Jaxons come on down (2017/18 thread)

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

Re: Jaxons come on down (2017/18 thread)

shrodes wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:So Lachie Weller finds the GC basket case more attractive than us.
He spoke about it a day or two ago... family moving to Queensland and his girlfriend is from there. Considered Saints.

Yep. He's only going to GC for his GF. Its his best fit.

Bloody Ross Lyon went straight to the board and demanded a very high price for Wellar. What a dick.

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:Hate to admit it but Carlton are going to have a good list in the next few years.
They would be laughing with the Gibbs deal.
How do figure that one out? GWS can't win a premiership with the list they have and offload their rejects to Carlton so tell me how Carlton are going to win one??

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
shrodes
SS Life Member

Port Adelaide trade Rd 2 (34) on-traded and 2018 Rd4 On-Traded to
StK for 2018 Rd2, Rd 4 (59) and Rd 4 (63).

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

shrodes wrote:Port Adelaide trade Rd 2 (34) on-traded and 2018 Rd4 On-Traded to
StK for 2018 Rd2, Rd 4 (59) and Rd 4 (63).
So we don't have a round 2 or 3 for next year? Is that right?

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Work getting in the way of trade week but it looks like we have made complex swap of picks with Port that gives us pick 34 and loses a couple of later picks. Hopefully addressing the issues Ace raised.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
ace
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote:Work getting in the way of trade week but it looks like we have made complex swap of picks with Port that gives us pick 34 and loses a couple of later picks. Hopefully addressing the issues Ace raised.
We seem to have traded our 2018 second round pick (27 if we stay static in 2018) for 2017 pick 34.
We have to jump to 4th on the ladder for that to balance.
But then we threw in picks 59 and 63 as steak knives as well.
We have valued our 2nd round pick for 2018 at pick 49 ??????????????????????????????????????????????????
How does this make sense ?

What is going on, do we seriously think we are going to win the 2018 premiership and so devalue our 2018 2nd rounder.
OR is 2017 a total draft disaster and 2018 a super draft.
Is pick 34 this year really worth pick 49 next year.

PLEASE EXPLAIN Jaxons

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
supersaints
Club Player

Jaxons has had enough of the crap and has left the building, so I don't believe he will post any info anymore

He said as for giving info ....However ‘due to the eat your Own nature” of some here all of that has now ceased.

Like Tony 47 driven away by the muppets....

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!
ss1986
Club Player

Starting to wonder who the muppets really are..... us plebs, or the people in charge of recruitment.

Track record has us neck and neck.

cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

For those who can do nothing but constantly bag our club, why don't you all rip up your memberships and go and barrack for Essendon. You'd fit in nicely there. Honestly, it's pathetic.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote:Why oh why oh why did we use a FUTURE third round pick to secure Logan Ausitn when we already have a 2017 third round pick.

We have delisted 3 players (Riewoldt, Montagna & Dempster)
We have one player uncontracted in Holmes
That means we either have to pay out contracts or we limit the net number to arrivals to 4.

WE have picks 7, 8, 44, 58, 62 all with points attached.
We should be consolidating those into 4 picks.
We did.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

supersaints wrote:Jaxons has had enough of the crap and has left the building, so I don't believe he will post any info anymore

He said as for giving info ....However ‘due to the eat your Own nature” of some here all of that has now ceased.

Like Tony 47 driven away by the muppets....
Well, don't know if tony 47 was driven away but certainly tony74 was . By some of the same posters who think a certain nameless ITK poster is god's gift to this forum.

Go figure. :( :( :( :( :(

Johnny Favier
Club Player

I've been coming on here since the early days around 2002 but enough is enough. Time's up for me.

But when the likes of valuable contributors sych as Tony74 and Jaxons have been driven away, you have to ask yourself what's the point?

I've enjoyed many insightful and witty posts over the years but those contributors appear to have dwindled as time passed.

Quite frankly, I have better things to do with my time than wade through a swamp of petty bickering and point scoring to get to the occasional gold nugget - it used to be the other way around.

So long to the many friends I've made here. It's been a great ride over the many years of ups and downs. Take care, and Go Saints!

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

cwrcyn wrote:For those who can do nothing but constantly bag our club, why don't you all rip up your memberships and go and barrack for Essendon. You'd fit in nicely there. Honestly, it's pathetic.
Up the injectors!
#standbyhird
#donthesash

I feel ill.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Johnny Favier wrote:I've been coming on here since the early days around 2002 but enough is enough. Time's up for me.

But when the likes of valuable contributors sych as Tony74 and Jaxons have been driven away, you have to ask yourself what's the point?

I've enjoyed many insightful and witty posts over the years but those contributors appear to have dwindled as time passed.

Quite frankly, I have better things to do with my time than wade through a swamp of petty bickering and point scoring to get to the occasional gold nugget - it used to be the other way around.

So long to the many friends I've made here. It's been a great ride over the many years of ups and downs. Take care, and Go Saints!
Have to agree it also gives me cause for considering that.....

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Leave Jaxons alone.

How about all the big noting posters from September who were just plain 100% certain we were signed sealed and delivered with a big fish all come back and apologise and admit they were wrong, full of s*** and their so-called 'sources' were full of it?

Yes?? No??

I wont hold my breath.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

How about we just get rid of that last irritant that half the forum really want gone already.

You know who I mean

derby Street
Club Player

cwrcyn wrote:For those who can do nothing but constantly bag our club, why don't you all rip up your memberships and go and barrack for Essendon. You'd fit in nicely there. Honestly, it's pathetic.
Over many years I have spent a lot of time reading and enjoying input from the many loyal and passionate saint supporters. Not anymore, this site has become a miserable and hateful place. I have had a gutful of snivelling whinging posters - nothing it seems would give them greater pleasure than to see the saints fail. The negative tripe that they continue to dish up on a regular basis is WAP, if they do this negative cr#p in their daily lives at home and work what a sad life they must lead. I can see both sides of most views but continual whinging and cheap keyboard warrior attacks on our club becomes wearing and makes you reconsider checking out Saintsational site.

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

derby Street wrote:
Over many years I have spent a lot of time reading and enjoying input from the many loyal and passionate saint supporters. Not anymore, this site has become a miserable and hateful place. I have had a gutful of snivelling whinging posters - nothing it seems would give them greater pleasure than to see the saints fail. The negative tripe that they continue to dish up on a regular basis is WAP, if they do this negative cr#p in their daily lives at home and work what a sad life they must lead. I can see both sides of most views but continual whinging and cheap keyboard warrior attacks on our club becomes wearing and makes you reconsider checking out Saintsational site.
Agreed. I've only been on and discovered this site since July I think but its sad sack central at times. Its embarrassing to be honest. I'm not always expecting common sense, football knowledge and that sort of stuff from an internet forum bound to Saints fans but some people need to pull their heads in.

Been following the Saints for a long time and the club is in a very good position in alot of areas. Returning to a new state of the art Moorabbin will be massive for the club too. There is a good list with depth in place, players are re-signing, AR is doing well IMO and the staff behind the scenes are quite competent. There are virtually no off field issues, finances are getting better as is the members tally every year.

IMO, there is alot to like and look forward to. The club is going quite well in most areas. Finals will come next year fingers crossed.

I can't wait for all the negative BS but for christ sakes....the never ending trying to find a negative in every single part of the club is a joke. Idi Amin was more delightful. :D

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
milney044
Club Player

I have been part of this forum for a long time, read it a lot, post rarely.
I can relate to both the negative and positive posters. The finals series every year is always the hardest fot me and watching a team that's not the Saints taste premiership glory is always hard to take. The start of October, particularly this year had me questioning the Saints and if I'm ever going to experience that glory as a supporter.
I was honestly really down about the club and our poor history always hits me hard, particularly when i had to witness another long suffering club finally experience a premiership for the 2nd year in a row.
It wasn't until i attended this year's Best and Fairest and belted out "oh when the saints" with the rest of the die hard fans, that the reasons i love this club all came back.
We might not have the trophies in the cabinet or the high profile, but i bloody love this club and what it means to be a Saint.
Boy, are we a loyal, passionate bunch. Hold tight and ride the bumps, the club needs our support.

For what it's worth Jaxons, you were a big reason why i read this forum so often, if its true you're going to stop because of a few opinions, that's disappointing.

Destiny. It's in our hands.

Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

milney044 wrote:I have been part of this forum for a long time, read it a lot, post rarely.
I can relate to both the negative and positive posters. The finals series every year is always the hardest fot me and watching a team that's not the Saints taste premiership glory is always hard to take. The start of October, particularly this year had me questioning the Saints and if I'm ever going to experience that glory as a supporter.
I was honestly really down about the club and our poor history always hits me hard, particularly when i had to witness another long suffering club finally experience a premiership for the 2nd year in a row.
It wasn't until i attended this year's Best and Fairest and belted out "oh when the saints" with the rest of the die hard fans, that the reasons i love this club all came back.
We might not have the trophies in the cabinet or the high profile, but i bloody love this club and what it means to be a Saint.
Boy, are we a loyal, passionate bunch. Hold tight and ride the bumps, the club needs our support.
I can relate to that.

It was really a very special emotional night.

I really enjoyed it. So did my Nth Melbourne supporting wife.

We will be going next year.
Last edited by saynta on Fri 20 Oct 2017 10:10am, edited 1 time in total.

BringBackMadDog
Club Player

100% agree, I have been posting and reding on this site for quite a few years but it ha become a even for keyboard warriors to do nothing but continually bag players and the club. As a 40 year member, I know first hand that we are not a perfect club, but I cannot put up with the content whining and moaning by the new wave of posters and then be called a sycophant or blue sky supporter because I choose to support rather than bag.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

BringBackMadDog wrote:
100% agree, I have been posting and reding on this site for quite a few years but it ha become a even for keyboard warriors to do nothing but continually bag players and the club. As a 40 year member, I know first hand that we are not a perfect club, but I cannot put up with the content whining and moaning by the new wave of posters and then be called a sycophant or blue sky supporter because I choose to support rather than bag.
Amen brother.

ps. I loved Robbie Muir. One of my alltime favourite players.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:How about we just get rid of that last irritant that half the forum really want gone already.

You know who I mean
saynta?

saynta
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
skeptic wrote:How about we just get rid of that last irritant that half the forum really want gone already.

You know who I mean
saynta?
That particular very unpleasant muppet has the s***s with me because I have him on ignore and never answer his posts.

And I never will.

For the record, calling for a poster to be banned is still against forum rules so he might find his arse on the outer.
Last edited by saynta on Fri 20 Oct 2017 10:22am, edited 1 time in total.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

irony ^