How could you NOT win a Premiership with this ....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Re: How could you NOT win a Premiership with this ....

bigred wrote:
remboy wrote:I would have thought that Gold Coast had pretty much the same concessions as GWS and look at them. Having early picks doesn't guarantee anything.
Gold Coast used their concessions in a very different manner. Traded in for 3/4 cooked names to go for the earlier competitiveness. Then selling the farm for Ablett.

Complete and total mismanagement along with a string of shyte coaches.

This is how it should be for a startup.

GWS just drafted the best young talent in the country. Over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.

Then repeatedly trade out their fringe for more and more second rounder picks which they used on academy or more top 30 talent.

The GWS blueprint is much, much, much better.
The GC one is better. I want these new teams to fail for a good decade or more. They need to feel pain like us.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

Re: How could you NOT win a Premiership with this ....

bigred wrote:
The GWS blueprint is much, much, much better.
Could someone much cleverer than me tally the no.draft positions for each club, my recollection is that GWS had more concessions than suns
and GWS have had their fair share of older player imports as well
how did that Israel Folau venture pan out?
GWS maybe a better run outfit whereas the suns have suffered coaching instability, some bad luck with recruits and injuries and dare I say it

culture

Seeya