Jaxons come on down (2017/18 thread)

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Re: Jaxons come on down (2017/18 thread)

Postby MickThomas » Mon 11 Sep 2017 1:06am

Con Gorozidis wrote:
MickThomas wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:It is 7.4km from Port Melbourne to North's Arden St training facility. A 10 minutes drive.

https://www.google.com.au/maps/dir/Port ... !3e0?dcr=0

It is 20km from Port Melbourne to Moorabbin. A 30 minutes drive.

This is why the Mods employ me to be a fact checker on here :lol:


oh for gawd's sake. Those trip times are 11:30 pm on a Sunday night.
Try driving to North Melb during normal traffic. How about One hour and 10 minutes.
he could live in the Pigeon's house for a while and just walk to Linton St (Weller lives about 300m from RSEA Park)


Not true. The drive to Arden st from Port Melb is an easy one.


I spent my formative years in Port Melb. Williamstown Rd, going in towards the Crown Casino, is a breeze.
Going past Victoria Markets can be a major hassle and hold-up, depending on time of day.
Con Gorozides isn't a troll, he has opinions like we all do.
If you disagree with him and attack personally
rather than use logic and facts,
you're either lazy or your comment can be viewed as trolling.
MickThomas
Club Player
 
Posts: 418
Joined: Mon 21 Aug 2017 1:23am
Location: Doncaster, Victoria

Re: Jaxons come on down (2017/18 thread)

Postby Joe Bloggs » Mon 11 Sep 2017 8:46am

parkeysainter wrote:I heard JK is now coming.

The planets and stars are aligning to head back home to bayside Melbourne for him.

I know I would take the lovely bayside Melbourne over western Sydney. Total no brainer.


Just because you train at western Sydney doesn't mean you would live there.
Joe Bloggs
Club Player
 
Posts: 354
Joined: Sat 13 Dec 2014 3:06pm

Re: Jaxons come on down (2017/18 thread)

Postby SMS » Mon 11 Sep 2017 9:32am

https://www.google.com.au/maps/dir/Hamp ... 53!3e0!5i1

45m - 55m from hampton. Which is where he'd be. AND that is being kind with no issues on the road. What about all the hold ups. One small crash and melbourne comes to standstill. Its 2 hours there and back. NO WAY would he want that. MOORABIN - 10mins there and back.

2hrs v 10 Minutes. Tick for the saints. Seriously starting to think hed be crazy NOT to take our offer. $1m Its a happy medium of pressure, plus he networks in the place he wants to live w/family/friends. Would be on much less to stay at giants?? With johnson griffen deludio mumford all cooked they arent as awesome as it seems certainly not team wise. Richmond is a team look how they play for each other. Giants are just a team of guns out for each other. WE are a team been buiding 3-4 years now. another 2 and were like tigers.
TEW just said on bigfooty its definite. LOL ahhh this is huge. Because its us we wont get him. bloody hell. :(
SMS
Club Player
 
Posts: 864
Joined: Fri 04 Nov 2011 3:00pm

Re: Jaxons come on down (2017/18 thread)

Postby MC Gusto » Mon 11 Sep 2017 10:51am

We are now arguing over travel times! This thread has come off track ever so slightly!

Come on guys...
#1 Acres fan
User avatar
MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 4331
Joined: Tue 09 Mar 2004 8:29am

Re: Jaxons come on down (2017/18 thread)

Postby CQ SAINT » Mon 11 Sep 2017 12:32pm

Norf said they would put in a helipad and pay another 3mill over the 6 years. No brainer.
CQ SAINT
Club Player
 
Posts: 498
Joined: Sat 12 Sep 2015 1:03pm

Re: Jaxons come on down (2017/18 thread)

Postby CQ SAINT » Mon 11 Sep 2017 12:34pm

He could ride his pushbike and take the train wearing sunnies and a hoody. I wonder what type of hoody it would be?
CQ SAINT
Club Player
 
Posts: 498
Joined: Sat 12 Sep 2015 1:03pm

Re: Jaxons come on down (2017/18 thread)

Postby desertsaint » Mon 11 Sep 2017 2:09pm

if he is coming home, we'd need to be matching north's offer or darn close to it to be a chance.
essendon and carlton are real worries - big clubs. we have location in our favour, and hopefully the steele friendship. north has the father connection. essendon's future looks equal with ours, if a little rosier.
"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
User avatar
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 6850
Joined: Sun 27 Apr 2008 2:02pm
Location: out there

Re: Jaxons come on down (2017/18 thread)

Postby Linton Lodger » Mon 11 Sep 2017 2:50pm

jaxons wrote:
Myron Gaines wrote:Jaxons, what are the chances the club/Kelly camp is leaking false info (Josh staying put) to alleviate any pressure while he & GWS have a finals campaign to think about? It's not out of the realm of possibility. Also, thoughts on Stringer to the Saints?



