Jack Watts...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Re: Jack Watts...

Watts???

Have people gone mad!!????

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
parkeysainter
SS Life Member

J. Watts is the answer to all our problems. :D
If we can get him cheap....why not? It worries me though that he's struggling to get a game at Melbourne a little. They're no better a side than the Saints but maybe a new club will do him wonders after being in the Melbourne setup for so long.

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
SMS
Club Player

One of the best kicks/disposals in the league. BUT Mentally weak/fragile. Can that be changed? not sure. He was injured later in year people a little harsh on him.
IF cheap I say yes. Gotta try something. Prehaps the rejection will turn him into beast mode... and if it does we would have the elite half forward in league.

SMS
Club Player

Pick 7 - Balta or Naughton - NEXT Lever anyway.
Pick 8 - Watts AND Salem. - Demons will be desperate to get Lever. We get ready made Midfielder and Forward. Both elite users of the ball.

Maybe this is what were thinking. Find desperation and exploit it. 2 local boys great users of the ball. They both need to toughen up BUT richo will do this.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Potato.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
degruch
Saintsational Legend

There seemed like a lot of upside in Watts when he was up for grabs a little while back, but he's pretty much continued to be sporadically interesting. Contracted, isn't he? Melbourne would rate themselves the best list in the history of the AFL currently, so we'd pay massive overs to land him. The time has past for him, on both sides...should have done himself a favour and jumped ship when he had the chance.

Want a swingman? Jackson Trengove seems pretty unhappy at Port, and they've just re-signed the coach who doesn't seem to like him. Plus, he looks like the bad guy from 'The Life of Walter Mitty' and has a mean streak in him...get.

Gershwin
Club Player

No way does he suit our 'brand'. Doesn't compete, chase or provide a contest.

summertime and the living is easy ........
MickThomas
Club Player

SMS wrote:Pick 7 - Balta or Naughton - NEXT Lever anyway.
Pick 8 - Watts AND Salem. - Demons will be desperate to get Lever. We get ready made Midfielder and Forward. Both elite users of the ball.

Maybe this is what were thinking. Find desperation and exploit it. 2 local boys great users of the ball. They both need to toughen up BUT richo will do this.
"Richo will do this"?
How good are our coaches at Player Development?
:roll:
Think before you respond.

2020 was an aberration, when we travelled twice to Adelaide and won both, beat Tigers early, beat our bogey Swans. 2021 we've returned to our old ways. Damn
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Gershwin wrote:No way does he suit our 'brand'. Doesn't compete, chase or provide a contest.
Is that our brand?
I might lodge a complaint with the ACCC for false and misleading advertising then.
Where was our contest, chase and competing when we put in meek insipid efforts against Melbourne (twice), Essendon and Richmond?

Some 'brand'.
Sounds more like we are selling snake oil to gullible customers.

Saints marketing Dept likes to talk tough and 'aggrssive' off field.

On field where it really matters for two hours on the weekend we are soft soft soft.

MickThomas
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:
Gershwin wrote:No way does he suit our 'brand'. Doesn't compete, chase or provide a contest.
Is that our brand?
I might lodge a complaint with the ACCC for false and misleading advertising then.
Where was our contest, chase and competing when we put in meek insipid efforts against Melbourne (twice), Essendon and Richmond?

Some 'brand'.

On field where it really matters for two hours on the weekend we are soft soft soft.
+1

We only need to look at one of our leaders to see the type
of standard he sets.
Great downhill skier, Mav is.
And that Power game- another leader was in the perfect spot to 'lead', but decided he wouldn't set an example, so just sat back for others to act.
She didn't 'compete, chase, or provide a contest', hey

2020 was an aberration, when we travelled twice to Adelaide and won both, beat Tigers early, beat our bogey Swans. 2021 we've returned to our old ways. Damn
Gershwin
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:
Is that our brand?

Some 'brand'.

What a load of cow manure Con. Our endeavour is as good as any side. Class is what we lack.

summertime and the living is easy ........
degruch
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
Is that our brand?
:lol: Bingo! Don't forget Sydney twice, and Adelaide. Now I'm starting to think Watts and Salem might fit the current arrangement perfectly :mrgreen:

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Gershwin wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
Is that our brand?

Some 'brand'.

What a load of cow manure Con. Our endeavour is as good as any side. Class is what we lack.
Go and watch the Melbourne Tigers Dogs Swans and Bombers games and tell me about how great our endeavour is.
We talk tough off field about pressure but we are a fraud. Weak as piss on field.
Look up the Champion Data pressure stats.

Sounds like you believe our marketing spin rather than the actual facts.

We are weak, soft and easy to play against.
On of the worst tackling sides in the comp.
Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Tue 19 Sep 2017 2:08pm, edited 2 times in total.

