Luke Dahlhaus

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Gershwin
Club Player

Luke Dahlhaus

AFL Trade Whisperer‏ :
"Saints have sounded out the management of Luke Dahlhaus to gauge interest in joining the club in 2018."

summertime and the living is easy ........
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Re: Luke Dahlhaus

Gershwin wrote:AFL Trade Whisperer‏ :
"Saints have sounded out the management of Luke Dahlhaus to gauge interest in joining the club in 2018."
Gawd. :oops:

Gershwin
Club Player

and further:
"And that's not all...#AFL
I can also confirm that the Saints are prepared to trade both first round picks in the pursuit of a class marquee midfielder #AFL #whispers
So, who are the Saints targeting?
Do I know?
Yes.
Will it cause Twitter to go into meltdown?
Absolutely.
#AFL #whispers #WhispyLeaks
AFL Trade Whisperer "

Just sharing the gossip.

summertime and the living is easy ........
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

We have probably sounded out of the interest of twenty players.
So we called his manager. Big s***s.
People here think because we call a player manager then we are going to get the player.
Jesus Christ. Grow up.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Gershwin wrote:and further:
I can also confirm that the Saints are prepared to trade both first round picks in the pursuit of a class marquee midfielder #AFL #whispers
Do I know?
Yes.
Absolutely.
AFL Trade Whisperer "

Just sharing the gossip.
The club is full of morons.
We have so little faith in the recruitment staff we are desperate to give our picks away for some average players.
We have no plan.
We are in a panic.

GregPackhamsHeadband
Club Player

Calm down, everyone. We don't appear to be in the race for anyone at the minute. If they end up giving away 7 & 8 for Dalhaus and Gaff then we may as well stop all the clocks and sweep up the woods, because nothing after that will come to any good.

I think you're pretty tough, don't I?
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Gershwin wrote:AFL Trade Whisperer‏ :
You do understand that the AFL Trade Whisperer‏ has 100% no credibility. Has been shown to just make up s*** year in year out.

Mind you if you make up enough stuff then some has to be correct.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
sasaint
Club Player

saintsRrising wrote:
Gershwin wrote:AFL Trade Whisperer‏ has 100% no credibility. Has been shown to just make up s*** year in year out.
So I am now able to expose who the Whisperer is... it's Donald Trump

Patience young grasshopper
Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

Con Gorozidis wrote:
Do I know?
Yes.
Absolutely.
AFL Trade Whisperer "

Just sharing the gossip.
We have so little faith in the recruitment staff we are desperate to give our picks away for some average players.
We have no plan.
We are in a panic.
So go give your membership dollars to someone more deserving. Christ you're monotonous. You drone on and on and on about how f***ed up and worthless we are as a club in every single way imaginable. You do this unfailingly in every single post with which you burden this place. I have come to the conclusion that you are not happy unless you have something to whinge about. You remind me of the prison guard character in "The Shawshank Redemption" who was bemoaning his misfortune at discovering he had inherited money from a long lost uncle.

The trade period has not started and the club had not officially announced anything at all about our targets or strategy for the trade and draft period. Remarkably, despite that, you are still able to criticize, wait for it, nothing at all !!

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
parkeysainter
SS Life Member

Still plenty of water to pass under the bridge this trade period Saints fans.

Until something is official, it is what it is. Just rumours, talks and discussion.

I have faith in the club and Ameet 'The Operator' Bains.

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

True Believer wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
Do I know?
Yes.
Absolutely.
AFL Trade Whisperer "

Just sharing the gossip.
We have no plan.
We are in a panic.
So go give your membership dollars to someone more deserving. Christ you're monotonous. You drone on and on and on about how f***ed up and worthless we are as a club in every single way imaginable. You do this unfailingly in every single post with which you burden this place. I have come to the conclusion that you are not happy unless you have something to whinge about. You remind me of the prison guard character in "The Shawshank Redemption" who was bemoaning his misfortune at discovering he had inherited money from a long lost uncle.

The trade period has not started and the club had not officially announced anything at all about our targets or strategy for the trade and draft period. Remarkably, despite that, you are still able to criticize, wait for it, nothing at all !!
Firstly the club is bigger than the current employees.

