Jaxons come on down (2017/18 thread)

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Re: Jaxons come on down (2017/18 thread)

Postby supersaints » Wed 11 Oct 2017 9:37pm

degruch wrote:
prwilkinson wrote:Not much news at this stage.... waiting... watching.


Sounds like Motlop fluffing around, and the Dogs' massive backflip on Stringer might be holding everyone up...Geelong, Suns and Essendon sound like the big movers at this stage, all stranded. Good, gives us more time to sure up a deal on D Smith. :mrgreen:


Maybe Fatlop fluffing around on purpose.. Is Fatlop is trying to get back at the Cats..? He was told he wasn't wanted ( so they could get Ablett ) so why would he make it easy for them?

I'm not sure if this is right but if it is Geelong can't move on Ablett (until they find what compensation they get for Fatlop.) So if Fatlop is pissed off he's just " agreed " to sign with Port.. but he won't confirm it until close to the deadline so the cats are under pressure to trade better players for Ablett because they can't offer his a draft pick number ??
And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!
supersaints
Club Player
 
Posts: 1635
Joined: Fri 18 May 2007 11:13am

Re: Jaxons come on down (2017/18 thread)

Postby Drake Huggins » Wed 11 Oct 2017 9:48pm

Haynes and Tomlinson? Yes, please. For pick 8? Daryl Kerrigan is on the phone. We may have to throw in Hickey as well, but yes, yes, yes. Make it so, number one. I believe GWS wanted Gresham in a straight swap for Tomlinson. Hahahahahahahaha!
"Is this the right room for an argument?"
"I told you once."
"No, you didn't."
"Yes, I did."
"Listen, an argument isn't just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says, it's a series of statements designed to support a particular conclusion."
"No, it isn't."
"Oh, I've had enough of this."
"No you haven't"
"Oh shut up."
User avatar
Drake Huggins
Club Player
 
Posts: 357
Joined: Wed 04 Oct 2017 4:28pm
Location: The G.G. Huggins Stand

Re: Jaxons come on down (2017/18 thread)

Postby SMS » Wed 11 Oct 2017 9:50pm

Is it true jaxons 3 and 16 for 7,8?
Interesting. Not sure i mind either way. Would be nice to get rayner or uniacke though. And obrien/bonar may be a possibility at 16?
SMS
Club Player
 
Posts: 876
Joined: Fri 04 Nov 2011 3:00pm

Re: Jaxons come on down (2017/18 thread)

Postby jaxons » Wed 11 Oct 2017 10:02pm

SMS wrote:Is it true jaxons 3 and 16 for 7,8?
Interesting. Not sure i mind either way. Would be nice to get rayner or uniacke though. And obrien/bonar may be a possibility at 16?


Can you tell me how we get 3 and 16 when they are owned by two different clubs?
jaxons
Club Player
 
Posts: 541
Joined: Tue 13 Sep 2011 7:36pm

Re: Jaxons come on down (2017/18 thread)

Postby st.byron » Wed 11 Oct 2017 10:02pm

jaxons wrote:Ok will give you an update.
Haynes wants to come to us.
Tomlinson on the fence between staying or going and choosing Collingwood or us.
We are interested in Devon Smith and pitched to him last week, and would be happy to take him if Bombers can't do a deal.
Clearly we are reluctant to give up picks 7 and 8 so not sure how we do any of these deals.
We may do pick 8 for a later pick swap with GWS for Devon Smith but we want a pick in the teens that GWS don't have yet.
Still likely to go to draft with picks 7 and 8 at this stage, which I maintain is the right move.


Thanks Jaxons. Much appreciated.
User avatar
st.byron
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 7598
Joined: Tue 14 Jun 2005 7:04pm
Location: Mullum

Re: Jaxons come on down (2017/18 thread)

Postby SMS » Wed 11 Oct 2017 10:50pm

jaxons wrote:
SMS wrote:Is it true jaxons 3 and 16 for 7,8?
Interesting. Not sure i mind either way. Would be nice to get rayner or uniacke though. And obrien/bonar may be a possibility at 16?


Can you tell me how we get 3 and 16 when they are owned by two different clubs?


Gibbs deal apparently.

Rumor is if 16 goes to carton for gibbs then its on.

