Coaching Shuffle

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Re: Coaching Shuffle

Postby supersaints » Fri 15 Sep 2017 10:18pm

parkeysainter wrote:Should get Rocket Eade as an assistant.


Rockets going ballistic in North Korea...
And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!
supersaints
Club Player
 
Posts: 1635
Joined: Fri 18 May 2007 11:13am

Re: Coaching Shuffle

Postby SaintPav » Fri 15 Sep 2017 10:34pm

spert wrote:Gawd, is Richo so hopeless that he needs some kind of geniuses as assistants? Need
a better coach at the helm.


I don't think anyone is saying that but the head coach can't do it all on his own and to suggest otherwise is naive.

It's the same in any team sport and most work places.

Sounds obvious.
User avatar
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 9670
Joined: Wed 16 Jun 2010 9:24pm
Location: Alma Road

Re: Coaching Shuffle

Postby happy feet » Sat 16 Sep 2017 12:43am

James Hird to be appointed as forwards coach.
happy feet
Club Player
 
Posts: 727
Joined: Wed 27 Feb 2008 7:27pm

Re: Coaching Shuffle

Postby whiskers3614 » Sat 16 Sep 2017 9:30am

happy feet wrote:James Hird to be appointed as forwards coach.


Was Harry O'Brien not available? 8-) 8-)
whiskers3614
SS Life Member
 
Posts: 3377
Joined: Thu 20 May 2010 11:49pm

Re: Coaching Shuffle

Postby GregPackhamsHeadband » Sat 16 Sep 2017 9:56am

happy feet wrote:James Hird to be appointed as forwards coach.

Tanya will carry the clipboard. She takes notes. Lots of notes.
I think you're pretty tough, don't I?
User avatar
GregPackhamsHeadband
Club Player
 
Posts: 495
Joined: Wed 02 Aug 2017 8:25pm
Location: Goward's Gulch

Re: Coaching Shuffle

Postby Bernard Shakey » Sat 16 Sep 2017 12:07pm

shrodes wrote:
Legendary wrote:Would love to see St Kilda hire an assistant coach who's been involved at another AFL club within the last decade. Too much to ask?

We have zero IP from anywhere else in the AFL system.


You've mentioned this before... Ben McGlynn came in as development coach this year after retiring from the Swans last year.
http://www.saints.com.au/news/2017-01-2 ... or-mcglynn


He was kicking coach this year. Good get!
Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
User avatar
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 10776
Joined: Sun 18 Mar 2007 11:22pm
Location: Down By The River 1989, 2003, 2009 & 2013

Re: Coaching Shuffle

Postby Beno88 » Fri 22 Sep 2017 5:06pm

Henry Playfair has joined St Kilda from Sydney.

http://www.saints.com.au/news/2017-09-2 ... the-saints
Last edited by Beno88 on Fri 22 Sep 2017 5:06pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beno88
Club Player
 
Posts: 1253
Joined: Tue 10 Jul 2007 11:14am
Location: Cheltenham

Re: Coaching Shuffle

Postby Jacks Back » Fri 22 Sep 2017 5:06pm

Henry Playfair is new assistant coach. Is he any good?
As president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”
Jacks Back
SS Life Member
 
Posts: 3888
Joined: Sat 11 Jun 2011 4:52pm
Location: Here

Re: Coaching Shuffle

Postby parkeysainter » Fri 22 Sep 2017 5:06pm

Serious....nice. Has tons of assistant expierence under a sucessful coach which is what we need.
Bring back Phil Narkle's helmet into fashion
User avatar
parkeysainter
Club Player
 
Posts: 776
Joined: Thu 20 Jul 2017 2:59am

Re: Coaching Shuffle

Postby GregPackhamsHeadband » Fri 22 Sep 2017 5:14pm

parkeysainter wrote:Serious....nice. Has tons of assistant expierence under a sucessful coach which is what we need.