Myron I can tell you only what I know.
As of Tuesday I was categorically told he was not coming to Saints, and staying at GWS for 2 years.
Can it change, yes of course, however I know Paul Connors his manager is pushing hard for him to stay at GWS.
In the end it is Josh's call, but as of 5 days ago it was very very unlikely.
I have heard nothing about Stringer, but I can see an argument both ways.
On one hand, do we need a forward, when we really need quality mids, yet we need A graders desperately and when Stringer is on he is a match winner.


On Stringer, I have no doubt he could be a great midfielder, he's got the attributes to do what Dustin Martin does. Big question is, will he do the work required? We don't need another forward.

On Kelly, I don't for a minute doubt the bonafides of your information. However, the fact that he hasn't yet signed is curious. The kid may want to think long and hard, GWS have a stellar list, but between the ears they are miles off a Premiership team and I'd put a big query on their Coach.
Last edited by Linton Lodger on Mon 11 Sep 2017 5:28pm, edited 1 time in total.
Linton Lodger
Club Player
 
Posts: 1068
Joined: Mon 18 Aug 2014 2:07pm

Re: Jaxons come on down (2017/18 thread)

Postby Sainternist » Mon 11 Sep 2017 4:29pm

Saints43 wrote:
Sainter_Dad wrote:Official Rumour:

A mate of mine (our gardener actually) was having a drink down the pub with his sons and this young kid whose name rhymes with Whachie Litfield. He was told by this kid that he had been in talks with St Kilda regarding a 6 year deal since the start of the season.

Did you just want to tell us you have a gardener?

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk


How good are the Eddy Current Suppression Ring?!

This song is perfect for where our footy club is at right now: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIX6YbpJ5wM
The Saints are looking prettay...prettay...prettay...PRETTY GOOD!
Image
User avatar
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 9473
Joined: Thu 11 Mar 2004 12:57am
Location: South of Heaven

Re: Jaxons come on down (2017/18 thread)

Postby SMS » Mon 11 Sep 2017 4:52pm

desertsaint wrote:if he is coming home, we'd need to be matching north's offer or darn close to it to be a chance.
essendon and carlton are real worries - big clubs. we have location in our favour, and hopefully the steele friendship. north has the father connection. essendon's future looks equal with ours, if a little rosier.


As fans we are giving up on / very bearish on McCartin, Goddard and Freeman. As coaches and players they are BULLISH on those 3 for good reasons.
Players know it takes a few years and understand the curve. We as fans are stupid. We equate wins/losses to growth, We think injuries dont matter that its all equal every game. Like its some computer game.
We are in a great position. Need a few players but most positions are already on list and positions are filled with good talent. new facilities in bayside. We have much to sell J.Kelly dont worry.
SMS
Club Player
 
Posts: 864
Joined: Fri 04 Nov 2011 3:00pm

Re: Jaxons come on down (2017/18 thread)

Postby MC Gusto » Mon 11 Sep 2017 5:21pm

Great post!
#1 Acres fan
User avatar
MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 4331
Joined: Tue 09 Mar 2004 8:29am

Re: Jaxons come on down (2017/18 thread)

Postby Linton Lodger » Mon 11 Sep 2017 8:14pm

SMS wrote:
desertsaint wrote:if he is coming home, we'd need to be matching north's offer or darn close to it to be a chance.
essendon and carlton are real worries - big clubs. we have location in our favour, and hopefully the steele friendship. north has the father connection. essendon's future looks equal with ours, if a little rosier.


