Henry playfair

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

Henry playfair

Good get?

Sounds good to me

St Kilda have added highly regarded Henry Playfair to their coaching staff after 10 years of service at the Swans.

Playfair joined the Swans in 2008 and spent three seasons at the club as a player, before moving into a development role at the club at the end of the 2010 season.

For the past two seasons he has been the defensive coach of the Swans, but has now been appointed to the Saints’ coaching staff.

“Sydney has been my home for the past decade and I’ve made some wonderful friends and learned so much along the journey,” Playfair told sydneyswans.com.au.

“I would like to thank the club, particularly John Longmire, for the opportunities I’ve had along the way. This move is about my development as a coach and broadening my experience, so I look forward to the next chapter.”

St Kilda’s General Manager of Football Performance Jamie Cox told the club’s website they were thrilled with Playfair’s appointment.

“Henry is an extremely experienced assistant coach who is highly regarded and we are thrilled to have him join the Saints,” Cox told saints.com.au.

“He has been a key part in a successful era at the Swans and we look forward to welcoming him to the Club ahead of the pre-season.”

#1 Ryder fan
Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

Re: Henry playfair

Can you repeat that.. :roll:

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
MickThomas
Club Player

Rumour is he will be the defensive coach,
taking over from Spud, who was only part-time anyway.

Spud should go full time at Foxtel, if that's where his heart lies.

Personally, I reckon we need Playfair as our new Fwd coach, as he did that for 3 years at the Swines
and our forwards need him more than our defenders, who are the best section of the team, by far.

2020 was an aberration, when we travelled twice to Adelaide and won both, beat Tigers early, beat our bogey Swans. 2021 we've returned to our old ways. Damn
Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

MickThomas wrote:Rumour is he will be the defensive coach,

Personally, I reckon we need Playfair as our new Fwd coach, as he did that for 3 years at the Swines
and our forwards need him more than our defenders, who are the best section of the team, by far.
I feel like i've read that twice so far :oops:

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

While I nothing about him...I am pleased that the saints have brought in a new very experienced assistant coach from a team that has been playing finals regularly.

We desperately needed some fresh coaching blood, and to mix things up somewhat IMO.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

MickThomas wrote:Rumour is he will be the defensive coach,

Gilbee will be our new defensive coach from
Next season.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

I read in the preseason that Playfair had brought a very new defensive strategy to us, that involved a 'whole team' setup as opposed to our previous version of 'pressure' around the ball.

Could this change be the cause of our current shitness? Can it suddenly click?

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote: Fri 18 May 2018 5:45pm I read in the preseason that Playfair had brought a very new defensive strategy to us, that involved a 'whole team' setup as opposed to our previous version of 'pressure' around the ball.

Could this change be the cause of our current shitness? Can it suddenly click?
There is no way that would explain our shitness, there are much bigger issues than Playfair's defensive philosophies.

Will the Saints ever have a quality midfield ?
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Fair question and it needs to be asked.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.