Could be awesome IF bonar, obrien or Hclarke slip to 16 which they could. Imagine we got Uniacke and Obrien?
SMS
Club Player
 
Posts: 876
Joined: Fri 04 Nov 2011 3:00pm

Re: Jaxons come on down (2017/18 thread)

Postby stonecold » Wed 11 Oct 2017 11:03pm

jaxons wrote:Ok will give you an update.
Haynes wants to come to us.
Tomlinson on the fence between staying or going and choosing Collingwood or us.
We are interested in Devon Smith and pitched to him last week, and would be happy to take him if Bombers can't do a deal.
Clearly we are reluctant to give up picks 7 and 8 so not sure how we do any of these deals.
We may do pick 8 for a later pick swap with GWS for Devon Smith but we want a pick in the teens that GWS don't have yet.
Still likely to go to draft with picks 7 and 8 at this stage, which I maintain is the right move.


Thanks Jax, nothing new there!!!!!
'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!
stonecold
Club Player
 
Posts: 1716
Joined: Thu 24 Sep 2015 3:12pm

Re: Jaxons come on down (2017/18 thread)

Postby Con Gorozidis » Wed 11 Oct 2017 11:16pm

SMS wrote:
jaxons wrote:
SMS wrote:Is it true jaxons 3 and 16 for 7,8?
Interesting. Not sure i mind either way. Would be nice to get rayner or uniacke though. And obrien/bonar may be a possibility at 16?


Can you tell me how we get 3 and 16 when they are owned by two different clubs?


Gibbs deal apparently.

Rumor is if 16 goes to carton for gibbs then its on.

Could be awesome IF bonar, obrien or Hclarke slip to 16 which they could. Imagine we got Uniacke and Obrien?


I quite like this idea. 3 & 16 for 7,8 aint a bad option for us imo.
User avatar
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 22663
Joined: Thu 19 Jun 2008 4:04pm

Re: Jaxons come on down (2017/18 thread)

Postby The Recruit » Wed 11 Oct 2017 11:19pm

jaxons wrote:Ok will give you an update.
Haynes wants to come to us.
Tomlinson on the fence between staying or going and choosing Collingwood or us.
We are interested in Devon Smith and pitched to him last week, and would be happy to take him if Bombers can't do a deal.
Clearly we are reluctant to give up picks 7 and 8 so not sure how we do any of these deals.
We may do pick 8 for a later pick swap with GWS for Devon Smith but we want a pick in the teens that GWS don't have yet.
Still likely to go to draft with picks 7 and 8 at this stage, which I maintain is the right move.


Brilliant
Thank you
'Remember that guy that gave up. Neither does anyone else.'
The Recruit
Club Player
 
Posts: 461
Joined: Tue 12 May 2015 12:50am

Re: Jaxons come on down (2017/18 thread)

Postby degruch » Wed 11 Oct 2017 11:26pm

SuperDuper wrote:
degruch wrote:
SuperDuper wrote:
degruch wrote:
prwilkinson wrote:Not much news at this stage.... waiting... watching.


Sounds like Motlop fluffing around, and the Dogs' massive backflip on Stringer might be holding everyone up...Geelong, Suns and Essendon sound like the big movers at this stage, all stranded. Good, gives us more time to sure up a deal on D Smith. :mrgreen:


Hardly a backflip. Listening to Conors gets you nowhere.

Seems very very simple to me. Stringer is clearly worth 11. If Essendon want him they give 11.

Consider how easy the trade of Mitchel from Sydney was last year

Bombers are the problem,.not a "backflip" from bulldogs who are entitled to ask for 11


Publicly potting your own player as you shove him out the door, claiming a poor work ethic, then asking for a deal involving a high R1 pick (it's not a straight #11 for Stringer) is absolutely a backflip.



There is no backflip at all. They said they will trade him and they still say they will trade him.
If it were not for all those things you mention, they would be keeping him. They have said they will trade him and they will but a trade means giving something and getting something. They never said they would give him for nothing!

