Jaxons come on down (2017/18 thread)

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

BringBackMadDog
Club Player

Re: Jaxons come on down (2017/18 thread)

parkeysainter wrote:This is ridiculous. Paddy would have been taken at no 1 or 2 by every single club in the entire AFL. He was judged by every expert, recruiter and you name it as a no 1 or 2 pick. You can't rewrite history. God some people talk s##t on here.
100% agree. He was in the top 2 pick in every phantom draft and Emma Quayle had him at pick 1 and she is one that f the best judges of junior talent in the country. But this site is now full of keyboard heroes that just want to take pot shots at the club at every opportunity

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

BringBackMadDog wrote:
parkeysainter wrote:This is ridiculous. Paddy would have been taken at no 1 or 2 by every single club in the entire AFL. He was judged by every expert, recruiter and you name it as a no 1 or 2 pick. You can't rewrite history. God some people talk s##t on here.
100% agree. He was in the top 2 pick in every phantom draft and Emma Quayle had him at pick 1 and she is one that f the best judges of junior talent in the country. But this site is now full of keyboard heroes that just want to take pot shots at the club at every opportunity
Agreed Mad Dog. I don't get it and its pretty sad.

We had recruiters and experts all over the land watching Paddy week in and week out in the U/18's and juniors, watched him at the draft combine, they're also meeting him, talking to his family, talking to his coaches, etc. Everyone had him at 1 or 2 due to the above but a few self made experts on Saintsational.net know better than every single of the 18 clubs and the experts that follow the TAC Cup.

Big fat LOL!

Give the kid a chance. He is only 21 and has been unable to play a full season of football in his 3 years due to injuries. None of that is his fault nor the recruiting team at the Saints. It's plain as day. Why is it hard for some people to fathom the above.

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

I truly believe some people are just taking the piss....or on it.

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

CQ SAINT wrote:I truly believe some people are just taking the piss....or on it.
Yep. Probably both. They remind me of a....

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
ace
Saintsational Legend

jonesy wrote:
takeaway wrote:
spert wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:I still don't get McCartin.
What is he actually good at?
Even his under age highlights look average.
Been thinking the same thing. Maybe the club just had stars in their eyes when they had the no. 1 pick, and I think they just expected to easily develop another big forward to cover Roo eventually retiring, but as much as I would like Paddy to do well, there is absolutely nothing to indicate any real strengths apart from the odd strong mark.
Anyone that can totally towell up Rance, before getting injured, has a lot of potential. Just needs to protect his head better, and is working on it.
The sooner he extends his contract the better.
He took two marks on him, hardly a Lockett job
The AFL full back of the century got slaughtered by Plugger.
No chance of Paddy doing that to a VFL full back failure.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
The_President
Club Player

saint-stu wrote:
kosifantutti wrote:
jonesy wrote:
takeaway wrote:
spert wrote:
Been thinking the same thing. Maybe the club just had stars in their eyes when they had the no. 1 pick, and I think they just expected to easily develop another big forward to cover Roo eventually retiring, but as much as I would like Paddy to do well, there is absolutely nothing to indicate any real strengths apart from the odd strong mark.
Anyone that can totally towell up Rance, before getting injured, has a lot of potential. Just needs to protect his head better, and is working on it.
One mark and one slightly dodgy free.
Looks pretty good to me.

How good are the hands!

ace
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote:
jonesy wrote:
takeaway wrote:
spert wrote:
Slightly doggy free kick ?
He slid into a Richmond players legs.
9 times out of 10 the free goes the other way.
Lucky he did not get concussed again.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

He's still 21......

jimmy_slats
Club Player

Rumours thread or paddy bashing s*** talking dick swinging contest ? Seriously you want to talk this crap start a thead call ‘angry little men of saintsational’...

'WALK THIS WAY!!!!!'
degruch
Saintsational Legend

parkeysainter wrote:
BringBackMadDog wrote:
Agreed Mad Dog. I don't get it and its pretty sad.

We had recruiters and experts all over the land watching Paddy week in and week out in the U/18's and juniors, watched him at the draft combine, they're also meeting him, talking to his family, talking to his coaches, etc. Everyone had him at 1 or 2 due to the above but a few self made experts on Saintsational.net know better than every single of the 18 clubs and the experts that follow the TAC Cup.

Big fat LOL!

Give the kid a chance. He is only 21 and has been unable to play a full season of football in his 3 years due to injuries. None of that is his fault nor the recruiting team at the Saints. It's plain as day. Why is it hard for some people to fathom the above.
Agree, there's a whole lot of NFI on here when it comes to Paddy. However, due to your last couple sentences, the kid has absolutely zero confidence, his last performance for us was really, really bad. Would it be surprising to see him look elsewhere for a fresh start if we don't tie him up for a contract extension? I guess it would very much depend on whether he gets a good pre-season in this Summer...is that why we're not hearing much about our desire to sign him up for an extended period?

spert
Saintsational Legend

I only go on what I see, not what I would like to see, and I did say I hope he can do OK. Some Sainters need a reality check, and seem to have a dream team running around in their heads.

saint-stu
Club Player

The_President wrote:
saint-stu wrote:
kosifantutti wrote:
jonesy wrote:
takeaway wrote:
spert wrote:
Looks pretty good to me.

