Jaxons come on down (2017/18 thread)

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Waltzing St Kilda
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Jaxons come on down (2017/18 thread)

Weren't we thinking of picking up Jordan McMahon at one point?

Maybe he could've kicked a winning goal for us and netted up Patrick Cripps.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote:There are no ITK'S. Thete are only those who act and those who react. Some people hear things and repeat them. Some people just dont listen and others say things over and over without a clue or care as to what anyone else does, says or thinks..
:shock: Heresy! However, I didn't see anyone else wearing a Saintsational nametag at the last ITK AGM, so I assume you're correct.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote:
ace wrote:Please can an ITK explain.
Why we spent around 964 draft points to buy pick 34 worth draft 542 points.
That's like giving up pick 18/19 in 2018 for pick 34 in 2017

Draft pick points valued after 2017 trade period
2018 draft picks based on clubs finishing the same in 2018 and compensation picks the same.
We got 2017 pick 34 = 542 points
2018 pick 73 = 9 points

They got 2018 pick 27 = 703 points
2017 pick 59 = 158 points
2017 pick 63= 112 points

Last year within 24 hours of the end of 2017 trade period, I asked why Hawthorn was allowed to trade away both Hawthorn's 2017 1st round and Hawthorn's 2017 2nd round picks.
No ITKs answered until over a week later the AFL admits they stuffed up.
This year early in the trade period I asked why Melbourne was allowed to trade away both Melbourne's 2018 1st round and Melbourne's 2018 4th round pick in the same deal.
No ITKs answered.

If I don't get explanations this time, I can only conclude no-one is ITK.
Look at it this way.

2017 draft
Pick 7
Pick 8
Pick 34
Pick 40 - Logan Austin (ready to step up)
Pick 45 - I dont think we will use this pick but we can.
We also couldnt have used pick 59 and 63. We only have 2 list positions to fill but seeings we acquired 34 it looks like Holmes, our only uncontracted player, is a goner. 34 is better than 45. Nearly 200 points better.

Dempster Montagna and Riewoldt retired makes 38 players on the players list.
Logan in makes it 39
Holmes delisted makes it 38
Picks 7, 8 and 34 make 41

We can take 2 more rookies to add to our 4. The eligibility rules for rookies is changing too so all these category A guys can play from round 1.
This would be a good move cause they are cheap and disposable. Lonie might end up being one (now that he knows he has no better options) and we might use 45 in 2017 too.
So in 2018 we could have 41 players on the primary list and 6 rookies. 47 in total.

Is it so hard to see? This was all explained earlier.

As for the trading future picks fiasco. I think it was mentioned after the 1st time you bought this up that after the AFL got busted (by you, well done) with assisting Hawthorn to properly compensate the AFL Suns they changed the rules an made it a free for all this year.

There are no ITK'S. Thete are only those who act and those who react. Some people hear things and repeat them. Some people just dont listen and others say things over and over without a clue or care as to what anyone else does, says or thinks..
No, you can only have 40 on the primary list.

After the three retirements we had 37 players, not 38.

Add Logan as the 38th player, we need to delist one more player, two if we are goung to draft 4 players.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:
CQ SAINT wrote:
ace wrote:Please can an ITK explain.
Why we spent around 964 draft points to buy pick 34 worth draft 542 points.
That's like giving up pick 18/19 in 2018 for pick 34 in 2017

Draft pick points valued after 2017 trade period
2018 draft picks based on clubs finishing the same in 2018 and compensation picks the same.
We got 2017 pick 34 = 542 points
2018 pick 73 = 9 points

They got 2018 pick 27 = 703 points
2017 pick 59 = 158 points
2017 pick 63= 112 points

Last year within 24 hours of the end of 2017 trade period, I asked why Hawthorn was allowed to trade away both Hawthorn's 2017 1st round and Hawthorn's 2017 2nd round picks.
No ITKs answered until over a week later the AFL admits they stuffed up.
This year early in the trade period I asked why Melbourne was allowed to trade away both Melbourne's 2018 1st round and Melbourne's 2018 4th round pick in the same deal.
No ITKs answered.

If I don't get explanations this time, I can only conclude no-one is ITK.
Look at it this way.

