Finnis says no to Rockliff and Stringer

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Re: Finnis says no to Rockliff and Stringer

Why would anyone be surprised you are sticking up for a low life.

I have seen the filth you have posted on the animal forum.

Good place for you actually.

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

We really don't want Stringer. What a waste of time. Still no excuse for his behavior and how it burnt his kids and wife.

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
saynta
Saintsational Legend

parkeysainter wrote:We really don't want Stringer. What a waste of time. Still no excuse for his behavior and how it burnt his kids and wife.

I fully agree with you.

I don't even know if he is capable of playing a good brand of footy again.

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

saynta wrote:
parkeysainter wrote:We really don't want Stringer. What a waste of time. Still no excuse for his behavior and how it burnt his kids and wife.

I fully agree with you.

We won't end up with him anyway. He can play for someone else. The fact Bevo and his teammates don't want him is enough.

He is cooked goods.

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

parkeysainter wrote:
saynta wrote:

I fully agree with you.

We won't end up with him anyway. He can play for someone else. The fact Bevo and his teammates don't want him is enough.

He is cooked goods.
Bookmark this mods.

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

Con Gorozidis wrote:
parkeysainter wrote:
saynta wrote:

I fully agree with you.

He is cooked goods.
Bookmark this mods.

For what?

Grow a set Con G.

David-Lee
Club Player

The main issue I commented on was culture. He is no doubt proven as a genuine player. But his thinking is messed up. Do you think Bevo would cut him loose...no, wait...throw him under the bus...if he was salvageable?

Seriously, Bevos been a Saint when our own culture had trials. Every club has them because humans are there...I've been a wanker myself.
The word is the club has repeatedly asked Jake to get help. The club even asked his manager to stop giving Jake lump sums of money without knowing its purpose.

His team mates have tried and supposedly he walked out of team meeting when confronted with his stinking attitude and said its this f##king club that has a problem not me. He was then sent to VFL and the senior leadership group said he either changes or goes.

Some say it was Bevo making an example...but why expose a guy and lose trade power?

He needs help. I hope he gets it and can recover both personally and professionally. Some say I dont care if he's a mongrel etc. I do. Our club is worth having real men who keep their word and stand proud and strong. If you c**k it up admit it and let your mates be there to help. Be a team player be a leader. Aussie men make incredible heros because of the ability to endure tough s*** and fight together to overcome. This guy was a lone wolf...a distinctive of addiction.

I like what Carlisle has done. He's screwed the pooch a time or 10 but he's let others in and been teacable and works hard to change...now we are already talking about him being a leader. Is he perfect now? Doubt it.

I am sure the actions of our players are not an exposé in fine character. But knowing a legend or two they've told me they could have gone further, done more and regret the way they acted. That matters.

Could Jake do this at St Kilda? Sure. But he just left a club prepared to help him....

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

David-Lee wrote:The main issue I commented on was culture. He is no doubt proven as a genuine player. But his thinking is messed up. Do you think Bevo would cut him loose...no, wait...throw him under the bus...if he was salvageable?

Seriously, Bevos been a Saint when our own culture had trials. Every club has them because humans are there...I've been a wanker myself.
The word is the club has repeatedly asked Jake to get help. The club even asked his manager to stop giving Jake lump sums of money without knowing its purpose.

His team mates have tried and supposedly he walked out of team meeting when confronted with his stinking attitude and said its this f##king club that has a problem not me. He was then sent to VFL and the senior leadership group said he either changes or goes.

Some say it was Bevo making an example...but why expose a guy and lose trade power?

He needs help. I hope he gets it and can recover both personally and professionally. Some say I dont care if he's a mongrel etc. I do. Our club is worth having real men who keep their word and stand proud and strong. If you c**k it up admit it and let your mates be there to help. Be a team player be a leader. Aussie men make incredible heros because of the ability to endure tough s*** and fight together to overcome. This guy was a lone wolf...a distinctive of addiction.

I like what Carlisle has done. He's screwed the pooch a time or 10 but he's let others in and been teacable and works hard to change...now we are already talking about him being a leader. Is he perfect now? Doubt it.

I am sure the actions of our players are not an exposé in fine character. But knowing a legend or two they've told me they could have gone further, done more and regret the way they acted. That matters.

Could Jake do this at St Kilda? Sure. But he just left a club prepared to help him....
Great post fellow Dave! :)

Obviously (most of us) being on the 'outside' don't have all the facts. So if someone like Stringer is not 'salvageable', then of course... we should stay away.