Secondly I have plenty of positive posts.
The Steele trade was a good one. As was the Hawks draft pick trade.

I'm bullish on Ross, Billings, Acres, Marshall, Steele, Sinclair, White and a few others. So it's not all doom and gloom.

I just find it ridiculous that to fit in on here you have to say all the staff are geniuses and all the players are stars or future stars. I just prefer to base my opinion on fact and observations rather than blind hope, unbridled optimism and fantasy.

Are you trying to bully me out? You want to only allow positive posters who repeat the company line and spin?

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

Not tryiong to bully anyone.

You picked out what, three items that were any good, by your estaimation, to counter the following, massively sweeping, generalisations:

"The club is full of morons.
We have no plan.
We are in a panic."

Those statements were made despite any evidence that we have attempted to do anything yet !!

I don't expect rainbows and unicorns and Koolaid drinking, but to try and assert that the above statement is balanced is delusional.

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Just seems odd we have come out saying we want to offload our two top ten picks.
Reeks of desperation.

Junior
Club Player

Did I miss the press release from the club stating we are trading our top ten picks?

A champion team will always beat a team of champions.
KingSaint
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:Just seems odd we have come out saying we want to offload our two top ten picks.
Reeks of desperation.
So who has said we are trading picks 7 & 8 and who are we trading them for? I would hope that if you are going our recruitment staff morons, as bad as that is, it would at least be based on some decision they had actually made.

saint-stu
Club Player

I thought Richo said we would take the picks to the draft if we didn't get a player "of that quality" (referring to Kelly).

1ac46a38
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

saint-stu wrote:I thought Richo said we would take the picks to the draft if we didn't get a player "of that quality" (referring to Kelly).
Hope so.
Lots of white noise around.
Kelly and Martin are staying put so I believe we should draft out own talent.
Look at the Tigers.
All their good players came via the draft.
Their only high value recycled trade is Prestia and he has been in their bottom five players imo.

saint-stu
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:
saint-stu wrote:I thought Richo said we would take the picks to the draft if we didn't get a player "of that quality" (referring to Kelly).
Hope so.
Look at the Tigers.
Their only high value recycled trade is Prestia and he has been in their bottom five players imo.
Spewing about Dusty and Kelly. Saints turned their nose up at Dusty at the start of the year. What a player!

What about Caddy and Houli?

1ac46a38
fugazi
Saintsational Legend

We just make sh#t up!

Nee!
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

saint-stu wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
Hope so.
Look at the Tigers.
Spewing about Dusty and Kelly. Saints turned their nose up at Dusty at the start of the year. What a player!

What about Caddy and Houli?
True....ish...

Houli was good but his move was unique. A devout Muslim at the 'Bombers' was a bad look. The Tigers were a natural fit....

Caddy is just ok. A journeyman.

I think it is fair to say the Tigers drafted most (not all) of their talent.

I love Carlisle, Membrey, Roberton and Steele. I don't mind trades.... I just think u can't trade in a premiership side. The core needs to be drafted and developed.

loris
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
Houli was good but his move was unique. A devout Muslim at the 'Bombers' was a bad look. The Tigers were a natural fit....
?????????????? What a weird statement to make! What on earth does it mean? You need to qualify such meaningless statements.

How would being a devout Muslim impact on his football ability with either teams. To use a Pauline Hansenism ........ Please explain?

Seeing you are bringing religion into things.

Historically, Essendon were a very strong Protestant team, with its board members and powerful supporters very connected Anglicanism, The Melbourne Club. I wouldn't have a clue if they still are today. :? However I'm sure Essendon don't select players on religious faith these days.

Historically, Richmond, were a very strong Roman Catholic team, power breakers in the Club were known members of The Knights of the Southern Cross. As it was with Collingwood many moons ago, unless they were out & out stars many protestant footballers weren't welcome at Tigerland. I'm sure such religious divides aren't prevelant at Richmond these days or I hope they aren't.