GregPackhamsHeadband
Club Player

When our pressure drops off, our lack of genuine class is exposed. Both areas are a problem.

I think you're pretty tough, don't I?
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

GregPackhamsHeadband wrote:When our pressure drops off, our lack of genuine class is exposed. Both areas are a problem.
Agree.
We play some high pressure footy in short bursts.
It is unsustainable nonsense.
When we drop off we become soft witch's hats.
And it happens way too often.
We play a few good quarters then a bunch of soft ones.

ss1986
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:
GregPackhamsHeadband wrote:When our pressure drops off, our lack of genuine class is exposed. Both areas are a problem.
Agree.
Could not agree more.

Still do think Watts would add some of the class we need, and what I was originally getting at was, I don't think we'd need to give up a whole lot to take a punt on him.

As for finding tough nuts who are also class footballers ala Hamill, Gehrig, Guerra et.al; they're going to be difficult to extract from other clubs. In fact, I don't even know who would be a realistic target.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

ss1986 wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
Agree.
Could not agree more.

Still do think Watts would add some of the class we need, and what I was originally getting at was, I don't think we'd need to give up a whole lot to take a punt on him.

As for finding tough nuts who are also class footballers ala Hamill, Gehrig, Guerra et.al; they're going to be difficult to extract from other clubs. In fact, I don't even know who would be a realistic target.

Guerra, a class act? Bahahahahahaha

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:[

Disagree. It is in the head. We lack discipline and at present too many players wilt too easily. This with a lack of onfield leaders like Lenny who can turn the play back our way.

ie
Cats vs Richmond. No pressure and get thumped
Cats vs Swans. Bring their pressure game and Swans (who did not) get thumped

In today's footy you need to pressure for four, or most of four, quarters to win.

This is all based on teamplay. The problem with the St Kilda teamplay is that we get disorganised was too easily. And when that organisation breakdowns the pressure cannot be applied as their are gaps everywhere, and then that just all escalates.

Our teamplay also breaks down as we have way too many turnover merchants. You can have some when they are very good at other aspects of their game, but we have so many that we get too many breaks and pressure situations against us. Turnovers really hurt as you team ates have often moved to offensive positions and so for the poor turnover it allows the opposition to rebound quickly.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
GregPackhamsHeadband
Club Player

saintsRrising wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:[

Disagree. It is in the head. We lack discipline and at present too many players wilt too easily. This with a lack of onfield leaders like Lenny who can turn the play back our way.

ie
Cats vs Richmond. No pressure and get thumped
Cats vs Swans. Bring their pressure game and Swans (who did not) get thumped

In today's footy you need to pressure for four, or most of four, quarters to win.

This is all based on teamplay. The problem with the St Kilda teamplay is that we get disorganised was too easily. And when that organisation breakdowns the pressure cannot be applied as their are gaps everywhere, and then that just all escalates.

Our teamplay also breaks down as we have way too many turnover merchants. You can have some when they are very good at other aspects of their game, but we have so many that we get too many breaks and pressure situations against us. Turnovers really hurt as you team ates have often moved to offensive positions and so for the poor turnover it allows the opposition to rebound quickly.
Just about sums it up, SR. Submit your thesis to AR and Co. care of Linton St., Moorabbin.

I think you're pretty tough, don't I?
ss1986
Club Player

saynta wrote:
ss1986 wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
Agree.
Could not agree more.

Guerra, a class act? Bahahahahahaha
Kidding aren't you? Was instrumental to the Hawks becoming a powerhouse.

darylcowie
Club Player

whiskers3614 wrote:In a heartbeat.
Has something we lack...
elite disposal
Bingo!

its time to make a name for yourself like you've never made before!
Moods
Saintsational Legend

ss1986 wrote:Armitage not gonna play in our next flag. If we are going to get it done by 2020
Hate to break it to you, but Armo's not gonna play in ANYONE's next flag. No-one will come at him at the moment. He's nearly 30 and broken down. And we're going to offer that for a 26 year old KPP?

Our best chance with Armo is to keep him and pray his body mends and he gets some continuity back.

David-Lee
Club Player

SMS wrote:Pick 7 - Balta or Naughton - NEXT Lever anyway.

You made my week...Richo toughening up a player!!! Damn beautiful comedy expertly delivered.

Club Player

Watts to AFL is like Michael Bevan to test cricket, undone by the metaphorical high ball!
A NO from me

the invisible and the non existent look very much alike
Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

I don't think Jack W even likes playing footy much. Read his captain bagged him for his efforts/preparation. That's not our culture - we do try hard just a bit sloppy. Pick 8 for Stringer is way over the odds: He averaged 1.5 goals a game this year - Joss B averaged 1.8 and he kicks like a whirling dervish.