As fans we are giving up on / very bearish on McCartin, Goddard and Freeman. As coaches and players they are BULLISH on those 3 for good reasons.
Players know it takes a few years and understand the curve. We as fans are stupid. We equate wins/losses to growth, We think injuries dont matter that its all equal every game. Like its some computer game.
We are in a great position. Need a few players but most positions are already on list and positions are filled with good talent. new facilities in bayside. We have much to sell J.Kelly dont worry.


+1
Linton Lodger
Club Player
 
Posts: 1068
Joined: Mon 18 Aug 2014 2:07pm

Re: Jaxons come on down (2017/18 thread)

Postby Myron Gaines » Mon 11 Sep 2017 8:18pm

jaxons wrote:
Myron Gaines wrote:Jaxons, what are the chances the club/Kelly camp is leaking false info (Josh staying put) to alleviate any pressure while he & GWS have a finals campaign to think about? It's not out of the realm of possibility. Also, thoughts on Stringer to the Saints?



Myron I can tell you only what I know.
As of Tuesday I was categorically told he was not coming to Saints, and staying at GWS for 2 years.
Can it change, yes of course, however I know Paul Connors his manager is pushing hard for him to stay at GWS.
In the end it is Josh's call, but as of 5 days ago it was very very unlikely.
I have heard nothing about Stringer, but I can see an argument both ways.
On one hand, do we need a forward, when we really need quality mids, yet we need A graders desperately and when Stringer is on he is a match winner.


Cheers jaxons. Despite what you have been reliabily informed I suspect there's more to play out. Discounting all the rumours but using common sense suggests he's unlikely to remain a Giant. I don't know if he's coming to us but I do think he's on the move. Time will tell.
Last edited by Myron Gaines on Mon 11 Sep 2017 8:37pm, edited 1 time in total.
Myron Gaines
Club Player
 
Posts: 313
Joined: Tue 15 Mar 2016 7:03pm

Re: Jaxons come on down (2017/18 thread)

Postby SaintPav » Mon 11 Sep 2017 8:35pm

He'll either stay or go to one of the bigger clubs like Essendon or Carlton.

I can't see him choosing us.
User avatar
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 9633
Joined: Wed 16 Jun 2010 9:24pm
Location: Alma Road

Re: Jaxons come on down (2017/18 thread)

Postby Myron Gaines » Mon 11 Sep 2017 8:43pm

SaintPav wrote:He'll either stay or go to one of the bigger clubs like Essendon or Carlton.

I can't see him choosing us.


I think he will be a Saint. Ameet & Connors have orchestrated a covert arrangement for Kelly to be a Saint. Fake news being leaked that Kelly will remain a Giant is simply to deflect any trade questions towards Kelly & his current club while they are involved in a finals campaign. No inside knowledge, just my opinion.
Myron Gaines
Club Player
 
Posts: 313
Joined: Tue 15 Mar 2016 7:03pm

Re: Jaxons come on down (2017/18 thread)

Postby MC Gusto » Mon 11 Sep 2017 8:44pm

Jake Stringer will be on the way out of the Western Bulldogs.

According to Mitch Cleary on Sportsday, the club and he have come to an agreement now that it’s best for him to move on and the Dogs will be facilitating that in the offseason.

The 23-year-old wants to play at Essendon or Geelong next year.
#1 Acres fan
User avatar
MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 4331
Joined: Tue 09 Mar 2004 8:29am

Re: Jaxons come on down (2017/18 thread)

Postby Teflon » Tue 12 Sep 2017 12:27am

MickThomas wrote:
Teflon wrote:
saynta wrote:Why would anyone with a brain want to live on the northside of Melbourne.

Bayside for me any and every day of the week.

Lygon Street is the furtherest north I ever venture and the only very very occasionally.


Yes it's beautiful down there when the seweridge runs into the bay.....

King in the north here tanks...


*sewerage...
what's "King in the north here tanks"?


Sue ridge I went to school with
Tanks hold sewerage ...
I see dumb people...
Teflon
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 15062
Joined: Sat 13 Mar 2004 11:44pm

Re: Jaxons come on down (2017/18 thread)

Postby GregPackhamsHeadband » Tue 12 Sep 2017 12:38am

Teflon wrote:
MickThomas wrote:
Teflon wrote:
saynta wrote:Why would anyone with a brain want to live on the northside of Melbourne.

Bayside for me any and every day of the week.

Lygon Street is the furtherest north I ever venture and the only very very occasionally.


