Road to draft with Trout afl.com

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SMS
Club Player

Re: Road to draft with Trout afl.com

We better be after matt kenneddy and devon smith. Ffs. If geelong and carlton get em for nothing ill spew up.
Pick 8 for both + 25.
Carlton and Geelong together top that. Good points
Get it done.

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

SMS wrote:We better be after matt kenneddy and devon smith.
They're the ones I'm keenest on. Smith has elite potential and Kennedy will kick on to become a 200-game player.

Not sure of what we'd have to give up, though. Could be a costly race.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Impatient Sainter wrote: I can understand your frustrations but you have to remember this time if year is all mind games. Trout is not going to publicly spell out their recruiting plan, or who they are interested in the draft. Or contrary if they intend to trade out both 1st rounders hes not likely to be critical of the draft depth of talent, that would be devaluing the draft picks.
There's some truth to that but I wouldn't think what he says would influence the perception to the outside footy world too much. Trust me, other clubs already have their own perceptions and won't be shaped by ours.

It's more a chance to speak to supporters and to enlighten then. I don't know if he doesn't have the information or he doesn't want to share it. I'll leave that for others to decide.

Remember, you don't have to show your hand totally and reveal who you're picking. You can still give supporters lots of information in other ways.
The other thing he is not likely to do is be critical of is the kids he has previously drafted eg McKenzie. His job is on the line after each trade and draft hence it wouldn't be in his own interest to reflect poorly on past selections.
Very true.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.