2017 draft
Pick 7
Pick 8
Pick 34
Pick 40 - Logan Austin (ready to step up)
Pick 45 - I dont think we will use this pick but we can.
We also couldnt have used pick 59 and 63. We only have 2 list positions to fill but seeings we acquired 34 it looks like Holmes, our only uncontracted player, is a goner. 34 is better than 45. Nearly 200 points better.

Dempster Montagna and Riewoldt retired makes 38 players on the players list.
Logan in makes it 39
Holmes delisted makes it 38
Picks 7, 8 and 34 make 41

We can take 2 more rookies to add to our 4. The eligibility rules for rookies is changing too so all these category A guys can play from round 1.
This would be a good move cause they are cheap and disposable. Lonie might end up being one (now that he knows he has no better options) and we might use 45 in 2017 too.
So in 2018 we could have 41 players on the primary list and 6 rookies. 47 in total.

Is it so hard to see? This was all explained earlier.

As for the trading future picks fiasco. I think it was mentioned after the 1st time you bought this up that after the AFL got busted (by you, well done) with assisting Hawthorn to properly compensate the AFL Suns they changed the rules an made it a free for all this year.

There are no ITK'S. Thete are only those who act and those who react. Some people hear things and repeat them. Some people just dont listen and others say things over and over without a clue or care as to what anyone else does, says or thinks..
No, you can only have 40 on the primary list.

After the three retirements we had 37 players, not 38.

Add Logan as the 38th player, we need to delist one more player, two if we are goung to draft 4 players.
You are right Saynta. My bad. Hopefully we use 3 draft picks and rookie list Lonie if he agrees.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

WTF would he agree to that?

Just signed a 1 year senior player deal that most likely would have match payments attached.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
saynta
Saintsational Legend

The saints have delisted Holmes with Pierce going onto the rookie list.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:WTF would he agree to that?

Just signed a 1 year senior player deal that most likely would have match payments attached.
I didnt know he had resigned. Last I heard he was checking his options. Seems he didnt have many.

Sainters4

Late in the trade period we offered Atkins a deal to become a saint, Atkins has been looking for a move back home and we put pick 34 and 45 forward but it wasn't enough to convince Adelaide, in my eyes I feel a pick 7 or 8 would have got the deal done

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Sainters4 wrote:Late in the trade period we offered Atkins a deal to become a saint, Atkins has been looking for a move back home and we put pick 34 and 45 forward but it wasn't enough to convince Adelaide, in my eyes I feel a pick 7 or 8 would have got the deal done
Even after Lever leaving? I feel they might have stood their ground unless Atkins was specific about the Saints. When is out of contract?

MickThomas
Club Player

There's currently 47 guests on here.
I wonder if one is Jaxons, visiting without logging on.
Doggone it :mrgreen:

2020 was an aberration, when we travelled twice to Adelaide and won both, beat Tigers early, beat our bogey Swans. 2021 we've returned to our old ways. Damn
Drake Huggins
Club Player

MickThomas wrote:There's currently 47 guests on here.
I wonder if one is Jaxons, visiting without logging on.
Doggone it :mrgreen:
Cheeky! :D

"Is this the right room for an argument?"
"I told you once."
"No, you didn't."
"Yes, I did."
"Listen, an argument isn't just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says, it's a series of statements designed to support a particular conclusion."
"No, it isn't."
"Oh, I've had enough of this."
"No you haven't"
"Oh shut up."
damienc
Club Player

Jaxons. If you are truly A.Bains I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your ITK posts and your work for the St Kilda Footy club.

It was great to get some intell from the inner sanctum.

I also would like to wish you well in your new venture with the doggies (dish lickers).

Their gain is our loss. You did a great job for our footy club and I am sure you will be missed in more ways than one.

For a start you will no longer be in the firing line for character assassination on this forum, to the everlasting disappointment of some.

I hope we can welcome you back at the Saints at some point in the future. And we will definitely miss your ITKs.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

damienc wrote:Jaxons. If you are truly A.Bains I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your ITK posts and your work for the St Kilda Footy club.

It was great to get some intell from the inner sanctum.

I also would like to wish you well in your new venture with the doggies (dish lickers).

Their gain is our loss. You did a great job for our footy club and I am sure you will be missed in more ways than one.

For a start you will no longer be in the firing line for character assassination on this forum, to the everlasting disappointment of some.