From my 'outsider' pov, given...
- the bloke's age,
- elite playing ability (imho, as good as Kelly, easily, plus... he kicks goals),
- the position(s) he can play,
- and the fact we could get him for one (not both) of our first rounders (i.e.; bargain c/f Kelly)...
I just think that we should be doing everything possible to see if we can get him and sort him out.

Or looking at it another way...
- If we succeed - a humongous win for he club on and off the field. (And for Jake!)
- If we fail - well we tried, but sorry Jake, you're out of here.
- The risk - a first round pick in a (potentially) weak draft. And remembering, even in the best of times, any pick is a lottery anyway.

PS: Again, to all those who have cast very valid doubts over Stringer's character to date... we've already had blokes with arguably far worse issues (like, parking outside primary schools, and... )

Yes, Stringer has clear issues over his past actions, but I'd still argue that what is most important is what a bloke does whilst he's with us. So, if we think there's anyway we can help him get his act together, then we should go-for-it IMHO.
Last edited by Dave McNamara on Sun 01 Oct 2017 3:08pm, edited 1 time in total.

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

PPS: Speaking of dubious behaviours by footy players... I've also been reliably informed that one (other) club's legend, whose name is on their B&F award, secretly spent time as a guest of royalty. And due to connections in very high places, 'got out' on weekends to play footy for his club. (Can anyone confirm/deny this one for me?)

Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
supersaints
Club Player

Dave McNamara wrote:PPS: Speaking of dubious behaviours by footy players... I've also been reliably informed that one (other) club's legend, whose name is on their B&F award, secretly spent time as a guest of royalty. And due to connections in very high places, 'got out' on weekends to play footy for his club. (Can anyone confirm/deny this one for me?)
There's possibly a couple but I presume you mean J.N ?
You'd probably have to be a jailbird to know... but I can tell you the person in question ....
Served a 3 month jail term after being found guilty of embezzlement and larceny in 1960, (wether that was allowed to be served served during the off season or during the season is unclear )
The said person was also charged 1982 - And was fined a total of $2,750 after being convicted of seven counts of fraud involving bounced cheques in Coburg Magistrate's court; he was acquitted on 17 other charges.

There was talk he also drove a Mercedes car belonging to diamond Jim Tilbrook interstate and flogging it, gambling the proceededs , then rang his club to get him home .and pay Jim for the car. this was from a reliable source the previus wo are documented fact

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend

supersaints wrote:
Dave McNamara wrote:PPS: Speaking of dubious behaviours by footy players... I've also been reliably informed that one (other) club's legend, whose name is on their B&F award, secretly spent time as a guest of royalty. And due to connections in very high places, 'got out' on weekends to play footy for his club. (Can anyone confirm/deny this one for me?)
There's possibly a couple but I presume you mean J.N ?
You'd probably have to be a jailbird to know... but I can tell you the person in question ....
Served a 3 month jail term after being found guilty of embezzlement and larceny in 1960, (wether that was allowed to be served served during the off season or during the season is unclear )
The said person was also charged 1982 - And was fined a total of $2,750 after being convicted of seven counts of fraud involving bounced cheques in Coburg Magistrate's court; he was acquitted on 17 other charges.

There was talk he also drove a Mercedes car belonging to diamond Jim Tilbrook interstate and flogging it, gambling the proceededs , then rang his club to get him home .and pay Jim for the car. this was from a reliable source the previus wo are documented fact
Thanks for that SS. Seems we're both thinking of the same player.

My 'source' also told me that this bloke's antics were so many, and for so long, that despite his status, and despite his club's infamous disregard for even basic morals... even said club got fed up with him.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:

I fully agree with you.

I completely agree with this. Surely we've all seen what happens when clubs pay big bucks for fools, ie Fevola being the classic example at Lions. Or Andrew Lovett.....

Yeah, I think we all accept that there's plenty of good footballers that aren't angels, but you certainly don't want too many of them around to build anything decent. The blokes a fool and it appears not just morally weak but mentally weak as well. He hasn't been able to pull it together for 2 years. I trust the doggies judgement on this. The bombers or Cats are welcome to the loser. The risk is huge with a MASSIVE downside. The upside being his obvious football gifts - which haven't been exploited for 2 years now.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:

I fully agree with you.

I completely agree with this. Surely we've all seen what happens when clubs pay big bucks for fools, ie Fevola being the classic example at Lions. Or Andrew Lovett.....

