Stringer

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

Re: Stringer

Supposedly we are out of the race for stronger according to BF

#1 Ryder fan
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

MC Gusto wrote:Supposedly we are out of the race for stronger according to BF
Cats and Bombers will go hard.
Bombers will throw the kitchen sink at him one would think.

GregPackhamsHeadband
Club Player

The Bendigo connection is strong. Hayden Skipworth is the link. He was something of a mentor to Jake when with the Bendigo Bummers. I reckon they've got the inside running. I wonder what they're willing to pay?

I think you're pretty tough, don't I?
MickThomas
Club Player

GregPackhamsHeadband wrote:The Bendigo connection is strong. Hayden Skipworth is the link. He was something of a mentor to Jake when with the Bendigo Bummers. I reckon they've got the inside running. I wonder what they're willing to pay?
Bendigo? If he ended up playing in a country league, all they could offer him would be free groceries, a bar tab at the local watering hole
and a car from Honest John's Used Cars and Horse Floats

2020 was an aberration, when we travelled twice to Adelaide and won both, beat Tigers early, beat our bogey Swans. 2021 we've returned to our old ways. Damn
suss
Club Player

Spoke to a well connected bulldog's fan and mentioned what clubs might chase stringer. He certainly said we had the most to offer and didn't hint at there being a front runner. Geelong might have cap problems was his suggestion.

Too early rule anyone in or out I reckon.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

suss wrote:Spoke to a well connected bulldog's fan and mentioned what clubs might chase stringer. He certainly said we had the most to offer and didn't hint at there being a front runner. Geelong might have cap problems was his suggestion.

A well connected Bulldogs supporter?
Please do tell..

GregPackhamsHeadband
Club Player

MickThomas wrote:
GregPackhamsHeadband wrote:The Bendigo connection is strong. Hayden Skipworth is the link. He was something of a mentor to Jake when with the Bendigo Bummers. I reckon they've got the inside running. I wonder what they're willing to pay?
Bendigo? If he ended up playing in a country league, all they could offer him would be free groceries, a bar tab at the local watering hole
and a car from Honest John's Used Cars and Horse Floats
Bendigo being the Essendon connection, MT.

I think you're pretty tough, don't I?
Saintly Passion
Club Player

Telling about the bloke that no one club has gone super hard from the outset...

suss
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:
suss wrote:Spoke to a well connected bulldog's fan and mentioned what clubs might chase stringer. He certainly said we had the most to offer and didn't hint at there being a front runner. Geelong might have cap problems was his suggestion.

Please do tell..
I can't, but he is connected and definitely ITK. On the other hand, the Dogs might not know what Stringer has decided.

Personally, I'd be surprised if he's committed so soon. More likely he'll sit down with people from a few melbourne clubs before making a choice. Richo is a fan though, and he might become a fan of Richos.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

suss wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:

Please do tell..
I can't, but he is connected and definitely ITK. On the other hand, the Dogs might not know what Stringer has decided.

Personally, I'd be surprised if he's committed so soon. More likely he'll sit down with people from a few melbourne clubs before making a choice. Richo is a fan though, and he might become a fan of Richos.

'Definitely ITK'

As if Stringer is talking to the Bulldogs right now.
Would be radio silence.

suss
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:
suss wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:

Please do tell..

'Definitely ITK'

Would be radio silence.

What the f*** is your problem? I made that patently clear ...

You need another spell.

IanRush
SS Hall of Fame

Offer him a good club environment and he can join. Look at how the better clubs nurture players into men. Norf did farq all with Carey (turned him into a pig) yet Hawthorn kept Dermie on the straight and narrow (I'd say Allan jeans kept some of that crew disciplined). All about offering players a nurturing environment, as they pay scales in the AFL are now pretty much the same.

USELESS FACT: The WADA case against Essendon (in Sydney as well) is exactly 10 years to the day that Australia qualified for the 2006 FIFA World Cup.
prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

Meh... For the Bulldogs to really push him out the door you've got to wonder wtf is going on behind the scenes. Wouldn't touch him.

jimmy_slats
Club Player

suss wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
suss wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:

Please do tell..

'Definitely ITK'

Would be radio silence.

You need another spell.
Come on mate you have to admit it all sounds a lil suss....

'WALK THIS WAY!!!!!'
ctqs
Club Player

I don't pretend to be an ITK at our club let alone at another club but a mate is at the Bulldogs (he told me Stringer was on the outer months ago). He says the word from the Bulldogs is North is the most likely destination as it stands with a deal that will see Stringer and the Dogs' first pick go to North for the Kangaroos' first and third-round picks.

Still waiting for closure ... if you get my drift.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

suss wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
suss wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:

Please do tell..

'Definitely ITK'

Would be radio silence.

You need another spell.
Harsh!

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

By " most to offer" did he mean to Stringer, or more likely did he mean to the Dogs as we finished lowest and have two picks before the others.

If the latter then he is just dreaming as what matters is not what the Dogs would like, but what Stringer can gain from a club.

The second that the Doggies showed Stringer the door they lost the ability to dictate where he went. They will get unders for him, and they will not choose which club he goes to. Stringer and his manager will.

The club that lands Stringer will be the one that convinces him to join him. Doggies will then get unders in trade. Not ridiculous, but not a great deal for them that is for sure.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
suss
Club Player

saintsRrising wrote:

By " most to offer" did he mean to Stringer, or more likely did he mean to the Dogs as we finished lowest and have two picks before the others.

If the latter then he is just dreaming as what matters is not what the Dogs would like, but what Stringer can gain from a club.

The second that the Doggies showed Stringer the door they lost the ability to dictate where he went. They will get unders for him, and they will not choose which club he goes to. Stringer and his manager will.

The club that lands Stringer will be the one that convinces him to join him. Doggies will then get unders in trade. Not ridiculous, but not a great deal for them that is for sure.
He meant in terms of picks. I was actually surprised he didn't say "he's off to the bombers/cats", which I thought was interesting in itself.

As I said above, Stringer might've shut down all communication with the dogs but if anyone there has an idea, this guy does. He's pretty gutted it turned out like this.

suss
Club Player

saynta wrote:
suss wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
suss wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:

Please do tell..

'Definitely ITK'

Would be radio silence.

You need another spell.
Harsh!
But fair ... :wink:

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

Saints fans are dreaming if they think Stringer is coming to the us. This thread has gone nuts.

He will go to 5-6 vic clubs before the Saints even get a look in.

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

suss wrote:
He meant in terms of picks. I was actually surprised he didn't say "he's off to the bombers/cats", which I thought was interesting in itself.

As I said above, Stringer might've shut down all communication with the dogs but if anyone there has an idea, this guy does. He's pretty gutted it turned out like this.
Well what the Dogs want and value matters for nought now. That have no real influence over where he will land and will only come in the picture to be negotiated with once Stringer decides and IMO will have to trade for unders.

If we want Stringer we need to convince Stringer.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Essendon + Stringer = Perfect Match

Glad we didn't pay through the nose for that rotten sod. All the supporters would have to lock up their daughters with him hanging around the club.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!