Jaxons come on down (2017/18 thread)

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Re: Jaxons come on down (2017/18 thread)

dragit wrote:
degruch wrote:Well...no actually.
Mate, just go have a look if you can be bothered… there have been plenty of cases where he's given us an early scoop.
Well, I have...and I'm correct, this ain't the place to come for a scoop. After the last couple pages of misquoting, I got off (or rather, on) my arse and looked it up...so I'm the last person you should be asking to be 'bothered' doing some research. If more posters did some homework instead of gobbing off there'd probably be less need for about 30 pages in this thread.

Anyway, I doubt much can be proven on a public forum.
Last edited by degruch on Wed 18 Oct 2017 10:27am, edited 2 times in total.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote:
saynta wrote:
degruch wrote:
parkeysainter wrote:Bains is a gun in his role. End of story and its widely recognised in AFL circles.

It has been go over before as to why so no need to flog a dead horse.
If you're going to flog a dead horse, this is the thread for it.
Well, I for one will be making no further comments in respect of a certain ITK, which will undoubtedly please certain posters.

Correct.
:wink: Bless you mate.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:
saynta wrote:All this criticism of Bains I find quite disgusting and completely baseless.

The guy is part of the management of the club that has turned the club from a basket case to one that will make the finals next year.
It's really sad, actually.

Look, the "hype" around Baines is way over the top. It's inaccurate to claim he's a guru/master. He's a trained lawyer/banker, who happened to be in the legal team at Toyota (hence AFL exposure) after he made it into Minter Ellison.

But you know what? Good on him. He's a really nice guy.

He's landed his dream job, getting paid huge money to do it, and rather than scouring the fine print over corporate trade deals looking for mistakes, St KIlda flies him around the country attending draft camps, looking at new players and choosing which players should be paid under the salary cap.

He also gets to put his head into the media, which raises his profile. He's a lock to go for bigger things in the AFL, and I think he would make an excellent head of Multicultural Affairs.

Is he that good at what he does for us? Difficult to say. Take a look at the optics and judge for yourself.
Thanks for posting that.

May make a few of the lower brow posters on here stop their sniping, but then again I doubt it.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

coopergrech wrote:Yes he did about Haynes! 'Haynes is coming' those were his exact words!

Sam Collins the Saints are into, thats what I have been told.
skeptic wrote:
saynta wrote:
outside66 wrote:It's negative people like you Saynta that spoil forums like these for the rest of us! If this is how you treat your fellow Saint then I bet you're the type of 'supporter' who would prefer to bag players than cheer them on. I happen to enjoy when Jaxons or anyone else for that matter come up with information that may or may not be eventually accurate. It certainly has helped this uneventful 'trade period' move along in my eyes.
As I said before, whatever floats your boat. And no I don't prefer to bag players.

Look this is a public forum and people are entitled to express their views.

I can understand the angst though, as I used to get extremely upset at the s*** directed to tony74 , a poster who really had inside information that he was willing to share.

Nearly spat out my coffee on that one... YOU DON'T BAG PLAYERS!!!!

You, the man who's heart sank because they gave Tom Lee a go once. Who wrote off Delaney after his first game and bagged out every performance for the rest of his career including when his finished 4th in the B&F... Little bit of insight Saynta... you're one of the nastier supporters on this forum I've come across when it comes to talking about players

As for Jaxons...
McEvoy trade
Carlisle (picks as suggested)
And there was one other that escapes my mind that he broke before then news came out.

On Haynes, Jax never said he was coming... just that he was interested and as he has repeatedly posted all along... We will likely take pick 7&8 to the draft. He said that at the start. What fake news did you want him to report.
Now you have done it. I have that particular muppet on ignore and you re-posted his s***. Oh well, I forgive you anyway.
Last edited by saynta on Wed 18 Oct 2017 10:17am, edited 2 times in total.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

parkeysainter wrote:In Bains We Trust.

Yep. Well I certainly do.

SMS
Club Player

This thread has gone bad.
Jaxons here??
BALIC??? Why didnt WE get Balic. Far out WHY NOT?? Perfect fornus exactly what we need and for nothing???? I am spewing

degruch
Saintsational Legend

I thought the same re: Balic...maybe he's a Demons supporter, maybe they got stuck into him earlier, maybe they chatted to him back in the draft? But you'd think Melbourne is hardly the place to go for midfield opportunities!