Plus one. From what I've been told about him. Highly regarded in the industry and another senior coach in waiting. Look out, Richo! :D
I think you're pretty tough, don't I?
User avatar
GregPackhamsHeadband
Club Player
 
Posts: 495
Joined: Wed 02 Aug 2017 8:25pm
Location: Goward's Gulch

Re: Coaching Shuffle

Postby prwilkinson » Fri 22 Sep 2017 5:45pm

Perfect. Exactly what we needed. Go Saints!!
User avatar
prwilkinson
Club Player
 
Posts: 1336
Joined: Tue 21 Sep 2010 12:17pm

Re: Coaching Shuffle

Postby saynta » Fri 22 Sep 2017 6:04pm

prwilkinson wrote:Perfect. Exactly what we needed. Go Saints!!


Plus one. Has our seal of approval.
saynta
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 5039
Joined: Wed 10 Mar 2004 3:53pm

Re: Coaching Shuffle

Postby MickThomas » Fri 22 Sep 2017 9:33pm

GregPackhamsHeadband wrote:
parkeysainter wrote:Serious....nice. Has tons of assistant expierence under a sucessful coach which is what we need.

Plus one. From what I've been told about him. Highly regarded in the industry and another senior coach in waiting. Look out, Richo! :D


Is he the Big Fish that they were all bragging about?
Con Gorozides isn't a troll, he has opinions like we all do.
If you disagree with him and attack personally
rather than use logic and facts,
you're either lazy or your comment can be viewed as trolling.
MickThomas
Club Player
 
Posts: 418
Joined: Mon 21 Aug 2017 1:23am
Location: Doncaster, Victoria

Re: Coaching Shuffle

Postby saintbrat » Tue 26 Sep 2017 9:28pm

Paul Amy‏ @PaulAmy375

Frankston FC getting to the pointy end of the coaching appointment. Hear well-regarded St Kilda assistant Adam Skrobalak is in the picture.
StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly......Contributing to the needs of Saints!!
Image
MEMBERSHIP 2014- 31,134 viewtopic.php?f=1&t=83276
Membership 2015 32,746 viewtopic.php?f=1&t=87701&hilit=membership+2015
MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101 viewtopic.php?f=1&t=89838&p=1585759#p1585759
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 viewtopic.php?f=1&t=91699
User avatar
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 43845
Joined: Tue 09 Mar 2004 4:11pm
Location: saints zone

Re: Coaching Shuffle

Postby saintbrat » Tue 26 Sep 2017 10:53pm

And word is Kingsley still in the mix for Gold coast
StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly......Contributing to the needs of Saints!!
Image
MEMBERSHIP 2014- 31,134 viewtopic.php?f=1&t=83276
Membership 2015 32,746 viewtopic.php?f=1&t=87701&hilit=membership+2015
MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101 viewtopic.php?f=1&t=89838&p=1585759#p1585759
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 viewtopic.php?f=1&t=91699
User avatar
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 43845
Joined: Tue 09 Mar 2004 4:11pm
Location: saints zone

Re: Coaching Shuffle

Postby Con Gorozidis » Thu 28 Sep 2017 1:53am

saintbrat wrote:And word is Kingsley still in the mix for Gold coast


Clubs will be falling over themselves to get the mastermind behind St Kilda's finishes of 10th and 11th.
They will all wonder what the secret formula is....
User avatar
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 22643
Joined: Thu 19 Jun 2008 4:04pm

Re: Coaching Shuffle

Postby spert » Thu 28 Sep 2017 9:32am

SaintPav wrote:
spert wrote:Gawd, is Richo so hopeless that he needs some kind of geniuses as assistants? Need
a better coach at the helm.


I don't think anyone is saying that but the head coach can't do it all on his own and to suggest otherwise is naive.

It's the same in any team sport and most work places.

Sounds obvious.

Naive? Richo's stats as coach after four seasons say it all. The buck stops with the head coach.
spert
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 6787
Joined: Wed 29 Jun 2005 10:39pm
Location: A distant beach

Re: Coaching Shuffle

Postby Junction Oval » Thu 28 Sep 2017 6:36pm

Henry Playfair seems like a very good get. His Sydney experience will be invaluable and his footy expertise is said to be very good.

