a bit and living interstate.

We need cover at FB and CHB as Goddard is injured. After Carlisle and Brown we have no one at all on our list. He could be handy and would cost nothing.

Gershwin
Club Player

thejiggingsaint wrote:If the bloke costs nothing, and doesn't get paid a Kings ransom in wages, THEN... it may be worth a punt, if only to have back up/ competition for our current backline. Whilst I don't want the Saints to be seen as a " rehab centre " it may just be worth it if the bloke can get his act together. But I'm also mindful of Loris' pertinent remarks, so it needs to be VERY carefully done.
All we have to do is draft him - before somebody else does. But if he says he wants to go to us then most clubs won't bother so we would take him with a late pick. Would then be put on minimum contract. Was found not guilty of the leaking information charge. Has one strike for drug use so needs to keep his nose clean - pun intended. Has played some very good games beating Kennedy (WCE) and J.Riewoldt according to this site:
http://www.aflplayerratings.com.au/Rati ... hael-TALIA

summertime and the living is easy ........
outside66
Club Player

We don't have to draft him, we can sign him up in the delisted free agency period. All he needs to do is choose us. I'd be pretty happy with him, and if he comes on board then there's every chance that he overtakes Browny as our number 1 fullback.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

considering our to top picks for a discard defender ? crazy

diddley
Club Player

The Fireman wrote:considering our to top picks for a discard defender ? crazy
No. Picking him up off the delisted FA list. He would come to us for nothing but the wages we would pay him. And at this point, it wouldn’t be all that much.

I see it as a good way to go. KPD depth, and costs nothing to our trade and draft stocks. It’s a win-win. If he succeeds, then we are geniuses. If he doesn’t, then cost us nothing. He is the right age for the team, and just needs to be steered in the right direction. If he doesn’t want to cooperate, then kick him out.

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Crazy post, this.
loris wrote:
I'd say about 65% of players have tried cocaine. Off-season is a free-for-all. About 20% are into it semi-regularly.

He got done in Sydney because there's a massive crackdown on the Double Bay area (Socceroo Mitch Nichols was pinged a few months ago at Casablanca, a nearby club).

It was stupid and dumb of Talia but I reckon he'd be too fearful to ever do it again.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

evertonfc wrote:
Crazy post, this.
loris wrote:
I'd say about 65% of players have tried cocaine. Off-season is a free-for-all. About 20% are into it semi-regularly.

He got done in Sydney because there's a massive crackdown on the Double Bay area (Socceroo Mitch Nichols was pinged a few months ago at Casablanca, a nearby club).

It was stupid and dumb of Talia but I reckon he'd be too fearful to ever do it again.
Agreed. AFL followers are delusional if they think not many players don't partake in this stuff. I've seen it first hand. I still remember a very well paid and high profile Full Forward from the 2000's era trying to sell a bag full of ecstasy tablets at a local pub one night. He was not from the Saints either.

Hopefully Talia will pull his head in and make the most of it if given the chance.