where have they gone Brett Moyle

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintly
Saintsational Legend

where have they gone Brett Moyle

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/loca ... 779054014e

Brett Moyle announced as North Ringwood coach in the Eastern Football League
Toby Prime, Maroondah Leader
September 5, 2017 4:30pm
A FAMILIAR face will return to the helm at Quambee Reserve in 2018.

North Ringwood has announced 2012 and 2014 premiership mentor Brett Moyle as the Saints’ new coach after he stepped in to fill the post following the departure of Peter Banfield with five rounds remaining in the Eastern Football League season.

Moyle, 37, said he did not anticipate accepting the coaching position full-time when he took on the interim role.

“It has been relatively quick because when I stepped in to help five or six weeks ago, I had no real intent, or zero intent, that this is how it would pan out,” Moyle said.

Brett Moyle celebrates the 2012 grand final win with captain Nick Harbeck.
The former St Kilda midfielder takes on the position optimistic the Saints can return to finals for the first time since the 2014 Division 2 premiership.

With a string of good wins during the season and a promising list, Moyle is hopeful North Ringwood can push for a top-five berth in 2018.

Brett Moyle calls the shots from the sidelines in the 2014 grand final.
“Been able to beat Noble Park, been able to beat Blackburn, been able to beat Doncaster once, it could have easily been twice,” Moyle said.

“Very close games against South Croydon both times and South Croydon now has two cracks at a grand final spot.

“I don’t think we’re that far away and with keeping our list together and hopefully adding a couple, I don’t think we have to add six (players), two or three of the right ones and maintaining our group and we can be right there.

“I wouldn’t have put up my hand to do it if I thought we were going to finish seventh, eighth or ninth.”

Brett Moyle in 2015.
In his previous stint as North Ringwood coach from 2010 to 2015 Moyle took the Saints from Division 3 to the top tier.

Moyle said he had enjoyed his return to North Ringwood and had the support of his family to succeed in the role.

“Going back two or three years, I thought footy was taking too much time away from other things but I think having stepped away from it and now having stepped back in, with a really supportive wife we can make it work,” he said.

“My wife has seen it makes me a happier person and that makes for a happier life.”