St Kilda Strategic Plan 2014-18- We need to get a move on!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

nw7
Club Player

Re: St Kilda Strategic Plan 2014-18- We need to get a move o

A Business Vision Statement ha to be achievable and it has to be the framework every decision is made around. I own an SME in Printing and Branding, I review our progress every quarter with our Management Team to make sure we are on track or focus on what we need to change or improve to get back on track. The Saints statement seemed achievable and in their control, I hope its reviewed a number of times a year and they focus on the areas not going to plan. if we scraped into finals which straight kicking and a bit more adventure in our game plan could have easily delivered, we could have had a different report card against our vision, 50K members would have also looked more achievable our membership growth is linked to success and hope. I believe we will be pushing top 6 next season with the improvement we will get from our current list, more adventure and aggression in our game plan and bringing in a bit more speed though draft and trading. Go Saints, make the Vision a reality its in our control and achievable, don't treat it as just words.

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

The other thing with any vision is that things crop up that may have been unforeseen (like NZ not working out or free agency not panning out the way the AFL thought it would). You can't rigidly stick to a plan that can no longer work. You have to be able to review and revise the plan as you go along and make alterations along the way.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Main interest now is how the Saints move forward.

We do not need another rebuild. BUT we do need a rejig and a refocusing.

Our rebuild needs to be moved from gaining the mythical BigFish as basically there are very, very few that swap Clubs. If like the Cats had with Dangerfield coming home, it happens, then break out the bubbly and rub your hands in glee. But having it as a cornerstone of the plan to make another GF is high risk of failure.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....