I hope we can welcome you back at the Saints at some point in the future. And we will definitely miss your ITKs.
I don't believe Jaxons is Bains. He couldn't be that stupid that he would be posting here. Jaxons is the janitor.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Drake Huggins
Club Player

Jaxsons is Ameet's biographer. The working title is, "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly."

"Is this the right room for an argument?"
"I told you once."
"No, you didn't."
"Yes, I did."
"Listen, an argument isn't just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says, it's a series of statements designed to support a particular conclusion."
"No, it isn't."
"Oh, I've had enough of this."
"No you haven't"
"Oh shut up."
MickThomas
Club Player

Drake Huggins wrote:Jaxsons is Ameet's biographer. The working title is, "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly."
The next instalment, of course, will be
"A Fistful of Dollars"
:shock: :mrgreen: :roll:

(just like volleyball, you set it up for someone to hit it over the net!!!)

2020 was an aberration, when we travelled twice to Adelaide and won both, beat Tigers early, beat our bogey Swans. 2021 we've returned to our old ways. Damn
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

MickThomas wrote:
Drake Huggins wrote:Jaxsons is Ameet's biographer. The working title is, "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly."
The next instalment, of course, will be
"A Fistful of Dollars"
:shock: :mrgreen: :roll:

(just like volleyball, you set it up for someone to hit it over the net!!!)
And then:

Unforgiven

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
loris
Saintsational Legend

He's browsing the forum now.....so not driven away!!!!

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Apparently 'Gubby' Allan is 'well regarded' in 'AFL circles' so really not sure it counts for much.

Numpty

loris wrote:202 conscripts were killed. IMHO, that was one conscript too many, but that is only my opinion. I’m just pointing out facts to you.
Correct! Facts! Not fake news! Fake news like that Mexican communist hippie 'to the tulips' keeps spouting, believe me.

Those conscripts knew what they were getting in for! :twisted: However, I would like to know the identity of that 'one' true patriot whom you mention, Loris. I'm sure he was a patriot, a true patriot, right? I'd like to call his wife and offer my condolences. (As long as she isn't black, of course. Or Puerto Rican.) And I might even send my ambassador around to throw some flowers at his grave. Tulips maybe? At the grave? That would be fun I think.

I really appreciate your attitude on this Loris, believe me. We need more swamp drainers, and drainers of the swamp. Just like you Loris. You are a swamp drainer, and a patriot, believe me. And, you even have a Christian name Loris. I would bet that you are a slim one too, not a slow one? just like my wife, Melanoma. Right? No doubt, believe me. So as you have a Christian name, and are slim, not slow, I will say, Merry Christmas to you, believe me. Merry Christmas Loris!

Do you know anything about building walls btw??? :? #makingconscriptionswampdrainingandthrowingstuffatgrievingpeoplegrateagain

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Numpty wrote:
loris wrote:202 conscripts were killed. IMHO, that was one conscript too many, but that is only my opinion. I’m just pointing out facts to you.
Correct! Facts! Not fake news! Fake news like that Mexican communist hippie 'to the tulips' keeps spouting, believe me.

Those conscripts knew what they were getting in for! :twisted: However, I would like to know the identity of that 'one' true patriot whom you mention, Loris. I'm sure he was a patriot, a true patriot, right? I'd like to call his wife and offer my condolences. (As long as she isn't black, of course. Or Puerto Rican.) And I might even send my ambassador around to throw some flowers at his grave. Tulips maybe? At the grave? That would be fun I think.

I really appreciate your attitude on this Loris, believe me. We need more swamp drainers, and drainers of the swamp. Just like you Loris. You are a swamp drainer, and a patriot, believe me. And, you even have a Christian name Loris. I would bet that you are a slim one too, not a slow one? just like my wife, Melanoma. Right? No doubt, believe me. So as you have a Christian name, and are slim, not slow, I will say, Merry Christmas to you, believe me. Merry Christmas Loris!

Do you know anything about building walls btw??? :? #makingconscriptionswampdrainingandthrowingstuffatgrievingpeoplegrateagain
Where can I buy one of your red hats? I think Ameet Bains is a communist. And a muslim.

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

Again the post has become a political thread and as such is locked and will be reviewed further for breaches. Our lack of time currently to issue warnings does not mean that posters will escape warnings or bans. We have many reports to assess from several threads.

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"