Shane Savage

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

outside66
Club Player

Shane Savage

I've got a feeling that the Macho Man might be getting ready for another change of scenery. Koby Stevens thought that Savage had re-signed when asked at the final banner-making night but nothing has come out from the club.

Personally, I rate Savage and I think that we're a better team with him in it. Our halfback line is arguably the most deep in the comp when you consider we have Roberton, Savage, Webster, Gilbert, White, McKenzie, and Rice is expected to take the next step in 2018. Obviously not all can play in the one team and it goes deep even with a few injuries.

Savage has a young family and I reckon other clubs would be willing to offer him a better contract than us at the moment.

I think he will be a key player in getting a big deal done. I reckon he might be heading up to Queensland or potentially joining Johannisen as part of a 'packaged' deal...

Does he stay or does he go? If he's gone, what would you be 'happy' with?

SemperFidelis
SS Life Member

Shane Savage

He really worked hard at the back end of to comment a spot in the team. Can't see him as anything other than bottom 6 long term, but if he's bottom six and playing like the last few weeks, we're in good hands.

He may well be trade bait but I wouldn't want to lose him unless it is part of a very very good deal for the club.

Always loyal
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Re: Shane Savage

When he came back into the team he was in our Top 5 players most weeks. So it would be odd if not retained and moreso with Joey retired.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
repta
Club Player

Savage has a great penetrating kick that is a great weapon. He doesn't have to play of half back. Essentially he is just an outside release player. A designated kicker. He has his faults... re turn over but that happens when you take the game on.
In a side rawr is desperate for outside mid fielders there is a place for him. I dont believe have the tank for the mid field. But could be used forward.

MickThomas
Club Player

repta wrote:Savage has a great penetrating kick that is a great weapon. He doesn't have to play of half back. Essentially he is just an outside release player. A designated kicker. He has his faults... re turn over but that happens when you take the game on.
In a side rawr is desperate for outside mid fielders there is a place for him. I dont believe have the tank for the mid field. But could be used forward.
There's enough inside players, as you say, and we are desperate for quality outside runners with great kicking skills- like him.
He's essential going forward

2020 was an aberration, when we travelled twice to Adelaide and won both, beat Tigers early, beat our bogey Swans. 2021 we've returned to our old ways. Damn