Road to draft with Trout afl.com

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

Road to draft with Trout afl.com

Road to the Draft: What will the Saints do with picks 7&8? - http://www.afl.com.au/draft/road-to-the-draft

Very very interesting.

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Re: Road to draft with Trout afl.com

direct audio link

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
MickThomas
Club Player

so the Big Fish is
Trout :shock:

and he was hiding in plain sight all this time :roll: :D
(some of you on here who always bag me, will surely have something stupid to say.)

2020 was an aberration, when we travelled twice to Adelaide and won both, beat Tigers early, beat our bogey Swans. 2021 we've returned to our old ways. Damn
parkeysainter
SS Life Member

Good to see the list management team want Paddy's and Seb's contracts extended.

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
Gershwin
Club Player

Very little of interest except they are targeting players that can kick.

summertime and the living is easy ........
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

anychance of a summary - bugger watching or listening. i'm reading and writing whilst watching something on tv and cooking dinner - can only multi-task so many things

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Just no more diabetics FFS

“Yeah….nah””
HarryM
Club Player

I'm surprised he could put two words together, must have been pre-recorded so they could make it sound a bit intelligent. :D

MickThomas
Club Player

HarryM wrote:I'm surprised he could put two words together, must have been pre-recorded so they could make it sound a bit intelligent. :D
The club has done a Milli Vanilli
For those of you born after 1970, this was 2 guys singing and dancing
and they won a Grammy Award
which was taken off them a la Jobe Watson
when it was discovered they were dancing,
but neither of them could sing at all

Other singers' voices were used in the studio and in the music videos

2020 was an aberration, when we travelled twice to Adelaide and won both, beat Tigers early, beat our bogey Swans. 2021 we've returned to our old ways. Damn
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Geeze....40 minutes and really said very little that was incisive, in any detail or was new. Mainly spoke in generalities like an excited fan rather than an expert. Overall that left me underwhelmed and fearful for the quality of our list management team.

One of the few takeaways from that is Armo will not be traded.

On Long...clearly that 6 goal VFL Final colored their thinking. Again spoke more like an excited fan than an expert.

Hopefully he was just saying nothing deliberately to not rock the boat or give opposition clubs the edge.

It sounds like we are destined for bargain basement buys if we gain players from any other clubs again.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

That's 40 minutes of "yeah, nah, the best available, 100%" I'll never get back.
Hope he spots talent better than he articulates his role.
Sounds like a bumbling fool who talks incessantly without actually saying anything.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
70s sainter
Club Player

He must spend too much time with richo

Sobraz
SS Life Member

Our recruiting is truely pathetic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

Poor old Trout is copping a bagging here from some.

Didn't realise some worked with him and the other recruiters/list management team at the Saints on a daily basis.

GregPackhamsHeadband
Club Player

Joffa Burns wrote:That's 40 minutes of "yeah, nah, the best available, 100%" I'll never get back.
Hope he spots talent better than he articulates his role.
Sounds like a bumbling fool who talks incessantly without actually saying anything.
That's what he always sounds like.

I think you're pretty tough, don't I?
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

parkeysainter wrote:Poor old Trout is copping a bagging here from some.

Didn't realise some worked with him and the other recruiters/list management team at the Saints on a daily basis.
Yes but realistically he didn't really say anything with any depth. Just a bunch of generic answers along the lines of, "We expect (insert players name) to keep improving". "We're 100% behind (insert players name)."

Skirted McCartin's concussion issues without addressing it directly except to say he was flying in the last six weeks on the track but wasn't ok to play....

Re the draft, "we'll look at all options".....

At least acknowledged that another out of finals finish in 2018 will be unacceptable.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

So maybe he should say we're after players X, Y and Z.

That won't compromise us at all....

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
parkeysainter
SS Life Member

SaintPav wrote:So maybe he should say we're after players X, Y and Z.

That won't compromise us at all....
Exactly. As if he will go into detail regarding that stuff.

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

st.byron wrote:

Yes but realistically he didn't really say anything with any depth. Just a bunch of generic answers along the lines of, "We expect (insert players name) to keep improving". "We're 100% behind (insert players name)."

Skirted McCartin's concussion issues without addressing it directly except to say he was flying in the last six weeks on the track but wasn't ok to play....

At least acknowledged that another out of finals finish in 2018 will be unacceptable.
It was just a online radio interview. He is not going to go into detail regarding alot of this stuff. Nor should he. I trust people like Trout and Ameet Bains are working behind the scenes and doing the right things. Both are very expierenced and highly regarded.

Not saying you were but when supporters start bagging these guys and Richo with no substance to it then its totally pointless. I don't get it.

I mean who cares how he sounds in a radio interview. Just sounded like a normal decent person. He's an AFL recruiter that works behind the scenes, he's not that wanker Kyle Sandilands offsider on radio.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

parkeysainter wrote:
st.byron wrote:

It was just a online radio interview. He is not going to go into detail regarding alot of this stuff. Nor should he. I trust people like Trout and Ameet Bains are working behind the scenes and doing the right things. Both are very expierenced and highly regarded.

Not saying you were but when supporters start bagging these guys and Richo with no substance to it then its totally pointless. I don't get it.

I mean who cares how he sounds in a radio interview. Just sounded like a normal decent person. He's an AFL recruiter that works behind the scenes, he's not that wanker Kyle Sandilands offsider on radio.
You found it very, very interesting and that's great!
Others including me concluded he said nothing of substance and is not the most articulate fellow in the industry.
Um, yeah, nuh, 100%!

Each is entitled to their own summation of the interview and opinion.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

parkeysainter wrote:
st.byron wrote:

Others including me concluded he said nothing of substance and is not the most articulate fellow in the industry.
Um, yeah, nuh, 100%!

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

Joffa Burns wrote:
parkeysainter wrote:
st.byron wrote:

Um, yeah, nuh, 100%!

100%!

What? You didn't like the part when he was talking about his sandwich he just bought at AFL House. Only $8.50!

saynta
Saintsational Legend

WTF did you guys expect him to say.

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

saynta wrote:WTF did you guys expect him to say.
Seems some were obviously expecting Trout to tell us everything from which players we will already select at pick 7 and 8 to every single player that we're targeting in FA and the trade period.

Plus what type of lingerie his wife wears, what is his favourite sex position....you know...all that kind of stuff.

Then he was meant to tell a killer joke at the end of the interview so he can show us he's actually a really funny guy and not some boring middle aged behind the scenes recruiter.
Last edited by parkeysainter on Wed 27 Sep 2017 12:04pm, edited 1 time in total.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

parkeysainter wrote:
saynta wrote:WTF did you guys expect him to say.
Seems some were obviously expecting Trout to tell us everything from which players we will already select at pick 7 and 8 to every single player that we're targeting in FA and the trade period.

Plus what type of lingerie his wife wears, what is his favourite sex position....you know...all that kind of stuff.

Then he was meant to tell a killer joke at the end of the interview so he can show us he's actually really funny guy and not some boring middle aged behind the scenes recruiter.

:D