Yeah, I think we all accept that there's plenty of good footballers that aren't angels, but you certainly don't want too many of them around to build anything decent. The blokes a fool and it appears not just morally weak but mentally weak as well. He hasn't been able to pull it together for 2 years. I trust the doggies judgement on this. The bombers or Cats are welcome to the loser. The risk is huge with a MASSIVE downside. The upside being his obvious football gifts - which haven't been exploited for 2 years now.

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

Moods wrote:
saynta wrote:

I fully agree with you.

1) He will go to another side anyway - probably Essendon or Geelong it seems
2) We don't need or want him anyway

Sleeping with a 17 year old is borderline having him put on the sex offenders register.

supersaints
Club Player

The saddest thing with the whole saga. Is her Bulldog supporter parents welcoming him in to bang their daughter in her bedroom while they were home ( after she finished her homework)
Talk about sick people.
Stringer is an arshole ... sorry forgot a "nice lady" said he was a really decent guy, what am I thinking ?!

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

supersaints wrote:The saddest thing with the whole saga. Is her Bulldog supporter parents welcoming him in to bang their daughter in her bedroom while they were home ( after she finished her homework)
Talk about sick people.
Stringer is an arshole ... sorry forgot a "nice lady" said he was a really decent guy, what am I thinking ?!
True supporters!
She was 17. Age of consent is 16.
So either campaign to change the law - or accept it as no big deal.

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

There was more than one chick too according to Mrs Stringer. It just gets worse.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

parkeysainter wrote:There was more than one chick too according to Mrs Stringer. It just gets worse.
22 year old professional footballer not monogamous.

Stop the presses. This will be world news.

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

Con Gorozidis wrote:
parkeysainter wrote:There was more than one chick too according to Mrs Stringer. It just gets worse.
22 year old professional footballer not monogamous.

Stop the presses. This will be world news.
Yep. Nothing new. Way too much money and too much fame at a young age.

Why didn't Nick Riewoldt turn out like this at 22? Maybe, just maybe he has decent morals and is a good person.
Or countless other footballers? Anyway, we aren't getting him thank god.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Stringer's ex is no better than him playing this whole thing through the media.

He probably f*cked up and strayed etc but she sounds like a piece of work.

Have to feel for the kids who are the innocent victims as always.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:Stringer's ex is no better than him playing this whole thing through the media.

Nah, good on her. He most likely broke her heart and deserves what he gets. Anyway, Stringer is a bum and I'm glad we're not looking to recruit him.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
MickThomas
Club Player

Stringer's ex said they've been together since early teens.
Teens never usually stay together until age 22, always off n on as part of growing up, so I don't believe they were solid the whole time.
But I don't begrudge her the desire to go public, she wants her side heard, I suggest she's exaggerating a lot, but the whole thing has me thinking he's a liar and a cheat.
Don't want him at the Saints.

2020 was an aberration, when we travelled twice to Adelaide and won both, beat Tigers early, beat our bogey Swans. 2021 we've returned to our old ways. Damn
Moods
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:Stringer's ex is no better than him playing this whole thing through the media.

This is what I don't get. What is it exactly she's done? Put up with his crap, banging countless women while she's pregnant and gambling the family money away. Meanwhile she has to tolerate the scurrilous rumours and innuendo that she has been sleeping with JJ which is why our fallen hero can't get a kick. I admire her for setting the record straight, sticking up for herself, and exposing Stringer for what he is. I hope my own daughters never become involved with a guy like Stringer, but if they do they have the strength of character to stand up for themselves like she has.

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend

Well at least this thread has answered one question:

A significant number of Saintsationalists strongly endorse the shipping-out of a bloke who was/is arguably the game's greatest ever centreman.

A dual Brownlow medalist, dual team of the century member, dual premiership player, and dual clothing attire wearer.

Btw, we lost the 1971 GF by 7 points. We were nearly five goals up just before 3/4 time, and running all over them. Could still having had a dual everything player in the team have seen us over the line in '71? And look how the histories of the two clubs who played that day have gone since. :( Sliding doors...?

Could having another dual bloke (great issues, but also great talent) in our team get us over the line the next time? Sliding doors again...?

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote:

This is what I don't get. What is it exactly she's done? Put up with his crap, banging countless women while she's pregnant and gambling the family money away. Meanwhile she has to tolerate the scurrilous rumours and innuendo that she has been sleeping with JJ which is why our fallen hero can't get a kick. I admire her for setting the record straight, sticking up for herself, and exposing Stringer for what he is. I hope my own daughters never become involved with a guy like Stringer, but if they do they have the strength of character to stand up for themselves like she has.
Well if you put it that way....

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.