Yes it's beautiful down there when the seweridge runs into the bay.....

King in the north here tanks...


*sewerage...
what's "King in the north here tanks"?


Sue ridge I went to school with
Tanks hold sewerage ...

Is that Sue Ridge who lives out at Weribbee ?
I think you're pretty tough, don't I?
User avatar
GregPackhamsHeadband
Club Player
 
Posts: 495
Joined: Wed 02 Aug 2017 8:25pm
Location: Goward's Gulch

Re: Jaxons come on down (2017/18 thread)

Postby No Holds Bard » Tue 12 Sep 2017 12:43am

MC Gusto wrote:The 23-year-old wants to play at Essendon :roll: or Geelong :lol: next year.


Salad days, when he was green in judgment.

The common curse of mankind - folly and ignorance :mrgreen:
Ye cat lovers appreciate this. Tabby or not tabby. Cat, is the question.
User avatar
No Holds Bard
Club Player
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed 15 Jul 2015 2:43pm
Location: Looking for a horse.

Re: Jaxons come on down (2017/18 thread)

Postby dals_da_bomb » Tue 12 Sep 2017 11:49am

MC Gusto wrote:Jake Stringer will be on the way out of the Western Bulldogs.

According to Mitch Cleary on Sportsday, the club and he have come to an agreement now that it’s best for him to move on and the Dogs will be facilitating that in the offseason.

The 23-year-old wants to play at Essendon or Geelong next year.


The 23 year old doesnt know whats best for him.

The 23 year old will be my new fave player. *wolf whistles.
The Tiger and the Lion may be more powerful, but the Wolf does not perform in the circus.
User avatar
dals_da_bomb
Club Player
 
Posts: 910
Joined: Sun 03 Aug 2008 7:49pm

Re: Jaxons come on down (2017/18 thread)

Postby MC Gusto » Wed 13 Sep 2017 2:15pm

Why don't we have this as the one master thread on official rumours and not all the individual by player official rumour threads??
#1 Acres fan
User avatar
MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 4331
Joined: Tue 09 Mar 2004 8:29am

Re: Jaxons come on down (2017/18 thread)

Postby MickThomas » Wed 13 Sep 2017 4:16pm

MC Gusto wrote:Why don't we have this as the one master thread on official rumours and not all the individual by player official rumour threads??

Because I have been on other forums where they have Trade Rumours
and I have to trawl through 14 pages to find the player I am interested in
If we have one thread per player, we just go to that thread, easy
Con Gorozides isn't a troll, he has opinions like we all do.
If you disagree with him and attack personally
rather than use logic and facts,
you're either lazy or your comment can be viewed as trolling.
MickThomas
Club Player
 
Posts: 418
Joined: Mon 21 Aug 2017 1:23am
Location: Doncaster, Victoria

Re: Jaxons come on down (2017/18 thread)

Postby stonecold » Wed 13 Sep 2017 4:37pm

MickThomas wrote:
MC Gusto wrote:Why don't we have this as the one master thread on official rumours and not all the individual by player official rumour threads??

Because I have been on other forums where they have Trade Rumours
and I have to trawl through 14 pages to find the player I am interested in
If we have one thread per player, we just go to that thread, easy



Michael George, what's the of that band again?????

Simple Minds, was it????? haha!!!!!

You the pot or the Kettle????? Both????? ;-)
'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!
stonecold
Club Player
 
Posts: 1708
Joined: Thu 24 Sep 2015 3:12pm

Re: Jaxons come on down (2017/18 thread)

Postby MC Gusto » Wed 13 Sep 2017 9:05pm

Looks like Jaxsons was right about kelly....



Dunno why you blokes doubt him
#1 Acres fan
User avatar
MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 4331
Joined: Tue 09 Mar 2004 8:29am

Re: Jaxons come on down (2017/18 thread)

Postby 1966 » Wed 13 Sep 2017 9:08pm

Brett Anderson has just tweeted that he believes Kelly has agreeed to 2 year extension and likely to be a Roo in 2020.
1966
Club Player
 
Posts: 125
Joined: Tue 16 Mar 2004 2:46pm

PreviousNext

Return to Saintsational Fan Forum (open to all ages)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot], saintsRrising, Yahoo [Bot] and 12 guests