SMS
Club Player

This thread has gone bad.
Jaxons here??
BALIC??? Why didnt WE get Balic. Far out WHY NOT?? Perfect fornus exactly what we need and for nothing???? I am spewing

dragit
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote: Well, I have...and I'm correct, this ain't the place to come for a scoop.
What are you correct about?

http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=87390
http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=83391

Where did you see these posted earlier?

bergsone
SS Life Member

dragit wrote:
degruch wrote: Well, I have...and I'm correct, this ain't the place to come for a scoop.

Good track record has Jaxon,please keep posting mate

degruch
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:

Yet you didn't bother reading through all the guesswork on this very post? I'm happy to see people's opinions, but let's face it, that's all they are.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Sure thing, he guessed that Stanley would go to the Cats for #21 and we would trade McEvoy for Savage and a 1st… then started threads with these guesses before anyone had heard of these left field trades, then they magically came true?

Sounds legit.

Seriously WTF?

Drake Huggins
Club Player

takeaway wrote:Yes, close the thread. Has been taken over, in the words of Spiro Agnew, by the nattering nabobs of negativism.
Nice use of alliteration. An underutilized tool in writing. Get it? Got it? Good! :D

"Is this the right room for an argument?"
"I told you once."
"No, you didn't."
"Yes, I did."
"Listen, an argument isn't just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says, it's a series of statements designed to support a particular conclusion."
"No, it isn't."
"Oh, I've had enough of this."
"No you haven't"
"Oh shut up."
degruch
Saintsational Legend

Geez, there's a desperate need for messiah's on this forum.

That's all fine, they're good scoops for that particular trade period Dragit, absolutely! I ran into a mate of Rob Harvey's, gassed up to the eyeballs at a party, who unloaded a whole heap of gos on me one year...otherwise I'm an IKN. Sources of this info come from everywhere.

I'm happy to see Jaxon's posts, as is everyone I'm sure, who doesn't like to hear a bit of gos...does he/she NEED to be an ITK now? Nothing posted in this thread has come to fruition (as yet?), so am I allowed to suggest there's some educated guessing going on? Personally, I seriously doubt anyone directly connected to the club posts here, I'm sure there's a very tight social media policy...that's not to say some news escapes on the periphery from time to time. I don't see the need to 'play the man' in respect to Jaxons any more than we need do so for anyone who doesn't think he/she is 100% 'legit'.

It's a public forum, we're all effectively anonymous, everything has to be taken with a grain of salt. Why not sit and watch trade week for another few days and save yourself high blood pressure?

Don't think I have anything else to add...re-reading, it all sounds like common sense to me. Post away Jaxons!

SuperDuper
Club Player

Great work peeps.

Jaxons has now twice given clues to who he is and it is very easy to work and he is as ITK as they get... and a bunch of muppets keep posting rubbish about it...

I blame the mods as well... there is a special thread made for the special people known as Jaxons sceptics.. move their posts over there!
And ban them from this thread!
Do your job!

And while you are at it, if you want to post rubbish about Ameet Bains then START A DAMN THREAD ON IT and talk to your stupid selves and stay away from here!!

Mods please clean up this mess... move posts to where they should be... and all you muppets, STAY ON TOPIC HERE and discuss trades and potential trades... not the credentials of posters

dragit
Saintsational Legend

All good… peace, love and wooden spoons.

samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

Has there been a Hitler or Nazi reference yet in this thread?
Apparently, long, meandering threads usually end up with one such reference or two.

Last edited by samoht on Wed 18 Oct 2017 11:51am, edited 1 time in total.

SuperDuper
Club Player

degruch wrote:Geez, there's a desperate need for messiah's on this forum.

That's all fine, they're good scoops for that particular trade period Dragit, absolutely! I ran into a mate of Rob Harvey's, gassed up to the eyeballs at a party, who unloaded a whole heap of gos on me one year...otherwise I'm an IKN. Sources of this info come from everywhere.