Pick 11 is already a discount on a 23 year old all Australian with Stringers talent.
There is no backflip for them to ask for pick 11


By implying he's not fit for the club, that he has issues and doesn't enjoy the workload, you're implying that he is of lesser value...so turning around and then asking for a high pick is a backflip, unless they initially thought he was worth higher than pick 11. It's not Connors spin, it's exactly what I thought the second I scoffed at them playing hardball. Connors would no doubt be pissed they effectively attempted to erode his clients value from the outset...the public commentary from the Dogs was not what was required, but then they've never been great at handling the media IMO.
SaintPav wrote:It's a cliche now piss off you snot nose ignoramus.
User avatar
degruch
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 7718
Joined: Mon 19 May 2008 4:29pm
Location: Sunny Doncaster

Re: Jaxons come on down (2017/18 thread)

Postby The Recruit » Wed 11 Oct 2017 11:31pm

Con Gorozidis wrote:
SMS wrote:
jaxons wrote:
SMS wrote:Is it true jaxons 3 and 16 for 7,8?
Interesting. Not sure i mind either way. Would be nice to get rayner or uniacke though. And obrien/bonar may be a possibility at 16?


Can you tell me how we get 3 and 16 when they are owned by two different clubs?


Gibbs deal apparently.

Rumor is if 16 goes to carton for gibbs then its on.

Could be awesome IF bonar, obrien or Hclarke slip to 16 which they could. Imagine we got Uniacke and Obrien?


I quite like this idea. 3 & 16 for 7,8 aint a bad option for us imo.


+1
'Remember that guy that gave up. Neither does anyone else.'
The Recruit
Club Player
 
Posts: 461
Joined: Tue 12 May 2015 12:50am

Re: Jaxons come on down (2017/18 thread)

Postby SuperDuper » Thu 12 Oct 2017 12:40am

degruch wrote:
SuperDuper wrote:
degruch wrote:
SuperDuper wrote:
degruch wrote:
prwilkinson wrote:Not much news at this stage.... waiting... watching.


Sounds like Motlop fluffing around, and the Dogs' massive backflip on Stringer might be holding everyone up...Geelong, Suns and Essendon sound like the big movers at this stage, all stranded. Good, gives us more time to sure up a deal on D Smith. :mrgreen:


Hardly a backflip. Listening to Conors gets you nowhere.

Seems very very simple to me. Stringer is clearly worth 11. If Essendon want him they give 11.

Consider how easy the trade of Mitchel from Sydney was last year

Bombers are the problem,.not a "backflip" from bulldogs who are entitled to ask for 11


Publicly potting your own player as you shove him out the door, claiming a poor work ethic, then asking for a deal involving a high R1 pick (it's not a straight #11 for Stringer) is absolutely a backflip.



There is no backflip at all. They said they will trade him and they still say they will trade him.
If it were not for all those things you mention, they would be keeping him. They have said they will trade him and they will but a trade means giving something and getting something. They never said they would give him for nothing!

Pick 11 is already a discount on a 23 year old all Australian with Stringers talent.
There is no backflip for them to ask for pick 11


By implying he's not fit for the club, that he has issues and doesn't enjoy the workload, you're implying that he is of lesser value...so turning around and then asking for a high pick is a backflip, unless they initially thought he was worth higher than pick 11. It's not Connors spin, it's exactly what I thought the second I scoffed at them playing hardball. Connors would no doubt be pissed they effectively attempted to erode his clients value from the outset...the public commentary from the Dogs was not what was required, but then they've never been great at handling the media IMO.



If he had a good work ethic and attitude he would be worth 2 first rounders. Melbourne did not even bother starting the bidding process for Lever by offering 10 alone, their *starting* position was 10+28 but that wont get it done.

So yes, Stringer is worth less because of those issues and the bulldogs know that. That is why they are not asking for 2 first rounders like Adeliade are for Lever. But it is not a backflip for them to be asking for pick 11 during a trade process. They want to get the best currency back considering the circumstances. I dont know what you expect them to do? Just let Essendon set the price?
SuperDuper
Club Player
 
Posts: 924
Joined: Sun 25 Mar 2012 9:45pm

Re: Jaxons come on down (2017/18 thread)

Postby CQ SAINT » Thu 12 Oct 2017 1:36am

Who cares. I hope the Injectors get screwed twice and he ends up a first round 500k dud. They either want him or they dont. He wasnt the only Dog in town whose value dropped this. I feel a tank and mini rebuild coming on a la Fremantle.
CQ SAINT
Club Player
 
Posts: 509
Joined: Sat 12 Sep 2015 1:03pm

Re: Jaxons come on down (2017/18 thread)

Postby st.byron » Thu 12 Oct 2017 6:06am

stonecold wrote:
jaxons wrote:Ok will give you an update.
Haynes wants to come to us.
Tomlinson on the fence between staying or going and choosing Collingwood or us.
We are interested in Devon Smith and pitched to him last week, and would be happy to take him if Bombers can't do a deal.
Clearly we are reluctant to give up picks 7 and 8 so not sure how we do any of these deals.
We may do pick 8 for a later pick swap with GWS for Devon Smith but we want a pick in the teens that GWS don't have yet.
Still likely to go to draft with picks 7 and 8 at this stage, which I maintain is the right move.


Thanks Jax, nothing new there!!!!!


Was news to me and apparently some others also appreciated it. To the point info. Without exclamation marks, big noting, self-aggrandising or self-promoting "look at me" behaviour.
User avatar
st.byron
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 7598
Joined: Tue 14 Jun 2005 7:04pm
Location: Mullum

Re: Jaxons come on down (2017/18 thread)

Postby Drake Huggins » Thu 12 Oct 2017 7:52am

We'll do a "Bradbury". After all the jockeying, bluff and bluster, the saints will be the only ones left standing when the real dealing is done. Hang in there. Patience, grasshoppers.
"Is this the right room for an argument?"
"I told you once."
"No, you didn't."
"Yes, I did."
"Listen, an argument isn't just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says, it's a series of statements designed to support a particular conclusion."
"No, it isn't."
"Oh, I've had enough of this."
"No you haven't"
"Oh shut up."
User avatar
Drake Huggins
Club Player
 
Posts: 357
Joined: Wed 04 Oct 2017 4:28pm
Location: The G.G. Huggins Stand

Re: Jaxons come on down (2017/18 thread)

Postby jaxons » Thu 12 Oct 2017 7:58am

SMS wrote:
jaxons wrote:
SMS wrote:Is it true jaxons 3 and 16 for 7,8?
Interesting. Not sure i mind either way. Would be nice to get rayner or uniacke though. And obrien/bonar may be a possibility at 16?


Can you tell me how we get 3 and 16 when they are owned by two different clubs?


Gibbs deal apparently.

Rumor is if 16 goes to carton for gibbs then its on.

Could be awesome IF bonar, obrien or Hclarke slip to 16 which they could. Imagine we got Uniacke and Obrien?


Bonar won’t last until 16.
jaxons
Club Player
 
Posts: 541
Joined: Tue 13 Sep 2011 7:36pm

Re: Jaxons come on down (2017/18 thread)

Postby takeaway » Thu 12 Oct 2017 7:58am

st.byron wrote:
stonecold wrote:
jaxons wrote:Ok will give you an update.
Haynes wants to come to us.
Tomlinson on the fence between staying or going and choosing Collingwood or us.
We are interested in Devon Smith and pitched to him last week, and would be happy to take him if Bombers can't do a deal.
Clearly we are reluctant to give up picks 7 and 8 so not sure how we do any of these deals.
We may do pick 8 for a later pick swap with GWS for Devon Smith but we want a pick in the teens that GWS don't have yet.
Still likely to go to draft with picks 7 and 8 at this stage, which I maintain is the right move.


Thanks Jax, nothing new there!!!!!


Was news to me and apparently some others also appreciated it. To the point info. Without exclamation marks, big noting, self-aggrandising or self-promoting "look at me" behaviour.


There certainly was new info for me, Jaxons had previously mentioned Haynes but good if he wants to come to us even though the chances seem remote. Also updates re Tomlinson & Smith interesting, you never know what may happen.
No need for the last comment Stonecold, some on here like myself don't have your vast network of insiders, and appreciate info from Jaxons. Some info may go nowhere as the trades situation changes all the time, but good to read.
Posters can ignore the info if they choose, let others take it in.
takeaway
Club Player
 
Posts: 158
Joined: Thu 15 Sep 2011 5:54pm

Re: Jaxons come on down (2017/18 thread)

Postby MC Gusto » Thu 12 Oct 2017 8:23am

Thanks jax most appreciated. I’m really keen for haynes more so than tomilinson - think he offers more versatility. Still not sure how we get it done without using 7/8.

Will be interesting to see how it all plays out
#1 Acres fan
User avatar
MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 4338
Joined: Tue 09 Mar 2004 8:29am

Re: Jaxons come on down (2017/18 thread)

Postby stonecold » Thu 12 Oct 2017 8:43am

Byron, I wasn't having a go at Jax, just clearly stating that there was nothing new there, no need for you to have a go at me or my !!!!!

Thanks!!!!!

No wonder posters keep dropping like flies on here with such leadership or lack off!!!!!
'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!
stonecold
Club Player
 
Posts: 1716
Joined: Thu 24 Sep 2015 3:12pm

Re: Jaxons come on down (2017/18 thread)

Postby degruch » Thu 12 Oct 2017 9:06am

CQ SAINT wrote:Who cares. I hope the Injectors get screwed twice and he ends up a first round 500k dud. They either want him or they dont. He wasnt the only Dog in town whose value dropped this. I feel a tank and mini rebuild coming on a la Fremantle.


:lol: Agreed! Dogs absolutely pinched one while they had the chance...good on 'em. Looks like the Doggies have caught everyone off guard by asking a high price for him. He hasn't come off a great of season (his last game against us certainly helped his numbers), at best I can't see what the fuss is about, so Dons are rolling the dice...always happy to see them roll it right off the table. More upside to D Smith if his knee is okay, I can't see them fitting them both in their team if they want to play hardball, so we'll have Smith any day thanks. :mrgreen:
SaintPav wrote:It's a cliche now piss off you snot nose ignoramus.
User avatar
degruch
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 7718
Joined: Mon 19 May 2008 4:29pm
Location: Sunny Doncaster

Re: Jaxons come on down (2017/18 thread)

Postby The_President » Thu 12 Oct 2017 9:33am

st.byron wrote:
stonecold wrote:
jaxons wrote:Ok will give you an update.
Haynes wants to come to us.
Tomlinson on the fence between staying or going and choosing Collingwood or us.
We are interested in Devon Smith and pitched to him last week, and would be happy to take him if Bombers can't do a deal.
Clearly we are reluctant to give up picks 7 and 8 so not sure how we do any of these deals.
We may do pick 8 for a later pick swap with GWS for Devon Smith but we want a pick in the teens that GWS don't have yet.
Still likely to go to draft with picks 7 and 8 at this stage, which I maintain is the right move.


Thanks Jax, nothing new there!!!!!


Was news to me and apparently some others also appreciated it. To the point info. Without exclamation marks, big noting, self-aggrandising or self-promoting "look at me" behaviour.



+1
The_President
Club Player
 
Posts: 521
Joined: Sun 27 Mar 2016 8:05pm

Re: Jaxons come on down (2017/18 thread)

Postby older saint » Thu 12 Oct 2017 9:50am

Just thinking out aloud.

Trade Picks 7 & 8 to GC , who are in a major rebuild for 2 and 22( not sure how points work but they have 24 and 19 also)

Obviously use 2 and then use pick from GWS for Tomlinson. Means we turn 7 & 8 into Davies-Uniacke or Rayner . We need top line talent and a chance to grab that ?

Thoughts
older saint
Club Player
 
Posts: 1589
Joined: Wed 12 Sep 2007 5:30pm

Re: Jaxons come on down (2017/18 thread)

Postby dragit » Thu 12 Oct 2017 10:10am

Can't see anyone trading out a top 3 pick without the deal heavily favouring them.
User avatar
dragit
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 11917
Joined: Tue 29 Jun 2010 11:56am

Re: Jaxons come on down (2017/18 thread)

Postby shrodes » Thu 12 Oct 2017 10:22am

Bombers got Smith

Giants get: Pick 11 & a future 3rd round selection

Ess get: Smith, pick 24 & future 2nd round pick.
Last edited by shrodes on Thu 12 Oct 2017 10:35am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
shrodes
Club Player
 
Posts: 1107
Joined: Tue 12 Aug 2014 2:34pm
Location: Melbourne

Re: Jaxons come on down (2017/18 thread)

Postby degruch » Thu 12 Oct 2017 10:24am

shrodes wrote:Bombers got Smith

Devon Smith is off to Essendon as the dominoes start to fall. The Giants will receive pick No.11 from the Bombers.

The Giants have sent pick No.24 to Essendon as part of the deal as well, which might be enough to bring Adam Saad to the club from Gold Coast.


Damn.
SaintPav wrote:It's a cliche now piss off you snot nose ignoramus.
User avatar
degruch
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 7718
Joined: Mon 19 May 2008 4:29pm
Location: Sunny Doncaster

PreviousNext

Return to Saintsational Fan Forum (open to all ages)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], bobmurray, Con Gorozidis, CQ SAINT, Google [Bot] and 12 guests