Stringer

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Re: Stringer

Postby thejiggingsaint » Fri 08 Sep 2017 1:27pm

Bernard Shakey wrote:
Numpty wrote:
thejiggingsaint wrote: So forget about Kelly? Forget about using our first round picks for good kids? To take a chance on another "project"? If you really think the Bulldogs would accept less than our first round picks plus a player for Stinger you're dreaming

Stinger is a great friend of mine, and a true patriot. I'd hire him in an instant, an instant, believe me! And I don't worry about the Dreamers, and neither does Stinger, believe me. :twisted: #dreamingofSaintStinger.

I didn't know he'd gone to the NFL. I'm watching the Patriots at the moment and haven't seen hide nor hair of him.
Are you sure he's a patriot?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dream the impossible dream: Go Saints! (to hell with the rest!) :D
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Postby Linton Lodger » Fri 08 Sep 2017 1:44pm

Stringer is gifted, but The Bulldogs have issues with his preparation and personal life. Now issues in his personal life may be transient, but a lack of work ethic is a real worry.

Then if we did recruit him, one of him, Bruce, Membrey or McCartin would be playing for Sandy, as there wouldn't be room for all of them. Despite the risk, Is he exactly what we need? I think mids are our priority.
Linton Lodger
Club Player

Postby stonecold » Fri 08 Sep 2017 1:50pm

Linton Lodger wrote:Stringer is gifted, but The Bulldogs have issues with his preparation and personal life. Now issues in his personal life may be transient, but a lack of work ethic is a real worry.

Then if we did recruit him, one of him, Bruce, Membrey or McCartin would be playing for Sandy, as there wouldn't be room for all of them. Despite the risk, Is he exactly what we need? I think mids are our priority.

Richo talking about trying him in the mid-field rotations, so he would have to work on he's tank!!!!!
'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!
stonecold
Club Player

Postby parkeysainter » Fri 08 Sep 2017 2:50pm

Bring back Phil Narkle's helmet into fashion
parkeysainter
Club Player

Postby Sainternist » Fri 08 Sep 2017 3:28pm

Linton Lodger wrote:Stringer is gifted, but The Bulldogs have issues with his preparation and personal life. Now issues in his personal life may be transient, but a lack of work ethic is a real worry.

+1

You are absolutely 100% on the mark here.
The Saints are looking prettay...prettay...prettay...PRETTY GOOD!
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Postby meher baba » Fri 08 Sep 2017 3:35pm

I reckon Stringer would be a terrific pick up. Well worth pursuing.
"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Postby The_President » Fri 08 Sep 2017 9:09pm

meher baba wrote:I reckon Stringer would be a terrific pick up. Well worth pursuing.

Western Bulldogs have been rumoured to be interested in Gold & Stef Martin... Maybe Hickey could be involved for us?

Longer overtook Hick this year... Plus we'd still have Marshall as a back up.
The_President
Club Player

Postby Enrico_Misso » Fri 08 Sep 2017 10:08pm

I thought we banned him from this site?
"Understand that you are all custodians of the St Kilda Football Club...you are responsible for making the difficult decisions to make this Club great. Those decisions will not always be popular, for popular decisions are easily made - but those that will truly make us great are those that challenge us most." - Allan Jeans as told to Chris Pelchen 2012.
Enrico_Misso
Saintsational Legend

Location: Moorabbin Chapter of The Royal Society of Hagiographers

Postby The Recruit » Fri 08 Sep 2017 10:13pm

Straight swap for Lonie will work...hope Jack wants to be a bulldog..then we are set
'Remember that guy that gave up. Neither does anyone else.'
The Recruit
Club Player

Postby thejiggingsaint » Fri 08 Sep 2017 10:17pm

The Recruit wrote:Straight swap for Lonie will work...hope Jack wants to be a bulldog..then we are set

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Postby dragit » Fri 08 Sep 2017 10:23pm

We wouldn't gain much

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Postby The Recruit » Fri 08 Sep 2017 10:54pm

dragit wrote:We wouldn't gain much

Seriously...
18 more goals for one
5cm for another

Lonie is no comparison to stringer...stringer was still better than Lonie in a year from hell with no pre season and lucky to train...in a team that hates him
The Recruit
Club Player

Postby silverhalo » Fri 08 Sep 2017 11:15pm

Stringer is gifted, just ask him. NO from me, the guy's a basket case, I don't care how much natural ability he has
silverhalo
Club Player

Postby The Recruit » Fri 08 Sep 2017 11:27pm

silverhalo wrote:

Stringer is gifted, just ask him. NO from me, the guy's a basket case, I don't care how much natural ability he has

Classic stkilda attitude that missed cousins and would have missed Carlisle if he had not signed when he did
The Recruit
Club Player

Postby SaintPav » Fri 08 Sep 2017 11:31pm

If Dogs want to offload Stinger we should be wary.