I'm happy to see Jaxon's posts, as is everyone I'm sure, who doesn't like to hear a bit of gos...does he/she NEED to be an ITK now? Nothing posted in this thread has come to fruition (as yet?), so am I allowed to suggest there's some educated guessing going on? Personally, I seriously doubt anyone directly connected to the club posts here, I'm sure there's a very tight social media policy...that's not to say some news escapes on the periphery from time to time. I don't see the need to 'play the man' in respect to Jaxons any more than we need do so for anyone who doesn't think he/she is 100% 'legit'.

It's a public forum, we're all effectively anonymous, everything has to be taken with a grain of salt. Why not sit and watch trade week for another few days and save yourself high blood pressure?

Don't think I have anything else to add...re-reading, it all sounds like common sense to me. Post away Jaxons!

MOVE THIS TO THE APPROPIATE THREAD !!!!!!!!!

Degruch, no-one cares if you think other various posters here are legit or not, There is just no need to keep commenting on posters legitimacy. If you dont believe it, you dont have to but you also dont have have to keep TELLING EVERYONE ABOUT IT!!

OK???

We get it,.. You are a skeptic. We just dont want to keep reading about it because WE DONT CARE
Last edited by SuperDuper on Wed 18 Oct 2017 11:56am, edited 2 times in total.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

There…

samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

Good one, dragit!
I did Nazi that coming.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

SuperDuper wrote:
MOVE THIS TO THE APPROPIATE THREAD !!!!!!!!!

Degruch, no-one cares if you think other various posters here are legit or not, There is just no need to keep commenting on posters legitimacy. If you dont believe it, you dont have to but you also dont have have to keep TELLING EVERYONE ABOUT IT!!

OK???

We get it,.. You are a skeptic. We just dont want to keep reading about it because WE DONT CARE
Here's a scoop for ya...no-one cares that you don't care.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

samoht wrote:Good one, dragit!
I did Nazi that coming.
glad you reich.

dals_da_bomb
Club Player

SuperDuper wrote:Great work peeps.

Jaxons has now twice given clues to who he is and it is very easy to work and he is as ITK as they get... and a bunch of muppets keep posting rubbish about it...

I blame the mods as well... there is a special thread made for the special people known as Jaxons sceptics.. move their posts over there!
And ban them from this thread!
Do your job!

And while you are at it, if you want to post rubbish about Ameet Bains then START A DAMN THREAD ON IT and talk to your stupid selves and stay away from here!!

Mods please clean up this mess... move posts to where they should be... and all you muppets, STAY ON TOPIC HERE and discuss trades and potential trades... not the credentials of posters
Are you for real? My Job?? Im on my break at my JOB - where i get paid to work.
I come here because its been a habit for years.
Do you have any experience Moding this place?
You cant possibly imagine how long it takes to read every single darn thing on this place - where you dont get to contribute - bar being the "that person who made that decision" and 'fix it edit it move it remove it' then follow up the poster and the reporter and communicate with the other mods.

Dont throw any of this crap on me - Im here because i enjoy this place.

Im not responsible for what others post or how they behave.
This will be fixed up - when we have time.. a lot of time. Not 12.30pm on a work day.

You know what would help that, if everyone contributed to the forum and followed the rules. They are not overly difficult.

DDb has officially had enough.

The Tiger and the Lion may be more powerful, but the Wolf does not perform in the circus.
Drake Huggins
Club Player

samoht wrote:Has there been a Hitler or Nazi reference yet in this thread?
Apparently, long, meandering threads usually end up with one such reference or two.

Godwin's Law. As soon as you mention the NAZIs in an argument, you lose. Here goes. This is exactly how Nazi Germany started. A lot of layabouts with nothing better to do than criticising everyone and abuse those they disagree with. There. I did it. I feel better now. BTW DDB, no good deed goes unpunished! :D

"Is this the right room for an argument?"
"I told you once."
"No, you didn't."
"Yes, I did."
"Listen, an argument isn't just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says, it's a series of statements designed to support a particular conclusion."
"No, it isn't."
"Oh, I've had enough of this."
"No you haven't"
"Oh shut up."
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Nazi's were criticising whether or not Jaxons is really an ITK!!??

Geeez I'm not half wrong about at least one instance am I