However, if one takes the traditional religious backgrounds of the two Clubs mentioned into account, I'd think a player of Muslim faith would be more accepted into Club of predominately the more religiously tolerant Protestant faith. Not a Club with the strict, less tolerant acceptance of other faiths that Roman Catholics have historically displayed.

I'm sure Houli was selected by Richmond purely for his football ability and how his style of play would compliment their game plan/style.
I doubt Essendon would see having a 'devout Muslim' as a bad look.
If I can recollect correctly, Essendon gained a lot of PC mileage and spin about 'inclusiveness' when they recruited him........... just as St Kilda did with Saad.
Or is Houli as you say, 'a better fit', because there are other Muslim's in Richmond's team, Club? Or are Richmond supporters now known to have shed their Catholicism and it's become a team for those of Muslim faith to support?

All of my post on trying to interpret your reason to bring Houli's religion into your post, is most probably fanciful, but I thought it may somehow been related to the religious traditions of the Clubs - and thankfully such small mindedness no longer permeates football teams........ unless one plays in the Ammos or Private School systems!

So please qualify what you mean about Houli being Muslim and why Essendon & Richmond would treat him differently?

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

loris wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
?????????????? What a weird statement to make! What on earth does it mean? You need to qualify such meaningless statements.

How would being a devout Muslim impact on his football ability with either teams. To use a Pauline Hansenism ........ Please explain?

Seeing you are bringing religion into things.

Historically, Essendon were a very strong Protestant team, with its board members and powerful supporters very connected Anglicanism, The Melbourne Club. I wouldn't have a clue if they still are today. :? However I'm sure Essendon don't select players on religious faith these days.

Historically, Richmond, were a very strong Roman Catholic team, power breakers in the Club were known members of The Knights of the Southern Cross. As it was with Collingwood many moons ago, unless they were out & out stars many protestant footballers weren't welcome at Tigerland. I'm sure such religious divides aren't prevelant at Richmond these days or I hope they aren't.

However, if one takes the traditional religious backgrounds of the two Clubs mentioned into account, I'd think a player of Muslim faith would be more accepted into Club of predominately the more religiously tolerant Protestant faith. Not a Club with the strict, less tolerant acceptance of other faiths that Roman Catholics have historically displayed.

I'm sure Houli was selected by Richmond purely for his football ability and how his style of play would compliment their game plan/style.
I doubt Essendon would see having a 'devout Muslim' as a bad look.
If I can recollect correctly, Essendon gained a lot of PC mileage and spin about 'inclusiveness' when they recruited him........... just as St Kilda did with Saad.
Or is Houli as you say, 'a better fit', because there are other Muslim's in Richmond's team, Club? Or are Richmond supporters now known to have shed their Catholicism and it's become a team for those of Muslim faith to support?

All of my post on trying to interpret your reason to bring Houli's religion into your post, is most probably fanciful, but I thought it may somehow been related to the religious traditions of the Clubs - and thankfully such small mindedness no longer permeates football teams........ unless one plays in the Ammos or Private School systems!

So please qualify what you mean about Houli being Muslim and why Essendon & Richmond would treat him differently?
A read through our history shows that (at least) in the early days there were major fights on our Board - Proddy vs Mick.
We also have a strong (and famous link) with Judaism. Carlscum to a lesser extent back in the day, before the population moved mainly to the Caulfield and surrounds part of town. (And Joe Gutnick proved he was no true Jew, by being involved with a team calling themselves the 'Demons'.)
The Dawks (at least till the 70's) played their scratch matches along the same lines as our early Board infights.
At the Skunks there was a major falling out in the early 60's when it was perceived that the Masons were 'moving in'. (I think the Rose family was involved, though I don't know for sure on which 'side'?)
Carlscum. Despite their Proddy links, given that the mafia are (in name) Catholic...

Back to Houli Douli... he wasn't happy at Bummerland, and was (pretty much) poached by Wahid Ali, who is a mad Tugger fan. So that's how he go to Grunt Road. (And they're welcome to him. An ordinary player at best, who got carried along for the ride - imho, look at his form when the team was playing crap for the true indication of his ability... )

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen: