Stringer

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

Re: Stringer

Stringer.........BIG BAG of TROUBLE

mightysainters
SS Hall of Fame

This will be one of the worst pickups in the history of the saints if we decide to trade for this guy..
Poor attitude
Crap field kick
Selfish
38% on front of goal
Not a great mark
No work rate
Undersized
One trick pony

The mere thought that we are after this clown is sickening to me.. he fact we would have to trade something for him is just outrageous... I couldn't watch a guy like this in saints colours, would do me from attending games until the inevitable that he is dropped mid year...

Bevo is an amazing coach and he can't stand the sight of this guy..he was coutnlessly dropped when they had no forqard should be enough to suggest he is rubbish

Anyone who thinks he would improve us has no idea what kind of attitude he has, his negative and brainlessness will only corrupt the younger players.

Saints better not go near this guy or we will inevitably imo ruin our next 5 years

Joe Bloggs
Club Player

Being sacked from your club would certainly be a wake up call to improve your ethics. You would think. Therefore worth a punt.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

cwrcyn wrote:Stringer.........BIG BAG of TROUBLE

Seems to be the general consensus mate.

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
stonecold
SS Life Member

thejiggingsaint wrote:

You know what they say about general consensus, 'It's Very General'!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
fugazi
Saintsational Legend

A caller to SEN seemed to be inferring some issues way beyond his relationship breakdown. And a very cagey SEN morning crew were reluctant to engage with it...even though they all seemed to know something about it.
We need to be smart....it has a wiff of Andrew Lovett about it.
We were the only club that didn't know about his issues before we coughed up our first round pick that year.
Due diligence!

Nee!
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Too much of a figjam

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

stonecold wrote:
thejiggingsaint wrote:

You know what they say about general consensus, 'It's Very General'!!!!!
It means a majority consensus

Moods
Saintsational Legend

fugazi wrote:A caller to SEN seemed to be inferring some issues way beyond his relationship breakdown. And a very cagey SEN morning crew were reluctant to engage with it...even though they all seemed to know something about it.
We were the only club that didn't know about his issues before we coughed up our first round pick that year.
Due diligence!
THIS!!!!

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote:
fugazi wrote:A caller to SEN seemed to be inferring some issues way beyond his relationship breakdown. And a very cagey SEN morning crew were reluctant to engage with it...even though they all seemed to know something about it.
Due diligence!
THIS!!!!

Plus about a thousand. Buyer beware.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:
Moods wrote:
Due diligence!
THIS!!!!

Plus about a thousand. Buyer beware.
But there again, we ARE the Saints ..... it's what we do :roll:

MickThomas
Club Player

Swap McCartin for Stringer.
One of them has a premiership medallion, has issues that might be fixable, physically able to get 50+ goals in a season.

2020 was an aberration, when we travelled twice to Adelaide and won both, beat Tigers early, beat our bogey Swans. 2021 we've returned to our old ways. Damn
GregPackhamsHeadband
Club Player

McCartin for Stringer? One is talented, inconsistent, injury prone and after generating huge expectations has been a disappointment. The other one is Jake Stringer.

I think you're pretty tough, don't I?
samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

Lonie for Stringer - straight nil-all-draw swap.

One trick pony for Lonie :?

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

samoht wrote:Lonie for Stringer - straight nil-all-draw swap.

One trick pony for Lonie :?
:lol:

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
I can see from your posts that you are pretty keen for the club to land a big fish. Personally I'm happy for the club to invest in youth through the draft and hopefully grow our own big fish. Let's call it a difference in philosophy.
No, you have misunderstood what I have written. What I have written is that it is the Club's long avowed strategy to land a Big Fish now.

Their plan not mine.

What I have said is that Bains has this draft/trade period to deliver on that declared plan, and if not then the plan that Bains was entrusted to have delivered will not have been realised.

Over several seasons I have actually been very skeptical, and have written such, of the plan's reliance to land a BigFish, and in particular a BigFish FA as it boiled done into having heaps $$$ and in being seen as a Destination Club. Players rarely swap for $$$$ alone unless the offer is ridiculous (think Gablett) and as for being a Destination Club, well that will not be until we are actually already a very good team, and so will not be a carrot while we are building.

North's mega-$$$$ offers have just reinforced the fallacy on relying on $$$ as the main bait, and as for us being a Destination Club as bait. That is a pipe dream.

