Paddy Ryder charged with assaulting police

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

loris
Saintsational Legend

Paddy Ryder charged with assaulting police

Story on AFL.com about Paddy Ryder charged with assaulting police outside a nightclub in Adelaide........... so you ask what has that got to do with the Saints?

Well the poor old Saints have to get a mention in the article :shock:

No, no, don't be concerned posters. A Saint wasnt involved. However the media have always got a way to blend a negative about the Saints into a story. The article goes on to mention Ryder's classic bit of ruckwork that deliver the ball to Robbie Gray who ran in and kicked the goal that denied us victory in the final seconds against Port Power

I wonder how many misdemeanours by players from other Clubs this off season can somehow have the innocent, hapless Saints woven into the story???

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

Re: Paddy Ryder charged with assaulting police

loris wrote:Story on AFL.com about Paddy Ryder charged with assaulting police outside a nightclub in Adelaide........... so you ask what has that got to do with the Saints?

No, no, don't be concerned posters. A Saint wasnt involved. However the media have always got a way to blend a negative about the Saints into a story. The article goes on to mention Ryder's classic bit of ruckwork that deliver the ball to Robbie Gray who ran in and kicked the goal that denied us victory in the final seconds against Port Power

I wonder how many misdemeanours by players from other Clubs this off season can somehow have the innocent, hapless Saints woven into the story???
Depending on how bad it was, he will potentially face jail time for assaulting an emergency worker if that is the case. Krakeour and Impey got in the crap this year also. There is a bad culture at Port it seems...imagine the meltdown if this was the Saints!

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

parkeysainter wrote:
loris wrote:Story on AFL.com about Paddy Ryder charged with assaulting police outside a nightclub in Adelaide........... so you ask what has that got to do with the Saints?

Depending on how bad it was, he will potentially face jail time for assaulting an emergency worker if that is the case. Krakeour and Impey got in the crap this year also. There is a bad culture at Port it seems...imagine the meltdown if this was the Saints!
Don't worry about that, parkey. Caro's WAY too busy celebrating her Tigers flag win at the moment. :lol:

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:
parkeysainter wrote:

Don't worry about that, parkey. Caro's WAY too busy celebrating her Tigers flag win at the moment. :lol:
Just hope she didn't get into the change rooms and try and give the players a peck on the cheek

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
SaintJohn1956
Club Player

Yes - I'm wondering why the Paddy Ryder and Jake Stringer stories aren't on the front page with Club Logos front and centre.

Saint John
parkeysainter
SS Life Member

thejiggingsaint wrote:
parkeysainter wrote:

True mate. At least we don't have to put up with 'Caro's Arrow' anymore!!

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
IanRush
SS Hall of Fame

That Essendon 2012 team, seriously.

USELESS FACT: The WADA case against Essendon (in Sydney as well) is exactly 10 years to the day that Australia qualified for the 2006 FIFA World Cup.
satchmo
Saintsational Legend

The MRP have determined that there is no case to answer.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
Waltzing St Kilda
SS Hall of Fame

SaintJohn1956 wrote:Yes - I'm wondering why the Paddy Ryder and Jake Stringer stories aren't on the front page with Club Logos front and centre.
Good point. night after night with the St Kilda shield attached to the word SCANDAL.
Most of which stories turned out to be FAKE NEWS.
Damage done, though. No apologies.

ace
Saintsational Legend

parkeysainter wrote:

Koch will use his TV appearances to show what a wonderful character Ryder has and explain that it was due to the after affects of being forced to take Thymosin Beta $ by Essendon. The magistrate selected for being a loyal Port supporter will repeat whatever Koch says and give Ryder a medal for his service in making St Kilda's midfield look like a complete bunch of zombies (factually true) with his set play to Robbie Gray.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
parkeysainter
SS Life Member

Pretty simple. If you resist and/or assault an emergency worker putting their life on the line for the public every day - copper, paramedic, etc. then you should do jail time - AFL star or not also. God this country is soft.

Where is Kochy? I know they can't speak because its a police matter but where are you? Kochy = the self made and always right global warming, political and financial guru for daytime free to air TV morons.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

As long as Saints players aren't getting into trouble off the field, I'm more than happy for the press to say what they like about them when they're on the field.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
MickThomas
Club Player

What a proper sub-editor would have done, is change the title to:

"Paddy charged with assaulting police"
and then 400-500 people would desperately click on the story to find out why McCartin might be in strife...

see, that's how to make proper clickbait.

2020 was an aberration, when we travelled twice to Adelaide and won both, beat Tigers early, beat our bogey Swans. 2021 we've returned to our old ways. Damn