How good are the hands!
I'm very excited about what Paddy should become. To me, the only thing holding him back is the concussions.

1ac46a38
Legendary
Club Player

Sam McClure reporting that we have now made an offer for Devon Smith because the Bombers can't get a deal done.

To the top
SS Life Member

Those who attack Mc Cartin are delusional over what he should be achieving as a Number 1 Draft Pick, just an interrupted 20 odd games into his career and as a key forward to boot.

And they speak to him being a Diabetic (Type 1) and the concussions in a contact sport, along with other nonsense for his perceived "under achievement".

Such as he did not "carve up" a VFL standard full back, as an all encompassing, summary opinion.

I note that these same "contributors" never go to the very real problem St Kilda currently have in that we play exclusive "stoppers" such as Geary and Brown and Weller, the likes of Webster who is ordinary some 70 games in, that we play a Ruck who can not catch the ball and, accordingly, has zero input around the ground including pushing forward and we laud the likes of Steele and Stevens because they tackle - not that they have the ball in hand and use the ball.

Instead they vent their spleens on Mc Cartin for the reasons we see on here.

Believing in their own "superiority"

Well we will see, but there is no doubt St Kilda, now in the absence of Riewoldt, absolutely require Mc Cartin as a (if not the) linchpin to an improvement in team results.

And, to me, in those 20 odd games to date, Mc Cartin has shown he can deliver because he has the mobility, he has very clean marking hands and he has good skills with the ball in hand including foot disposal and decisions.

There are some on here who see everything thru the prism of goals kicked by a player - reliving the Milne culture and the reason we deploy to a "defensive" forward as compensation, when each player is required to be both an attacking resource and a defensive resource, not just someone who kicks goals.

Rocket
Club Player

Rather read about trade news than Paddy bashing?

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Amen brother.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:I only go on what I see, not what I would like to see, and I did say I hope he can do OK. Some Sainters need a reality check, and seem to have a dream team running around in their heads.
Well, what is fact was McCartin touted as a top 2 draft pick, what you've seen is McCartin selected with pick 1...that's the reality.

Anyway, who says Paddy's not trade talk...Suns on the rebuild with a new coach, Tom Lynch reportedly in play...hmmm. Have we tied McCartin up with an extended deal yet? :mrgreen:

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Legendary wrote:Sam McClure reporting that we have now made an offer for Devon Smith because the Bombers can't get a deal done.

C'mon, I am sure that Dildoro would have offered GWS a packet of potato chips for him... How unreasonable are those GWS Fellows not to snap it up.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
kazonte13
Club Player

Legendary wrote:Sam McClure reporting that we have now made an offer for Devon Smith because the Bombers can't get a deal done.

With reports Tomlinson is gettable then are we looking at a trade for both.

How does pick 7 ,Hickey and Lonie sound for Smith and Tomlinson.

damienc
Club Player

This threat is now dangerously off topic.

What we need is an ITK to give us a tasty morsel.

How about it?

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

kazonte13 wrote:

It would be saintsational if we could swoop in and steal Devon Smith from the Bombers. That would make my trade period.

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

parkeysainter wrote:
kazonte13 wrote:

It would be saintsational if we could swoop in and steal Devon Smith from the Bombers. That would make my trade period.
Yes, agree.
If we were to swap picks 7&8 to Brisbane for 1 & 19,
Give 19 for Devon Smith and use Pick 1 on Dow or Rayner . ..I reckon we have two ready to go players with heaps of upside.

And it would p#ss off Essendon as a bonus

Nee!
damienc
Club Player

parkeysainter wrote:
kazonte13 wrote:

Mine too.

damienc
Club Player

parkeysainter wrote:
kazonte13 wrote:

They are the absolute worst club in the AFL to trade with.

MickThomas
Club Player

Someone mentioned 'Paddywhacking'
from some, where other underachievers are ignored.

Con and myself continually bag Weller this year as being a list clogger;
Others have either strongly defended Longer, or bagged him.

I have bagged Ben Long, as have a few others.
Newnes is missing all 2017, sadly, and nothing like 2016 version.
Baroose is Basil Fawlty- fumbles, misses goals.
Can't mark.
Then gets used in ruck and gets tired and is no good at all.

There. Many players now bagged.

2020 was an aberration, when we travelled twice to Adelaide and won both, beat Tigers early, beat our bogey Swans. 2021 we've returned to our old ways. Damn