Talent is beyond question but he comes across as a flog.

Buyer beware.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Postby The Recruit » Fri 08 Sep 2017 11:35pm

SaintPav wrote:If Dogs want to offload Stinger we should be wary.

Buyer beware.

True
It is a high risk high reward situation.

Dusty was in a very similar position 3-4 years ago...shopped around and no one wanted him.
Just think if the opportunity came and we could get him without losing our first rounds picks the reward could be enourmous
The Recruit
Club Player

Postby Con Gorozidis » Fri 08 Sep 2017 11:38pm

The Recruit wrote:

Buyer beware.

True

Dusty was in a very similar position 3-4 years ago...shopped around and no one wanted him.
Just think if the opportunity came and we could get him without losing our first rounds picks the reward could be enourmous

Gandhi.
Good bloke. s*** at footy.
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Postby SaintPav » Sat 09 Sep 2017 12:02am

The Recruit wrote:

Buyer beware.

True

Blame Scott fkn Watters for that.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Postby SaintPav » Sat 09 Sep 2017 12:04am

Con Gorozidis wrote:
The Recruit wrote:

Buyer beware.

True

Gandhi.
Good bloke. s*** at footy.

Problem was that he didn't like to tackle and he liked sit ins. He also used to drink his own piss which put the trainers off.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Postby diddley » Sat 09 Sep 2017 12:05am

The Recruit wrote:

Buyer beware.

True

That's exactly what I was thinking. Dusty couldn't find anyone interested a few years ago, now he has everyone falling over themselves to sign him. I think stringer could be the same. COULD. Emphasis on that word.
diddley
Club Player

Postby parkeysainter » Mon 11 Sep 2017 5:39pm

Apparantly the Saints, Dons and Cats are looking at him.
parkeysainter
Club Player

Postby GregPackhamsHeadband » Mon 11 Sep 2017 5:53pm

I reckon he's worth a punt. High risk, but as long as we don't give up to much for him, he could become our Stevie J or Dusty, two certified corkheads who turned their careers around. Then again, he could become our next Bill Barrott or Andrew Lovett. I hate thinking like that. Too many years of disappointment has poisoned my mind. Still, I'll take a swig of Jiggster's medicinal compound and say "let's back ourselves in to fix him. Get him!"
I think you're pretty tough, don't I?
GregPackhamsHeadband
Club Player

Postby parkeysainter » Mon 11 Sep 2017 5:56pm

GregPackhamsHeadband wrote:I reckon he's worth a punt. High risk, but as long as we don't give up to much for him, he could become our Stevie J or Dusty, two certified corkheads who turned their careers around. Then again, he could become our next Bill Barrott or Andrew Lovett. I hate thinking like that. Too many years of disappointment has poisoned my mind. Still, I'll take a swig of Jiggster's medicinal compound and say "let's back ourselves in to fix him. Get him!"

I'm starting to think lets grab him. Lets take the punt if it's really one anyway.
parkeysainter
Club Player

Postby thejiggingsaint » Mon 11 Sep 2017 7:45pm

Hmmmmmm? The Lovett trade has probably put me off "taking a punt" on someone like Stringer. When Essendon let Lovett come to us, I remember thinking to myself; why would a club like Essendon let a good player walk away like that. History shows that Lovett was "exited" by the bombers. I'm hearing WAY too many negatives about Stringer's attitude to want to see the Saints end up with egg on their (OUR) faces again. I say NO! ....... now pass me the medicinal compound! :lol: :lol: :lol:
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Postby SaintPav » Mon 11 Sep 2017 7:46pm

Check this forward line out.

HF Billings Bruce Membrey

F Gresham McCartin Stringer
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Saintsational Fan Forum (open to all ages)