Players if gained from other clubs by us will the disaffected, the out of favours, or the flawed or those not getting a go or those hearing the come home call strongly. The rough diamonds rather than the diamonds.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

Sainternist wrote:
Moods wrote:
Sainternist wrote:
stonecold wrote:
Sainternist wrote:
desertsaint wrote:not keen on him, unless he's going very cheap. i would do a second rounder, but we don't have one.
we have no one we'd let go in a trade for him that they'd take. i.e. i'd give them lonie, or hickey, or weller, or armo.
Just imagine we miss out on getting Kelly and pick up this bum instead. Not a good outcome.

All-Australian, Premiership bum!!!!!
That All-Australian accolade went straight to his and he went downhill skiing after it (possibly nose first). Either way he has drowned in his own bathwater. We don't need these types. Carlisle was enough of a risk, which has seemingly seemed to pan out. I just get the impression we'd get absolutely fleeced by Footscray for a basket-case. No good!

Agree with this. Dogs aren't going to relerase a bloke of this caliber unless there's some serious issues.
Absolutely! This has the word "AVOID" written all over it.
The writing I'm seeing reads "CERVI".

He left a void. :cry:

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
bigcarl wrote:
I can see from your posts that you are pretty keen for the club to land a big fish. Personally I'm happy for the club to invest in youth through the draft and hopefully grow our own big fish. Let's call it a difference in philosophy.
No, you have misunderstood what I have written. What I have written is that it is the Club's long avowed strategy to land a Big Fish now.

Their plan not mine.
Ah, okay. You'll be happy with the way it's gone then with us unable to land one.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
Ah, okay. You'll be happy with the way it's gone then with us unable to land one.

Problem is that our list management team have a better record of late of assessing players from other clubs, than of kids in the draft.

Overall the club has done a reasonable job of rebuilding the list and team. Problem is though that they have not been turning up enough elite/very good players and that to make the next step we need some absolute quality. Just getting more average to good players will achieve little as it will just squeeze out another average to good player.

So they need to NAIL our first two picks.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
minneapolis
Club Player

Due diligence!
Nicky Dal was saying that he had to endure a ton of off-field issues.

OK there was a woman dating two guys but what else? Anyone know or able to surmise?

Nothing better than a good Dad Joke.
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

C'mon everybody thinks they know what's going on, so what was it that Stringer did that made the Bulldogs kick him out? He may be a selfish tosser but he is an All Australian and has a ton of ability. Put it this way we would all accept a straight swap between Lonie and Stringer.

saintbob
SS Life Member

PASS

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Not a chance of wanting him at our club.

dals_da_bomb
Club Player

Ive only read rumours. I have no idea whats true and whats not. Im not sure i really care. I dont know anyone personally.

However I can be sure of this.

If the saints take him and IF there is a story to be had.. you can bet your bloody house it will break when he signs with the Saints.

"Saints star (insert rumour)"

However - my personal opinions aside - and they are opinions aplenty because there is that many version or events - im not sure its a solid no from me.
I could be very tempted with a very well written contract and expectations.
Not that his keen on us anyway - apparently.

The Tiger and the Lion may be more powerful, but the Wolf does not perform in the circus.
GregPackhamsHeadband
Club Player

Had a very interesting conversation with a close family friend of the Stringer's while doing a speaking gig in Bendigo, his home town today. The place is a buzz with what his next move might be. Seems he once played a couple of games for the Bendigo Bombers. Anyhow, the nice lady I spoke to assured me his problems were due to his relationship break up and that it had affected him very badly. She blamed his partner and accused her of being a "nut job" who was making his life very difficult with her erratic behaviour. She told me her experience was that he came from a good, well respected family and that he was basically a decent guy. She rubbished claims he was on the drugs, but then again, how could she know for sure?

On a positive note, his family is very supportive amd his parents have moved to Melbourne to be with him, help out with the kids and get him back on track. That is encouraging news, no matter where he ends up. Those of us who have been through divorce, or relationship break ups where young kids are involved will know how traumatic that can be. It's enough to drive anyone down, especially one so young. This has been aggravated by the fact his partner is determined to play the whole mess out in public. The young man is just 23. Plenty on here have judged him without knowing anything about him or his circumstances. I don't know that what this lady said about him is true, but she seemed genuine and it seems that the folk at the talk were behind him, as was the town of Bendigo. Support is so important at these times.

I know Luke Beveridge punting him is a very big red flag as Luke is renowned for his man management skills, but he could end up the bargain of the century if he can be secured at the right price. Today's Dusty of yesteryear. All Australian and premiership player. Get him if we can. It seems Geelong is his first preference, with his connection to Hayden Skipworth giving the dopers an inside run. You never know what might happen. We might still be able to pinch him.

I think you're pretty tough, don't I?