Just what we need in the Box - new ideas and more professionalism.
User avatar
Junction Oval
SS Life Member
 
Posts: 2765
Joined: Tue 30 Nov 2010 11:16am

Re: Coaching Shuffle

Postby Darth Vader » Thu 28 Sep 2017 6:51pm

Junction Oval wrote:Henry Playfair seems like a very good get. His Sydney experience will be invaluable and his footy expertise is said to be very good.

Just what we need in the Box - new ideas and more professionalism.

New ideas yes, but more professionalism? Why, are our coaches unprofessional? In what way?
Darth Vader
Club Player
 
Posts: 358
Joined: Thu 15 Sep 2011 11:04pm

Re: Coaching Shuffle

Postby parkeysainter » Thu 28 Sep 2017 6:55pm

Darth Vader wrote:
Junction Oval wrote:Henry Playfair seems like a very good get. His Sydney experience will be invaluable and his footy expertise is said to be very good.

Just what we need in the Box - new ideas and more professionalism.

New ideas yes, but more professionalism? Why, are our coaches unprofessional? In what way?


Mate, this forum is full of assumptions.

I'm tipping the Saints coaches are just as professional as the other 17 clubs.
Bring back Phil Narkle's helmet into fashion
User avatar
parkeysainter
Club Player
 
Posts: 776
Joined: Thu 20 Jul 2017 2:59am

Re: Coaching Shuffle

Postby MickThomas » Thu 28 Sep 2017 7:25pm

Darth Vader wrote:
Junction Oval wrote:Henry Playfair seems like a very good get. His Sydney experience will be invaluable and his footy expertise is said to be very good.

Just what we need in the Box - new ideas and more professionalism.

New ideas yes, but more professionalism? Why, are our coaches unprofessional? In what way?


There is always room for improvement in processes
and methods.
Nobody is accusing the assistants of being amateurs, just that we can get better and need to get better.
Con Gorozides isn't a troll, he has opinions like we all do.
If you disagree with him and attack personally
rather than use logic and facts,
you're either lazy or your comment can be viewed as trolling.
MickThomas
Club Player
 
Posts: 418
Joined: Mon 21 Aug 2017 1:23am
Location: Doncaster, Victoria

Re: Coaching Shuffle

Postby SaintPav » Thu 28 Sep 2017 8:31pm

spert wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
spert wrote:Gawd, is Richo so hopeless that he needs some kind of geniuses as assistants? Need
a better coach at the helm.


I don't think anyone is saying that but the head coach can't do it all on his own and to suggest otherwise is naive.

It's the same in any team sport and most work places.

Sounds obvious.

Naive? Richo's stats as coach after four seasons say it all. The buck stops with the head coach.


Yes, naive and simplistic.

"Buck stops with the coach".

Really?

Not very original and it just sounds like a meme.

My proposition wasn't that complicated. Didn't Richmond revamp its coaching panel?
User avatar
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 9670
Joined: Wed 16 Jun 2010 9:24pm
Location: Alma Road

Re: Coaching Shuffle

Postby Con Gorozidis » Thu 28 Sep 2017 8:43pm

Deck chairs on the Titanic
User avatar
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 22643
Joined: Thu 19 Jun 2008 4:04pm

Re: Coaching Shuffle

Postby derby Street » Sat 30 Sep 2017 1:57pm

Con Gorozidis wrote:Deck chairs on the Titanic


Con do you ever have any positive comments about the Saints? It seems nothing would make happier than seeing us constantly in the cellar again like the 80's.
derby Street
Club Player
 
Posts: 680
Joined: Sun 27 Apr 2008 12:29am
Location: Adelaide

Re: Coaching Shuffle

Postby Junior » Sat 30 Sep 2017 2:06pm

derby Street wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:Deck chairs on the Titanic


Con do you ever have any positive comments about the Saints? It seems nothing would make happier than seeing us constantly in the cellar again like the 80's.


+ 1
A champion team will always beat a team of champions.
Junior
Club Player
 
Posts: 997
Joined: Thu 11 Mar 2004 5:59pm
Location: Aisle 36

PreviousNext

Return to Saintsational Fan Forum (open to all ages)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], barneyboyz, Bing [Bot], DJ Higgins, J-Boy061979, minneapolis, parkeysainter, Selhurst Saint, Wayne42 and 23 guests